Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Dethy Deluxe: Debugging complete! [Game over]  (Read 31359 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe: It begins! [Day 1]
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2011, 10:56:49 am »

No Lynch, and I'm not the third party.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2011, 11:04:06 am »

(PFP)What is all this? Dammit I don't have time to read all this, I'm graduating today.
extend

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2011, 11:11:01 am »

(PFP)Oh wait, we have until monday, just noticed that lol.unextend

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2011, 11:12:40 am »

Webadict, I was trying to help. But if you think I'm too stupid even to assist you, I'll get off. (Until the next day that is.)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2011, 11:42:16 am »

Sheb, if you had read ANYTHING I wrote, then you at least one of the following applies to you:

1) You are stupid and therefore did not understand a word I said.
2) You are Mafia and therefore do not wish to give the Town a free inspect.
3) You are the Third Party and therefore are not helping.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, because I don't think you truly understand what I'm doing. If the third party claims, the Mafia has a huge dilemma: They kill the Third Party and give the Town a free inspect (and possibly a win for the Third Party) or the Mafia doesn't kill the Third Party, and the Town gives the Third Party the win anyhow.

There are few reasons to not claim as Third Party, and I'd really hope they don't apply.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2011, 01:35:45 pm »

alright, I'm a cop not a third party.
I inspected IronyOwl, and got scum. Anyways, we need to make a table concerning who looked at what, and what we should do.

It would make sense for pairs or triples to look at one person, correct?

Sorry, I'm kinda skimming, but I think i get you Wuba.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2011, 02:04:34 pm »

I've already come up with a plan. Scan me, unless you already scanned me, in which case you should scan Ironyowl.

The real question should be "Why didn't you try to scan me last Night?" Because everyone should have tried to sync it up... The obvious way.

So, I'm in command. You either can follow me or you can be solely responsible for the loss. I've got a spreadsheet already going, along with various statistical data.

If you have a better plan, feel free to share. Otherwise, get No Lynching, because we're not going to lynch.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2011, 02:13:12 pm »

I'll admit I inspected you because initial inspect results are always most useful on whoever comes up with plans. Anyways, agreed, I'll scan IronyOwl tonight. Already no lynching.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2011, 02:37:45 pm »

I'll then release my notes and inspection result. I've already started a some good charts.

So, I'm in command. You either can follow me or you can be solely responsible for the loss. I've got a spreadsheet already going, along with various statistical data.

If you have a better plan, feel free to share. Otherwise, get No Lynching, because we're not going to lynch.
Hello? What? Before we can follow your plan would you mind, oh I don't know, Actually telling us it first? Because if you're town and you're planning on using some complex plan to win, Scum is going to get anxious about this guy that's leading town by the balls and you'll be dead by next morning, leaving us with no fucking clue where you're going with this. Where are your notes? Where is your spreadsheet? You said you'd post them, but you never did.

If the third party claims, the Mafia has a huge dilemma: They kill the Third Party and give the Town a free inspect (and possibly a win for the Third Party) or the Mafia doesn't kill the Third Party, and the Town gives the Third Party the win anyhow.

There are few reasons to not claim as Third Party, and I'd really hope they don't apply.
I disagree.

Lets say one player just comes up and says "I'm Third Party."

Four roles who have no business claiming straight off are the Survivor (Afraid of a scenario where town has to lynch him to confirm his third party nature), Mafia-Ally (has to be anti town), Martyr (claiming will cause scum to avoid until killing until the near the end of the game so they can raise the chance of a sane/insane cop kill) and Serial Killer (should never, ever claim). That's a 50% chance outright that third party will not want to claim. In addition, Jester and Lyncher will definitely be worried that town won't keep to its word and Assassin would be better off claiming later in the game to increase the possibility his target will be Night Killed. In reality, the only person who has any real business claiming is a Brother who is willing to ride on the 8/10 chance that his target is town. There are many reasons to not claim.

Also, all eleven people have claimed that they have read somebody, which means that third party has false claimed already, which means that third party is already intent on lying, so I don't know where you're going with this.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2011, 04:13:55 pm »

No lynch. What the fuck were people doing voting anyway? That's not how Dethy games are played. At least that's not how I think Dethy games are played..

webadict's plan is fine. You should all follow along with it because it's a good plan. Inspecting the same target will help confirm sanities. There will be exactly 50% town and scum results on any one person at a time (real results anyway), and if the results remain the same between two targets, then it confirms them as having the same alignment (most likely town), and it confirms sanities as at least sane/naive or paranoid/insane. So just follow along with it. Complain about it if you want. It'll be good for webadict and the plan.

If you don't like webadict calling all the shots and hoarding all the info here's the table you should be using. The vertical axis is the inspector, and the horizontal axis is the inspectee. The box is the result. I recommend you build it in something that isn't shitty bulletin board code.

Inspector/InspecteeIronyOwlBdthemagJim GroovesterThink0028DariushDarviTolykShebwebadictPowder MinerHeliman
IronyOwlxtown
Bdthemagxscum
Jim Groovesterxtown
Think0028xtown
Dariushxscum
Darvixscum
Tolykscumx
Shebtownx
webadictscumx
Powder Minertownx
Helimantownx

Now you know exactly what webadict knows.

No Lynch, and I'm not the third party.

Why are you claiming not to be the third party? What good is claiming that you're not something going to do?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2011, 04:15:19 pm »

You're right Heliman. I should tell you what the plan is, because I forgot there are people like you who don't read long posts.

I'll talk in small words for you, since you seemed to have nitpicked everything but the important pieces.

No Lynch.
If you didn't inspect webadict last Night, you inspect webadict Tonight.
If you inspected webadict last Night, you inspect IronyOwl Tonight.
Show up tomorrow with an inspect that matches what it should.

Got it? No? Well, you weren't going to anyway. Shorten.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2011, 04:15:35 pm »

Because I figured that there's not too much else I could do. Web's pretty adamant that the third party should claim, and just writing a post that says No Lynch and nothing else felt kind of silly.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:28 pm »

I still don't like Sheb's responses, but that's a good plan. No-lynch.

But yeah, I agree that 3p would not want to claim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2011, 04:24:11 pm »

We've got everything we need. Shorten.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2011, 04:25:59 pm »

Shorten. I'm helping!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23