Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20726 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - SNAFU T5
« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2011, 01:42:49 pm »

what do you call this then!!!
A Double post :)
Yeah sorry bout that, not used to this forums yet I forget to edit ally  :-\
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - OPEN FIRE! T6
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2011, 12:57:05 am »

Hey, what do you know, I'm back online! Sorry for the late Sunday posting. Basic orders are basic...
Stance: Combat

Lemartes poked his head out of the hut and immediately yanked it back in as a las-bolt seared the air where it used to be.
Slightly panicked he closed his eyes and whispered a prayer to the Emperor-on-Earth and his ancestors. Please let me get out of this alive! His resolve slightly re-gained he shouts out general status check requests and encouragement to the squads. To his own men he shouted, "Live, fight, and be a hero, or die and be branded a coward! We need to help squad two pin down that group of heretics! Lay down as thick a fire as you can! If you have any grenades toss them in there!"
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2011, 09:20:53 am »

Yay!

Now I will put up a turn in a few hours! :)

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2011, 06:06:16 am »

A few hours have pass'd.  :P

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Rebel Scum! T7
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2011, 11:27:01 am »

Computer took longer to defrag than I was expecting. Updating as I type!

UPDATE!

Turn 6 Results

14:42 Earth Standard

The firefight continues to rage all across the village. Though everyone seems to notice that the fire from the rebels on the left and right flank have all but stopped. Especially the rebels who were holding the western flank. Several rebels are spotted slinking away back towards the village as low to the ground as possible, while on the right flank, they seem to be holding a fighting retreat.

The PDF in the middle of the field still seem to be holding, undeterred by the awry barrage of death that landed behind them.

The remains of the HQ and 2nd Squad continue to pour on fire at the enemy as they fall back, determined to make them pay for the casualties they've caused. You think you spot another soldier fall, but he may have dove for cover.

Fighting results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the left, The soldier and his wounded comrade stuck in the open take the pause in firing to try and make it to cover, he manages to drag his injured friend to the edge of the tree line. As the enemy try and do the same with their own men, the lasguns and grenade launchers of 1st and 3rd squad cut down a number of the fleeing soldiers.

In the middle, the PDF continue their punishing attack on weapons squad, though it is evident they too are slowly pulling back. Joined by the Grenade Launcher guarding the medic of Squad 3 they lay more fire on the rebels, causing them to duck back.

Fighting results:

Finally Sgt. Lisk heard the inbound correction fire from the Basilisk battery. (Roll: 3+4= slight miss) It was off again, this time to the right, but not as badly as  before. The trees around the PDF are pulverized as the rebel soldiers dive for for little cover the woods will provide them from the monstrous Basilisk shells.

Rolls for wounded stability:

The HQ Squad's medic yells at the LT. “Call the medivac already! These guys need to get out of hear!”

((I made combat less lethal, but you guys made up for it by some awesome rolling, especially on the left flank. Way to give em what for!

Also of note: just because you don't see a model on the board doesn't mean it's not there!))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:48:03 am by Knave »

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2011, 01:41:52 pm »

Character name: Carneas
Squad: 3
Formation: Loose
Stance: Charge
Action: -Cover the distance to the woods previously occupied by the rebels

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carneas grinned maliciously as he caught the sight of a rebel's head being blown apart by a well-placed shot while attempting to help his injured companion up. " Soldiers, loose formation! Affix bayonets! We storm the enemy position!" Gleefully, he clambered out of the paddy and set himself on a sprint towards the trees. "Kill anything that holds a weapon and doesn't have the Aquilla! Leave none alive!"

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2011, 02:02:00 pm »

Character name: Lemartes
Squad: HQ
Formation: n/a
Stance: Combat
Action: Coordinate with the other squads to bring more firepower to bear on the PDF troopers. Call in the medivac.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lemartes continued to shout in to the radio, this time directing his attention to the command channel. Command this is Charlie company, requesting immediate medivac for wounded at AlphaBravo 34. Be advised the area around the target is hot. We'll pop smoke when we hear you inbound.

Switching over to wide-band he put out a call to the various squad leaders, "Get your wounded in order and pull them back to Zulu for triage and medivac."

To Sgt. Lisk, "Hey what's with the erratic fire? Take your time to actually hit those graft-heads! Calm down, and remember that your fire support won't help if it doesn't hit anything."
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - "MEDIC!" T4
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2011, 02:04:26 pm »

Character name: Carnus Tacitus
Squad 2
Formation: Line, radioman behind
Stance: Patrol
Action: Whole squad move forward past the clearing, and keep blindfiring-Melta Marine needs to be up front this time.
-------------------------------

"We got em on the run, boys! Move up, keep firing steady!"

Carnus signaled for his men to move past the clearing, at a steady pace-it was probably going to be hard to keep them in check, but he wasn't going to chase enemy kills on a some "heroic" charge that would get his guys killed. Slow and steady, and once they got past the clearing, then it would be time to charge to the top of the hill and flank those other bastards.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2011, 02:16:14 pm »

Character Name: Arghun Ezekiel
Squad: 2
Formation: squads formation
Stance: charge
Action: see dwarmin.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:22:58 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2011, 02:18:46 pm »

Yeah, everyone else is moving at patrol, Arghun needs to CHARGE! I'm not just doing it for kicks, he can probably rout the retreating force by himself, and we occupy the hill that much faster.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2011, 02:18:56 pm »

Character name: Wulfric
Squad 1
Formation: Spread Out (I don't want one of those Mo'fo's taking everyoen out with one grenade or rocket.)
Stance: combat
Action: Cross the clearing ahead carefully weapons at the ready
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:27:52 pm by adwarf »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2011, 02:24:28 pm »

Lol, copy paste fail.

At least replace my name, your squad number, and the quote marks adwarf :P

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2011, 02:27:25 pm »

Lol, copy paste fail.

At least replace my name, your squad number, and the quote marks adwarf :P
SOrry I just woke up two minutes ago,a dn wanted to get this finishedf before I went to work for my Alchemist RTD

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2011, 02:30:28 pm »

Hey, here's my Valkyrie pilot.

Name: Jordan Vindus
Personality: Cool, competent, confident Valk jock.
Bio: He doesn't like to talk about his past much. That he grew up on Darryiel is about as much as he's willing to share.
'Toon Lead: Nope!

If it's all right, I'd like to have him be the pilot for the medevac.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2011, 02:32:29 pm »

Carnus opens up his radio to HQ squad

"Lemartes, Heads up, we're taking this Hill, and raining fire down the guys in the center-we just gotta get ourselves through this jungle. Can you tell Squads one and three to be careful? That fire stopped awfully fast for a rout. I'm thinking they retreated to fall back positions, and are preparing another ambush in the village."

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23