Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Dethy Deluxe: Debugging complete! [Game over]  (Read 31330 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe: And then there were three [Day 5]
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2011, 05:36:59 pm »

So. We already figured out who the other Mafia is, let's take him down. IronyOwl.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2011, 06:11:53 pm »

This may sound stupid, but what if Webadicts plan was wrong? I'd rather not jump to conclusions so quickly.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 02, 2011, 06:11:37 pm »

Bd, he forgot to show his inspect result before he shortened. Webadict had him down as an ally before that, actually.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 02, 2011, 06:47:59 pm »

Well we should atleast hear what he has to say, right?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2011, 10:10:35 pm »

Bd, he forgot to show his inspect result before he shortened. Webadict had him down as an ally before that, actually.
I've explained why, and as you've just now pointed out, there's really no way I could have been lying.

As you say, wuba had me down as an insane cop. If I were lying scum, all I'd have to do was agree with him and ride the big planmaker's assertion that I was town. Instead, I gave the actual result I had- the one that triggered the first, I think, of several massive, massive revisions to wuba's predictions. There was no real reason for me to do that if I was scum.

You, on the other hand, have been extremely quick to lynch on the plan of someone who we know was repeatedly, and sometimes grievously, incorrect. If you were town and were wrong, you'd have lost instantly. Yet, you didn't have the slightest hint of hesitation, because wuba said so let's not do anything silly like talk about this.

Of course, if you weren't scum Bd would have hammered me for the win, so figuring out who is scum is easy on my part. Powder Miner.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe: Packetman [Day 3]
« Reply #305 on: July 02, 2011, 10:33:33 pm »

Vote Count:

IronyOwl: Powder Miner
Bdthemag:
Powder Miner: IronyOwl

No Lynch:

Not voting: Bdthemag

Day 5 will end 11 PM EST on Tuesday, 7/5

There are no hammers this game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 02, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »

Oh shit, so much pressure... Hold on gotta check back through the thread.
Welcome to Reality.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 02, 2011, 10:54:45 pm »

Since Webadict was cop and his logic has been mostly solid up to the point he died, the logical choice would be Irony. First of all you instantly agreed I was not scum since I didn't hammer, which seems normal but yet a bit odd. Powder you seemed quick to accuse people on D1 and you seemed quick to lynch. Feel free to accuse eachother while im making my final decision.
Welcome to Reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 02, 2011, 11:07:31 pm »

Since Webadict was cop and his logic has been mostly solid up to the point he died
It wasn't, though. He was supremely confident of himself, then proven wrong and supremely confident of the revision, multiple times.

First of all you instantly agreed I was not scum since I didn't hammer, which seems normal but yet a bit odd.
I had forgotten there were no hammers, so didn't see any possible reason for you to say anything but "Vote IronyOwl, I win" if you were scum.

Even without hammers, though, you seemed to be in a pretty good position to just ride the microbandwagon, if you didn't care one way or the other.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 03, 2011, 12:00:25 am »

Well after looking through everyone's posts, using the brand new Lurk TrackerTM by Think! Im going to take a guess and say IronyOwl, since if Webadicts wrong then he can't yell at me for voting Powder Miner. If its you Powder Miner, congrats you bastard!
Welcome to Reality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe: Packetman [Day 3]
« Reply #310 on: July 04, 2011, 10:03:10 pm »

Vote Count:

IronyOwl: Powder Miner, Bdthemag
Bdthemag:

No Lynch:

Not voting:

Day 5 will end 11 PM EST on Tuesday, 7/5
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 06, 2011, 09:46:53 am »

Has this ended yet?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 06, 2011, 09:50:18 am »

I think so.
Becuz I would've updated BMXXIV otherwise, and it would update even before.
wait what.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 06, 2011, 10:42:57 am »

Of course it ended!  I never would have forgotten! 

Vote Count:

IronyOwl: Powder Miner, Bdthemag
Bdthemag:

"Hey, they did it!  They terminated the last rogue program!"

"Told you my design worked."

"The design is indeed sound.  We do need to go over the specifics."

"There's always little things."

"I think we can start talking ship dates with the bosses.  We'll be rich!"

Game over!  Town has won!

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Scum Chat
Dead Chat

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe: Debugging complete! [Game over]
« Reply #314 on: July 06, 2011, 10:59:44 am »

I hope people enjoyed this.  I felt that, much like the original Dethy, the game as designed is too town friendly.  The large number times town can nolynch is definitely the biggest culprit.  If this ran again, I would strongly consider forbidding a no-lynch, though an unbreakable tie would have to be addressed.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23