Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Dethy Deluxe: Debugging complete! [Game over]  (Read 31373 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe: Malicious Packets [Day 2]
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2011, 06:16:40 pm »

What if both you and Irony are scum?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »

IronyOwl and I HAVE to be on the same team.

Yep, that's what I'm worried about.

Instead of lynching somebody who could potentially be a sane/insane cop, how about we no lynch instead, play this out cautiously, and instead get even more results to confirm who's what type of cop.

You wanting to rush through a lynch already is suspect. There's no need for it, unless you're worried the scum baseline you've set up by choosing yourself and IronyOwl as the first two inspects will be shattered upon further inspections, which there'll be a lot of unless you start lynching now.

It's actually pointless to focus all the inspects on me, because it's already certain that webadict and IronyOwl are already different alignments from me. It would be more fruitful to inspect somebody else, somebody who's gotten a different result between webadict and their first target like I did. I pick Darvi. It'll have the same effect to show who the insane/sane cops are, but it's vastly more informative since we'll have inspects on more people.

It'll also show that there are more people who have alignments different from IronyOwl and webadict, which will then prove that they're scum and we can lynch them.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2011, 07:38:51 pm »

So, I'm willing to risk that.

Sheb.

That means Dariush and Irony should investigate Heliman while Bdthemag, Darvi, TolyK, and I investigate Powder Miner. Sheb is lynched today, proving your innocence and my innocence, Jim Groovester is lynched tomorrow, and the following day is lynching whichever one of Powder Miner or Heliman is left.

Game broken and it's only Day 2. Good run.

Now, anyone see any holes in this plan?
One hole, or rather, one opportunity cost: If we no-lynch tonight, everyone who inspected Jim Groovester can inspect Sheb instead. Then we Lynch Jim, and if he flips town, we lynch you. A no-lynch is also a free day because of end game parity (if we lynch 1 scum and cant find the other, lynching one person per day, we will have a 1:1 parity instead of a 1:0 at the end.)
I, for one, actually vote for a No Lynch too.

It's actually pointless to focus all the inspects on me, because it's already certain that webadict and IronyOwl are already different alignments from me. It would be more fruitful to inspect somebody else, somebody who's gotten a different result between webadict and their first target like I did. I pick Darvi. It'll have the same effect to show who the insane/sane cops are, but it's vastly more informative since we'll have inspects on more people.
Bullshit, much of the town can determine their alignments FOR SURE by inspecting you tonight and lynching you tomorrow. If you flip town tomorrow, then we'll know exactly who the two scum are and who to lynch.

It'll also show that there are more people who have alignments different from IronyOwl and webadict, which will then prove that they're scum and we can lynch them.
A better way to prove that would be just lynching you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe: It begins! [Day 1]
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2011, 08:08:33 pm »

Vote Count:

IronyOwl:
Bdthemag:
Jim Groovester:
Dariush:
Darvi:
TolyK:
Sheb: Dariush, webadict
webadict:
Powder Miner:
Heliman:

No Lynch: Jim Groovester, Heliman

Not voting: IronyOwl, TolyK, Powder Miner, Sheb, Darvi, Bdthemag

Day 2 will last until Wednesday, 6/18 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2011, 08:19:42 pm »

No Lynch and Shorten.

Let's get the inspects and move on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2011, 08:22:54 pm »

Oppose shorten.

Aren't you forgetting something?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2011, 08:59:42 pm »

Right. Web was right the first time, I got Town on him.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2011, 09:03:13 pm »

Then how come you voted and shortened before you mentioned your all important inspect result?

It's almost like you forgot you were supposed to be a cop.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2011, 09:05:30 pm »

That's not what I said at all.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2011, 09:07:50 pm »

WUBA, how come you went ahead and did all your analysis before you got IronyOwl's result?

That's fishy.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2011, 09:14:55 pm »

Like I said... What if both webadict and IronyOwl are mafia?
What if, webadit? Answer me this time.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2011, 09:18:31 pm »

That's not what I said at all.
My bad. Nonetheless, I got town on you.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2011, 09:21:44 pm »

Answer me, scum.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2011, 09:25:53 pm »

Because I thought web had already mentioned it, and he'd certainly gone through all the hypothetical discussions of what it meant. I figured we were done for today.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2011, 09:27:05 pm »

How the fuck would WUBA know that you got a town result on him if you're not on the same team?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23