Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Dethy Deluxe: Debugging complete! [Game over]  (Read 31323 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Dethy Deluxe: Debugging complete! [Game over]
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:35:32 pm »

Let's put up a game- it's too quiet right now.

Dethy is a fixed gametype for 5 players.  There are four townie cops and one scum.  The cops are one each of sane, naive, paranoid, and insane- but they don't know which is which.  The game starts on a no-kill N0, and they must deduce who is scum from there, while the scum has to convincingly lie about the inspect they don't have.

This is Dethy Deluxe.

There are 8 town cops, 2 mafia, and 1 third party.  The town cops are two sets of SPIN cops with no special addons.  There is one mafia power role, but you don't know what it is, except that it will not affect investigation results.  You do not know what the third party is, but you do know what they will inspect as.

What kind of cops are there?

Sane gets inspect result as normal.
Paranoid gets a guilty result on everyone.
Insane gets inspect results opposite of normal.
Naive gets an innocent result on everyone.

You don't know which kind you are, but there are two of each.

Standard Rules:

1. All votes must be in red.  Unvoting before voting again is not required, but appreciated.  You may vote for No Lynch.  In case of a tie, no one will be lynched.
   2. Days are 72 hours while Nights are 24 hours.  Neither time span includes weekends, though I may end weekend-spanning nights after 24 hours if all night actions are in.  Unless otherwise stated, days and nights end at 11 PM EST.
   3. Never edit your posts for any reason, including typos.
   4. Do not PM other players.  Players with private chat access will be given a topic on QuickTopic where they may post freely.
   5. Never quote any PM from the mod.  You may give a general summary (for example, a roleclaim), but do not quote directly.
   6. Please put my name in bold if you would like to get my attention. 
   7. You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold.  Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing, and are for 24 hours.  Shortens require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end.
   8. Dead players may post one “bah post” to comment on their death, but it may not contain any relevant game information.  After that, dead men tell no tales, so please do not post.
   9. Please make an effort to post at least once daily.  If you do not post for 36 hours, you will be prodded.  If I don’t hear from you within 24 more hours, you will be replaced.  If you think someone needs a prod, please bring it to my attention- I can’t guarantee I will notice everyone who is not posting.
  10. Never underestimate your importance, and always play to win!

Players:
1. IronyOwl
2. Bdthemag
3. Jim Groovester  Cop
4. Think0028  Cop
5. Dariush  Lyncher:  Won D4
6. Darvi  Super Saint
7. TolyK  Cop
8. Sheb  Cop
9. webadict  Cop
10. Powder Miner
11. Heliman  Cop
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:43:19 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe! Sign up now! [0/11]
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 07:36:54 pm »

Ooooooooh, in.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe! Sign up now! [1/11]
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:57:44 pm »

Always wanted to play this gametype, IN.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 09:26:16 pm »

In.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 10:32:59 pm »

This could be very interesting, in.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe! Sign up now! [4/11]
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 07:52:59 am »

Argh, after half a year of this subforum being mostly stagnant, there're three games at once I want to play. Whatever, in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe! Sign up now! [5/11]
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 08:01:57 am »

Almost halfway!

I'd also like to give props to Web for his third party list that I totally blatantly stole ideas from.  And for him joining... right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 10:38:48 am »

Bah! There's some questions that I have first: 1) are the Mafia together? 2) do they have a Mafiakill? 3) isn't the Assassin sort of easy to win if those are true?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 11:20:21 am »

Together?  They're a standard mafia team with the standard chat and the standard kill, if that's what you wanted to know.  The third party wouldn't know who the mafia was, and Assassins don't have a kill.  Yes, both Assassin and Lyncher are set to a random townie.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 12:30:13 pm »

I'm guaranteed to be an insane cop.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 12:32:34 pm »

Why the hell not? Because I'm bad at it? Nah, I'll be an intruder.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe! Sign up now! [7/11]
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 01:09:02 pm »

I'm so in.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe! Sign up now! [7/11]
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 01:59:26 pm »

Oooooh. I didn't understand the third party list at all. My bad.

Bah... I guess I'll in IF Third Party fills soon. I can't play a game while I run KWN.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe! Sign up now! [8/11]
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 02:39:01 pm »

HNNG, I want to join this game so badly, but I'd be stretching it with two games to play and two more to mod.

Spoilspec?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe! Sign up now! [8/11]
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 03:03:32 pm »

Do you mind if I put you in the replace pool instead?  By the time I need a replace at least one of those games will probably be over.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23