Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to get unlimited embark points/more dwarves for project?  (Read 14667 times)

Clowny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, im working on this huge megaproject. and im going to show it to my friends to get them into the game. :D

But to do it in a considerable amount of time, i'd prefer it i could modify the embark options to get more embark points and possibly more dwarves.

The only problem is, i have no idea how. so im looking to the community to give me the answers.

Just one note-- im using DF version v0.28.181.40d18

--Clowny

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to get unlimited embark points/more dwarves for project?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:54:28 am »

I think going to the data/init/worldgen file and editing the [Embarkpoints] tag should do what you want.
I don't know if there's a similar method for adding more dwarves though.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:56:13 am by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Clowny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:55:52 am »

Where can i find the exact file you're mentioning?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 01:57:43 am »

Dwarf_fortress/data/init/world_gen.txt
                        - Random human lord

Clowny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:59:24 am »

it ain't there, perhaps it got mislocated in this build. or was never created. ?

and i tried searching just now. nothing of the sort showed up.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:02:33 am by Clowny »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 02:01:03 am »

Ah.. I'm using DF2010, so I guess it's different in 40d
                        - Random human lord

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 02:03:03 am »

You can change embark points through a world gen value. Pretty sure there's something that increases the number of dwarves on embark but I don't recall it inparticular.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 02:04:59 am »

Edit the value really high. In the game you can only mod it up to 10000, but manually editing the file lets you set it over 1 billion :)

Also, you might like to make your dwarves [SPEED:0] to build the project much quicker. And turn off weather, temperature in d_init.txt

Another trick for "more embark dwarves" is to add [PET][COMMON_DOMESTIC] to dwarves during worldgen, then take it off before embarking. You can buy extra dwarves for 1 dwarfbuck each now, in the animal menu. They will act as normal but have the "tame" tag show after their name, annoying but not game-breaking. Hope this works in 40d!

There's also a "more embark dwarves" utility you can find, probably in DFusion package, which gives "normal" dwarves. You could hunt around for a 40d version.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:07:08 am by Reelyanoob »

Clowny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 02:09:28 am »

Edit the value really high. In the game you can only mod it up to 10000, but manually editing the file lets you set it over 1 billion :)

Also, you might like to make your dwarves [SPEED:0] to build the project much quicker. And turn off weather, temperature in d_init.txt

Another trick for "more embark dwarves" is to add [PET][COMMON_DOMESTIC] to dwarves during worldgen, then take it off before embarking. You can buy extra dwarves for 1 dwarfbuck each now, in the animal menu. They will act as normal but have the "tame" tag show after their name, annoying but not game-breaking. Hope this works in 40d!

i dont see speed, in the d_init, but i do see weather. Any other tricks i could know?

Plus, i tried that utility, it errors out for some reason. something about index file.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 02:53:46 am »

i dont see speed, in the d_init, but i do see weather. Any other tricks i could know?

Plus, i tried that utility, it errors out for some reason. something about index file.

you have to manually add [SPEED:0]

world_gen.txt should be in the main df>data>init folder by default unless you've deleted it, and you have to gen a new world for the added points to take effect
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:54:44 pm by Acperience »

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 03:57:17 am »

You have to add the [SPEED:0] tag to the dwarf creature itself, in creature_standard.txt , it can be set differently for different castes, but just put it near the top of the dwarf entry, so it's for both castes.

This is also where you add [PET][COMMON_DOMESTIC]. But remove them either before or after embarking, it doesn't matter, but with them in worldgen, you can embark with "bought" dwarves, and get more from caravans (this might be buggy, they might run away when uncaged.)

Definitely use dwarf therapist to set their labours in bulk, if you embark with 200 dwarves or so. (EDIT: oops, remembered you're on 40d). Remember to bring a metric f**kton of food and drink, 30 times what you'd normally need. I forgot to do this, and had some very hungry/thirsty slaves.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:25:22 am by Reelyanoob »

outofpractice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 05:38:44 am »

get dfusion ... option 6 i think lets you change the starting amount of dwarves. just change it before you go from the map screen to the screen where you assign points to dwarves etc etc.
artmoney is a program you can use to get as many embark points you want as well.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 10:07:04 am »

Could you go [SPEED:-1]?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 10:50:02 am »

The speed tag says to wait x frames before doing another action. SPEED:0 makes it so they act on every single frame without any waiting.

SPEED:-1 would mean... they move backwards through time?!

(No, SPEED:-1 won't work. ;))

Halconnen

• Bay Watcher
  • Danmaku Fortress
    • View Profile
    • Certaincake
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 01:13:35 pm »

He's using 40d.

No castes, no dfusion.

That said, why not use DF2010?
Pages: [1] 2