Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to Stop the Blight (Turn 5, the Alpha is annoying and 8's for everyone)  (Read 6671 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Blight (A Dragon Age RTD. Signups!)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 04:11:40 pm »

Remember sten?

Hmmmmmm .........................................  nope.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 04:22:03 pm »

Qunari, in all their glory.
Love, scriver~

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 06:44:26 pm »

Ohallothere.

I really do want Serious to play, but at the same time I don't want to alienate anyone...This calls for a 7 man party, obviously.

Turn 1 will be up soon!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Roll to Stop the Blight (Turn 1, we all know how Ostagar goes...)
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 07:41:00 pm »

Turn would have been up sooner but apparently I have OCD when it comes to turns.

King Cailan's army is busy fortifying the ruins of Ostagar. A natural guard against the invading Chasind barbarian armies of old, the crumbling walls and ancient towers are now your best chance to stop the horde of Darkspawn rising from the south.

Your particular camp is only a short ways away from King Cailan and Teyrn Loghain's camp, which is where the royal guard and few Grey Wardens and Mages are present. It is currently mid-afternoon with the sun setting fast. The battle isn't expected to begin until the evening however, giving you time to go through the Quartermaster's stocks, practice with your fellow soldiers, or merely assist with the defense efforts.

Notable places are the Quartermaster's, where you can buy items. The King's encampment is a short ways to the north. The Grey Warden encampment is a fair ways to the southwest. Various soldiers are loitering about, almost like they're NPC's in some video game. The occasional Elven messenger passes through the camp on their way to deliver messages.

Turns until the Battle of Ostagar - 2 (Not counting this one)

Status
Spoiler: Delion Gaerly/Ahra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rician/Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thomas/Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Silvian/adwarf (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Blight (Turn 1, we all know how Ostagar goes...)
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 07:44:43 pm »

Use my bag o' gold to buy a shortsword.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 07:54:01 pm »

Gillian finished sharpening her sword and put it away. This armor's seen me through a lot, but I ain't got any use for sentimentality. I'd better see about upgradin' it before this battle starts. She went to find the quartermaster and trade her advance pay for Leather Armor.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 01:02:54 am »

sleep.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 01:15:37 am »

Trade gold and the cured hide armor for better armor.
Love, scriver~

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 03:04:46 am »

Trade gold for a magical ring/cowl/belt/gloves that gives a bonus to mana regeneration.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

EmoBiatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 03:28:32 am »

Owen walked from the training court to the blacksmith. This Maul makes good damage, but it wont be enough to truly hack 'n slash those bastards. Better go and buy better weapon. Owen went to the quartermaster to upgrade his Maul
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:36:45 am by EmoBiatch »
I'm flying faster than the speed of SANDWICH !

Every monday's first words : Hurrfriggin' horseshit....

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 03:49:05 am »

sleep.
health potion or similar, buy it!
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 07:01:34 am »

Shop for any type of Magical Artifact. But if none are available then a better staff would do.
Raggle Fraggle

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Blight (Turn 2, Quartermaster is a busy man.)
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 08:11:16 am »

You know, I can't help but shake the feeling I'm missing something.

Use my bag o' gold to buy a shortsword.

Heading over to the Quartermasters little stall, you browse his wares searching for a shorter blade for close combat. He pulls out a curved blade, rather similar to a scimitar. It seems to lack a handguard. "Got this from some elf that was passin' through a while ago. Should serve yer needs alright." He passes the blade to you, and you give him your bag of gold in return. Looking it over, it seems to be a Dar'Misaan, a blade of Dalish craft.

She went to find the quartermaster and trade her advance pay for Leather Armor.

Passing an elf on your way to the Quartermasters, you inquire if he has any leather armor for sale. He nods and sets a pair of boots onto the stall, then a finely crafted pair of gloves, then the rest of the suit. "That'll be 6 silver pieces, miss." You gladly give him your bag of silvers in exchange for the armor.

