Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20677 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Summary & Debrief
« Reply #315 on: June 27, 2011, 03:06:43 pm »

I would ask the command team to seriously inspect our wounded to determine if any of them deserve the Medallion Crimson. Also, at least the HQ medic Morion should be awarded the Crimson Skull for courage while dispensing medical aid to a squad member under fire. Special commendations (no awards) to squad 2 for helping to turn the tide when the HQ squad was pinned down. I'll write up some RP for this later, but I'm too busy at work at the moment to do it justice.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 29, 2011, 10:52:03 am »

In his bunk, Carneas studied the primer of his fallen trooper. He was embarrassed to admit it, but sometimes he had difficulty remembering the names of his men. It was easier to cope with their deaths if he didn't become too familiar with them.

Allen Warwick, private. He remembered now. The company had not yet been assigned a commissar, and he had almost had him flogged for walking around with an unfilled primer.

His service record was empty, save for the field labelled "theaters of war". Junkar IV. One sole planet. He probably had less skirmishes than fingers on one hand by the time he died. The page right next to it was the one labelled in bold, death notice. Blank as it stood, now demanding to be filled with details of its former owner. Carneas' eyes paused on the field "next of kind". It was little more than wishful thinking to believe that every single death notice would reach the hands of the kinsmen of the slain. Yet, for some reason, Carneas wanted this notice to reach the hands of his family badly. Perhaps it was a way to appease the guilt in his heart that had plagued him since extraction. Yet another thing to talk about with his confessor.

For now, though, he had to make sure he got as many details on the Warwicks in Darryel as possible. Collecting a pen and piece of parchment, Carneas left his quarters and made towards those of his permanent disciplinary headache, private Teikin. He had, against his better judgement, overlooked that one time he caught him gambling, letting him go with a colorful description of the jail and its rodent population. This had only made him bolder, and better at hiding signs of his activity. Still, his squad mates liked him, and he could be mistaken for a storm trooper the way he behaved in battle. It was the only thing keeping Carneas from exposing his habits.

Out of habit, he knocked on the door of his bunk before entering. "Hey baby, you're here early-" A shirtless Teikin came to meet him with a wide grin, an expression that quickly mutated into shock, and into a contrived salute. "Sergeant Rook, sir." Carneas saluted back, all too eager to return to military formalities. "At ease. Teikin, I assume you were familiar with private Warwick?" The man's face twitched for a moment. Carneas felt a pang of guilt. "Sir, I had the honor of being counted as one of his friends, sir." And probably one of his debtors as well. "Did he ever talk about his home town and family?"

Teikin blurted out every kind of detail about the deceased Warwick's life, obviously in a hurry to sate Carneas' curiosity. For his part, he also did not desire to stay and discover which girl was fated to be the mother of a gun baby. He took the notes he deemed relevant, and withdrew towards the quarters of the chief medical officer, eager to be rid of the remorse invoked by Warwick's unfilled death notice.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 29, 2011, 01:25:07 pm »

Thanks for that medal list and the nominations. Feel free to keep them coming. I'm working on mission number 2 currently!

If you would like to sign up for mission two please feel free!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

in, same guy
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Sir of course Sir i would like to join this new venture...Forward Observers ready!

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still up for gung-ho squad leading and ar-pee that burns the eyes when read.  :P

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Still in as Valk pilot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I'm ready for mission two!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lemartes is always up for another round! Maybe with slightly better tactics this time. Same squad, same role.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, can I sign up? Do I just fill out the character sheet on the first page, or do I need to actually... Know how to play? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i just read whats on the first page and it worked out just fine (i think)
Quite fucked indeed.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile

heres my sheet and i think i understand the rules
Name: Strages Hawk
Personality: a easy going guy that cares for his men. but could care less about sending them through a mine field
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Tammen Bosk
Personality: Despite his height and imposing build, Tammen is a rather shifty type, always looking for his own advancement, quite possibly at the expense of others. He rarely speaks unless it's either in an attempt to maniputale someone, or in some caustic remark. It should be noted that despite this he actually talks quite a lot.
Bio: Spending his first ten years of adulthood slaving away in a manufactorum, Tammen already believed himself destined for greater things. He had the ear of several superiors, and subtly exerted pressure to be transferred, bemoaning how 'unsuited to such manual labour' he was, which, given his great size and strength, was quite untrue. Eventually his plan suceeded, and one of his long-suffering overseers signed a transfer to the 4th Darryiel guard, quite happy to see the back of him.
And so Tammen became one of the countless thousands drafted into the Imperial Guard each year.

((I have no idea how accurate/possible any of that is! I tried looking for info on Wh40k, but it's hard to find stuff about 'imperial guard recruiting policies'! :P ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

policies are : can you hold an gun, can you follow orders, can you brutalise enemy opponents, can you hold the line? welcome to the guard.
Quite fucked indeed.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

in come cases that last part is optional. it depends on how liberal the commissariat is in dispensing justice. they don't need to know you'll hold the line. they just assume you won't run when the option is to stay and probably die, or run and definitely die.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23