Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: Dethy Deluxe: Debugging complete! [Game over]  (Read 31378 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe: Malicious Packets [Day 2]
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2011, 11:56:22 am »

We have 5 town inspects on wuba. Kids, what does this tell you?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2011, 12:03:37 pm »

That one of them is a liar, two are naive and the rest are insane.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2011, 12:05:55 pm »

You can't exclude webadict from any potential deductions about who's what for roles.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2011, 12:07:28 pm »

That blarg I am dead.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2011, 12:48:24 pm »

We have 5 town inspects on wuba. Kids, what does this tell you?
Don't go off of that. There's more to it than that.

I hate this fucking table.

We're missing IronyOwl's inspect, and webadict's inspect, but since he's not a cop who cares what he gets.
lol, I love how you're on the defensive right now. You seemed to have missed an entirely good time to start making stuff happen by claiming so passively.

The fact is you didn't care until I started taunting you, which is stupid, since according to your claim, one of Darvi or me HAS to be scum. If I had gotten that, I would've tried to discern which was scum and which was not. You, however, sat back and gave the nonchalant response of:

"Which third party are you?"

Do you know WHY that's the worst response you can give?

Because that implies that I couldn't possibly be Mafia, and therefore must be something else. The only reason I couldn't be Mafia is if you already knew who the Mafia was.

If you were Town, you would've known what I had gotten, because it's beyond obvious. Everyone followed the plan. The plan made a bunch of sense to me. And, now that I know I'm a Sane Cop, I no longer WISH to sacrifice myself, though we'll see how it goes. Also, you wouldn't've inspect Darvi. That is the most illogical choice I've ever seen.

Bet you're wondering how I know I'm sane. Well, it's actually quite logical. It also helps that I chose exactly the right person to have as secondary inspect. >:D

There are 5 inspects on IronyOwl and me that are exactly the same. The other 1 belong to me, who can't examine myself. They are Bdthemag, Darvi, and TolyK (Mafia), and Sheb and Powder Miner (Town). Since, Jim, then there can only be a MAX of 2 fake inspects. FURTHERMORE (And this is the best part) IronyOwl and I HAVE to be on the same team. If we weren't, there could no way that there would be FIVE same inspects (2 of the fake inspects would be coming from me and Irony, leaving only 1 fake), meaning that there would have to be a (4/8 * 3/7 * 2/6 * 1/5) VERY VERY small chance that only the Paranoid and Naive cops inspected Irony and I. AND I'd have to somehow know this to begin with.

-Therefore, it is logically indicative that IronyOwl and I are of the same alignment. Unless you want to argue that I am the God of Luck and rigged the entire setup like that.

Secondly, there are several things wrong with Jim's claim. First, the either or on Darvi and me with no joy whatsoever, despite having had all of these helpful tips for how to play. You'd think he would be paying attention. He seems so drawn toward having me distrusted and not Sheb or Darvi, who could also be scum, according to the inspects. He's being incredibly passive and, overall, has no idea what he's doing. At all.

Thirdly, Jim and I and opposite results on each other.

-Therefore, Jim and I are on opposing alignments, as I'm about 99.9% positive that Irony is of my alignment.

That means Jim is scum. You wanna know what we do with scum?

We inspect them to find out who is Naive, Paranoid, Insane, and Sane. Then you can find who is lying from there. It's actually pretty easy.

Inspect Jim tonight. This should reveal all Sane and Insane cops. If you've already inspected Jim, inspect... well, inspect anyone actually. It no longer matters. Inspect Irony for all I care. It'll prove we're on a team, as that makes the chances of us being scum together zero. But, one of Sheb and Darvi are scum. Probably Sheb, since Jim would likely kill Darvi to frame me.

tl;dr? Jim is Mafia. IronyOwl got a Town inspect from me, as should've been obvious.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2011, 01:04:04 pm »

My bad. Darvi and Dariush get mixed up a bit... They have similar names. Blah!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:15 pm »

Web's explanation is actually pretty sound, except for one thing - you forgot to count third party, who may inspect as town and still need to fakeclaim. But whether Jim is scum or third party, there's one thing pretty clear at this point.

Sheb.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2011, 01:31:21 pm »

There's a 50% chance for Town or Mafia inspects from Third Party. It's 2 out of 2.5 chance for Mafia inspects, so it's actually rather likely he's Mafia. But he might be Third Party. Maybe he's lyncher, but I'm gonna lean toward Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2011, 01:34:33 pm »

Also, don't lynch today. Find out Sanities tomorrow by inspecting Jim

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2011, 02:08:02 pm »

Actually, the best time to start lynching is now. Your argument convinced me that you're town, which means I'm sane, which means Sheb is scum. So there you go. And it's not like that will prevent us from inspecting Jim...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2011, 02:33:06 pm »

Actually, the best time to start lynching is now. Your argument convinced me that you're town, which means I'm sane, which means Sheb is scum. So there you go. And it's not like that will prevent us from inspecting Jim...
not true.
You might be insane, or correct. Insane=random.
Although you have a point.
I must be malfunctional :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2011, 02:33:44 pm »

Try not to bumrush a shorten today, I need time to crunch numbers and shit.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2011, 02:33:49 pm »

Wrong. Insane is always wrong. Definitely not random.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2011, 04:05:16 pm »

Assuming you are Town Dariush:

Bdthemag, Darvi, and TolyK are Paranoid/Insane
Irony is Insane
Dariush and I are Sane
Think0028 was Naive
Heliman and Powder are either Naïve or non-Town
Jim and Sheb are non-Town

Works out pretty well.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2011, 05:29:08 pm »

So, I'm willing to risk that.

Sheb.

That means Dariush and Irony should investigate Heliman while Bdthemag, Darvi, TolyK, and I investigate Powder Miner. Sheb is lynched today, proving your innocence and my innocence, Jim Groovester is lynched tomorrow, and the following day is lynching whichever one of Powder Miner or Heliman is left.

Game broken and it's only Day 2. Good run.

Now, anyone see any holes in this plan?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23