Trade gold and the cured hide armor for better armor.

You set your bag of silvers on the table and point towards a suit of tanned leather hanging off a rack. He sets the silvers onto a crate and passes the leather armor to you. You feel the leather over, testing its hardiness. It's suitable enough, and definitely better than your suit of cured hide. You trade in your old armor for a bag of Coppers and walk away with your new armor in your arms.

Trade gold for a magical ring/cowl/belt/gloves that gives a bonus to mana regeneration.

You inquire if the quartermaster's stock includes any magical items. He claps his hands and says "I know jus' the thing". He opens up a rather old looking chest and takes out a stylishly embroidered belt. It has fancy gold embroidery stitched into the cloth, and almost seems to give off a steady hum. You give him your bag of silvers, and he promptly counts the money and hands over the belt. Attaching it to your waist, you feel more in touch with the Fade.

Owen went to the quartermaster to upgrade his Maul

"Quartermaster is a busy man today..." you mutter to yourself as various people shuffle back and forth, trading items and silvers for new armor and weapons. You set your maul onto the stall, and the man looks it over. "Lookin' for somethin' a little heavier, eh? You dwarven folk sure love your heavy weapons". From one of the many weapon racks situated behind him, the quartermaster yanks off a rather brutal-looking, spiked hammer made of shining steel. He sets it down on the table next to your old maul, causing the wood to buckle and creak.

Needless to say, you pay the man what he's due, trade in your old hammer, and wander off to test your new weapon of mass destruction.

Shop for any type of Magical Artifact. But if none are available then a better staff would do.

Everyone else having left the quartermasters, you wander up and ask if he has any special items, perhaps magical ones? [5] He contemplates you for a second, and heads off to one of his chests. Then another one. Then another. Finally, he grabs a twisted-looking, blackened stick from inside of it. He sets it on the table quickly, as if eager to get it off of his hands. "Used to belong to one of the circle mages, it did. Got killed in one of the skirmishes in the Wilds, this is all that was left."

You pick up the staff with a cautious hand. It's warm to the touch, but it doesn't feel...right. Regardless, you can feel the power radiating from it. When you ask how much it costs, he just waves you off. "Take it. I know I definitely don' want it."

sleep.

[6] You take advantage of the fact that everyone is off busy preparing for the battle, and catch some rest. Sadly, your dreams are full of Darkspawn horribly mutilating King Cailan's army, while Cailan gets crushed by an Ogre and Loghain and his army flees the battle. Hoo boy, good thing that was just a nightmare.

Turns until the Battle of Ostagar - 1

Status
Spoiler: Delion Gaerly/Ahra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rician/Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thomas/Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Silvian/adwarf (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Blight (Turn 2, the Quartermaster is a busy man.)
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 08:51:21 am »

As proper maintenance is key to good equipment, Searlaite decides to head back to camp to take care of her crossbow. Placing herself by one of the campfires together with some other recruits, their disquiet unease hanging heavy in the air as they talk about the darkspawn and the coming battle.

"I hear they don't eat the survivors", one of them says. "I hear they take them away.. underground, somewhere, and torture them in unspeakable ways. Keeping them alive, for years even, just for their twisted pleasure. If you're lucky, you end up on pole somewhere, or hanging from a tree, like those bastards we found in the woods."

"Don't be a fool", Searlaite replies, trying to calm some of the others. "They're just beasts, rabid animals to be put to the sword. They're both outsmarted and outskilled by us. We fight, and they die, and then we'll return home as heroes." The emptiness of her words was clear even to herself.
Love, scriver~

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Blight (Turn 2, the Quartermaster is a busy man.)
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 09:24:59 am »

Silvian walked back to camp, and said " You are quite wrong some of the darkspawn might be quite dum, but there are some they are brilliant, and it was one of those that gave me this scar. Never underestimate your foe, or you will end up dying from his blade in your back. " with that Silvian sat down, and began taking care his bow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5