Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I meet my adventurer?  (Read 1307 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Can I meet my adventurer?
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:12:02 pm »

If I were to create another character for Adv mode, could he be able to meet my other adventurer in the same area where I stopped him?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: Can I meet my adventurer?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 07:22:51 pm »

Pretty much...you'll find him/her in the town you retired 'em in. You can talk to them and even ask them to go with you. You'll also notice that they've apparently pimped out their stuff when left there for a while.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:57:02 pm »

Hitty, with some of the utilities, you can also reequip your companions, even establish a Adventurers guild/ storehouse where items will stay, when you deposit them there. Rumrusher has come up with some grand ideas for Adventurer mode using utilities.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 09:26:56 pm »

I think they "sell" everything they had and "buy" new gear. Could be wrong, though.

This is very useful when your dwarf has a backpack full of *crafts* and gold coins and Xpig tail cloakXs and such as his only armor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:15:28 pm »

I don't think they sell or buy gear, but they do get loads of jewelry sometimes.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 01:53:59 pm »

they finally come our of the closet. :P
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:49:17 pm »

I guess this is more on towns people pimping them out than them getting stylish.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ig88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 08:41:40 pm »

I guess this is more on towns people pimping them out than them getting stylish.
"Pimp my Hero" coming to you this fall.

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 09:35:28 pm »

On the subject of extra stuff when retiring: I'm pretty sure the quality of objects can change. I one had an adventurer in Deon's mod with a zero-quality red steel sword that became masterwork after retirement, if I recall correctly. I wasn't able to duplicate it, but then I didn't really try very hard.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 11:08:40 pm »

Retired adventurers sometimes get equipped with "trophies" from their kills once they come out of retirement. Its all decorations and craft items like bracelets and stuff and its always made from animal/humanoid parts.

Happened to me once, I had much a sheer mass of bling it brought my guy's speed down to 600 or so untill I dropped it all.

Sometimes it doesn't happen. It depends on the civ your adventurer is from, I think.