Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Draw your engravings!  (Read 1412 times)

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
Draw your engravings!
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:18:54 pm »

I'm surprised nobody made this yet.

The title says it all - post drawings of engravings that you found particularly amusing/awesome.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your engravings!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 09:03:41 pm »

This thread actually existed about half a year ago. I posted an image of an engraving of a goblin in a fetal position. It was amusing because it was a goblin thief whose presence I only noticed because it produced a corpse and a bloody mess when it stepped on a weapon trap.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »

This thread actually existed about half a year ago. I posted an image of an engraving of a goblin in a fetal position. It was amusing because it was a goblin thief whose presence I only noticed because it produced a corpse and a bloody mess when it stepped on a weapon trap.
Splatter! Protect the children!
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:39:57 am »

Here is a shit drawing of the female wolf Ashmon Dimplefangs which settled in The Jungles of Tone in 1.
She was the only one of her kind, which essentially means that wolves are extinct in this particular world.

The Dwarf Engraver Mosus Thotholon engraved like 300 engravings of Ashom Dimplefangs settling in the Jungles of Tone and 4 out of the 8 artifacts created in the previous fortress had an imagine of Ashmon Dimplefangs doing something.

Ashmon Dimplefangs is still alive yet the Jungles of Tone is nowhere to be found.

Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 06:42:31 am »

I had a bunch of traders' yaks (always yaks... :-\) engraved lifting assorted trade goods due to the civ being an itemthief. Maybe I could draw one of those...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 10:46:45 am »

Pretty much all of the engravings in my most recent fortress seem to be of a local dwarf civ's emblem, a diamond.

My picture would be pretty boring.
[Signature]

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 10:53:18 am »

Here is a shit drawing of the female wolf Ashmon Dimplefangs which settled in The Jungles of Tone in 1.
She was the only one of her kind, which essentially means that wolves are extinct in this particular world.

The Dwarf Engraver Mosus Thotholon engraved like 300 engravings of Ashom Dimplefangs settling in the Jungles of Tone and 4 out of the 8 artifacts created in the previous fortress had an imagine of Ashmon Dimplefangs doing something.

Ashmon Dimplefangs is still alive yet the Jungles of Tone is nowhere to be found.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When I saw that I thought it was Gordon Freeman staring at a cowering black guy.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »

I've got one. Mind, every time I participate in a 'Draw your...' thread, it immediately dies.  I'm not sure how I feel about that!

This was an engraving my head engraver repeatedly did,  It's a picture of my expedition leader being elected mayor, and surrounded by dwarves. Or in my case, his wife/brewer and his best friend the miner.

Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:19:48 pm »

"The killing of Urist McHuman by an Elephant in the year of X"

All over my fortress. All. Over.

Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:41:55 am »

"The killing of Urist McHuman by an Elephant in the year of X"

All over my fortress. All. Over.

His expression makes it.  'Why, elephant, why? I thought we were friends!'
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 12:50:27 am »

When I saw that I thought it was Gordon Freeman staring at a cowering black guy.
[/quote]

Strangely, I can see Gordon Freeman in the drawing, but not anyone else.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 01:06:16 am »

Engravings, eh?