Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20771 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - SNAFU T5
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2011, 02:41:18 pm »

Okay heres the brigade
4th Darryiel Guard Brigade
Commander:Zaddion "Krak" Sevverus
This brigade has been patched together by many units and worn down by months of combat.

Units

247th Armored regiment
84 leman russes
28 basiliks
36 sentienls
1 baneblade
5 hydra

492nd Infantry regiment (you guys)
2394 infantry men
30 basiliks

159th infantry regiment
2275 infantry men
27 basilisks

support
25 Valkyries
3 bombards

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:53:39 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2011, 02:43:17 pm »

You forgot the Walkers.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2011, 02:44:08 pm »

You forgot the Walkers.
those are sentinels are they not?
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2011, 02:47:36 pm »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2011, 02:47:46 pm »

Yes they would be sentinels.

A few things.

The unit is a division from the planet Darryiel, a hive world. 4th Darryiel Guard is the unit name.

This could be one brigade from the division. Darryiel is also a production hub for Valkyries, so their OOB should reflect that they have many attached.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2011, 02:50:03 pm »

sorry i thought this up when i was away from the computer, the unit is form there they are attached to this unit

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2011, 02:53:57 pm »

modified

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2011, 02:56:37 pm »

For radios, I'd suggest short (maximum of 12-18" on the Vassal Board, less if there's anything in the way.) range for Microbeads, and unlimited range for squads with Vox-men.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - "MEDIC!" T4
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2011, 03:00:40 pm »

Sure thatll be fine not what I intended but that'll be fine

Sorry, I was just trying to clarify what you wanted to play. Could you explain it in a bit of detail?
I meant deploying bodies of troops, such as regiments and tey go along with the regiment like know they are peacekeeping patroling in the rural area out side of genric city name

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - "MEDIC!" T4
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2011, 03:07:45 pm »

All right, edited turn!

Character name: Carnus Tacitus
Squad 2
Formation: Line, radioman behind
Stance:Combat, blind fire toward rebels
Action: Bring my grenade launchers, melta and lazguns in a firing line-shoot in the general direction of those rebel assholes.
 -------------------------------
"There in that direction boys, let fly!"

He pointed in the direction of the rifle fire

"Antipatros, get on the radio and tell the HQ squad to get behind cover, lest we suffer friendly fire."

Carnus scowled. He didn't like firing in the dark. Especially since he could hear a wounded man from HQ squad screaming for his mother. Anyway, those rebs would probably scatter on fire shot...well, he hoped.

"Arghun, they're in that direction. You get up front and prove yourself an asset to the empire..or whatever."

OOC: Really, your about to get cut in half Theodolus, by rebels and squad 2-move your guys back behind the shack. I also Don't know why you moved to Foxtrot before I sweeped the forest, though. It was a natural ambush spot. Sad face. :(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2011, 03:30:39 pm »

Inexperienced commander makes a rookie mistake. Eh, it could be worse. I was actually hoping for you to make a sweep up a bit more north, in order to get them on their side-rear flank. HQ squad may be providing minimal fire, but the enemy should still suffer some sort of flanking shock if you do that.

Kinda like this:

Also, Lemartes did just call his squad to move back to the cover of the hut. Being wary of the pressure mine, of course.

One more call, thought Lemartes. Hauling one of the radio operators into the hut he grabbed the gear on the young man's shaking back and dialed over to the artillery spotter. "Sergeant, call down artillery fire on any concentrated enemy fire points you can spot. Just make sure our men have enough space to survive the barrage, okay?"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:36:59 pm by Theodolus »
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2011, 03:39:55 pm »

I'm pretty wary of moving into that clearing though, but if you insist ;)

Knave, my guys will move into a firing line roughly according to Theodolus's directions.

Edit: To make clear, we'll try to stay under cover. No one should step out of the treeline.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:41:36 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »

I'm pretty wary of moving into that clearing though, but if you insist ;)

Knave, my guys will move into a firing line roughly according to Theodolus's directions.

Edit: To make clear, we'll try to stay under cover. No one should step out of the treeline.

Gotcha!

This should be an interesting turn... :)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2011, 04:11:07 pm »

Also, I think I over-estimated the speed at which squad 2 would be able to move through those woods. They are moving much slower than I had expected them to, even with knowing the rules.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2011, 04:31:28 pm »

Character name: Carneas Rook
Squad: 3
Formation: 2 Lines, one along the edge of the paddy, one behind it watching out for the swamp
Stance:Combat
Action: -Establish firing line along the bottom paddy's edge
-Shoot at any rebel forces on sight

"Squad, we're moving back to the swamp!" Carneas struggled to keep his voice as close to authoritarian as possible. His desire to follow his own order was scant, at best. But, there was a greater chance the hostiles blocking the path to objective Beta would rout if they were being fired upon from several locations. "Form up, two by two! If you're not offering support fire, you're watching out for the swamp! Shoot whatever comes out!" He reached for his comm bead as he moved back into the swamp. "Sergeant Wulfric! I dispatched a medic and grenadier to assist you! Inform them that I'm attaching them to your squad until further notice!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23