Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20764 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - "MEDIC!" T4
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2011, 09:29:23 am »

This has turned out to be quite the turn! Some combat to process.

Watch this pace for the update :)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2011, 10:35:46 am »

Can I play too?
Name: Kymus Lorien
Personality: A calming force, he believes emotion has a bad effect on combat skills. In conflict he shows no fear, nor any anger. When he is outside of conflict he likes to laugh and joke, and doesn't take anything too seriously.
Bio: One of the few Survivors of the 37th Darryiel Guard, he was merged into the 4th Darryiel Guard after the disaster glorious victory reduced the fighting strength of the 37th on an orc-held world. Like the 57 other survivors of the 37th Darryiel Guard, he was busted down in rank when it was discovered that the major Factories on the world were not just non-functional, but reduced to rubble in the fierce fighting.
Apply for Platoon Lead: Sure

Also, your OP squad roster needs updating here eventually. It shows Arghun Ezekiel as random support instead of the Melta, and it doesn't show USEC_OFFICER as Adeon Loken
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2011, 10:38:00 am »

II would actually prefer B...fro more fun... :P

_____

Character Name: Jerrik Lisk

Squad: Forward Observers
 FO Sgt. Jerrik Lisk
 Radio Private Curtis Sil

Formation: none

Stance: patrol
Action: Stay in the foliage and do what we are meant to do Observe the Street and surrounding houses and look if we find anything interesting...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2011, 11:25:09 am »

@Ghazkull - I know, I'll still make it so any detached groups won't have comms unless accompanied by a radioman. Gotta have some cats to herd :)

@Kogan, thanks for pointing that out, I'll be sure to fix up the roster :) I'll also add you character to the waiting list.And I'll see what support opportunities pop up as well for you!

Turn 4 Results

14:40 Earth Standard

P = pinned
S = Suppressed
wounded = severe wound

Pinned = Cannot fire next turn
Suppressed = Cannot move/fire next turn

Reacting quickly, Squad 3 detaches a medic and grenadier to tend to the wounded man, the man left behind to tend to the injured private hauls him slowly back to the hut at gamma, (roll = 10, natural fail) unfortunately the blood loss is much faster than anticipated and the soldier bleeds out shortly after.

Sgt. Carneas takes the remainder of his squad and skirts the next paddy and begins to hook up with first squad, mindful that the area could be laced with booby traps. (Roll: ?) Why did the paddy to your left just bubble like that?

Meanwhile, up the middle, C.C. Hostilian and Sgt. Loken manage to reach the cover of Sierra. Another harmless bullet plinking off a nearby tree.

On the right flank Squad 2 continues to make good progress all things considered through the thick foliage. Soon they'll be coming up on a small clearing.

Sgt Lisk and his RTO wait patiently in the woods, continuing to gather ranges towards Alpha Bravo. (+1 bonus to arty fired on Alpha/Bravo)

To their right, HQ squad creeps forward at the ready, (Roll: 7-2 = 5 = pass) a careful sweep reveals a pressure mine hastily buried right outside the door of Foxtrot. A man moving at a faster pace may have triggered it.

But wait! There's somebody in the woods! Shit! Get Down! Several of the HQ manage to dive into the hut at foxtrot, avoiding the mine as a hail of  eclectic gunfire explodes at them right from the treeline. Autogun fire mixes with the pulse of las bolts and bolt action rifles.

Leader under fire: leadership roll d6+1
Lt. Arnam = 3+1= 4

Fire Results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The firing on the flank seems to embolden more rebel forces lying in wait as other rise from their ambush to open fire. On the left flank, the two soldiers sent ahead to clear the paddy are fired upon by a torrent of rifles and energy weapons.

Leader under fire:
Sgt. Wulfric: 5+1 = 6

Fire Results:

Finally, Sgt. Loken and his Weapons squad having just arrived in the wooded objective is met with a volley of disciplined lasgun fire from the Northeast. Your men do their best to get behind cover, but it'd clear that the weapons being fired on you are of higher quality than the others.

Fire Results:

((Note: Hits doesn't specifically mean you were hit, only that the shot was close enough to cause a reaction by you. You may have dodged the shot or simply have been behind cover where it would have hit you.))

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - SNAFU T5
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »

Lemartes scrambled into the hut, narrowly avoiding the pressure mine set at the entrance. Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit! He paused and tried to take stock of the situation. From the noise on the radio it sounded like the other squads were in trouble as well, but what kind he didn't know. "I need a sit-rep from anybody who can spare a second!" He desperately hoped that somebody would respond. This wasn't what it was supposed to be like! This was supposed to be an easy patrol! His breathing became erratic and he rolled himself inside the doorway just before a las-bolt took his leg off. Options, what options do I have? He keyed the radio again. "HQ to RTO, do you have eyes on anything out there?" Another quick switch of the radio, "Tacitus, we are under fire by a force of unknown composition. We need you near foxtrot ASAP. No arguing, just do it!" He bellowed out to the rest of his squad. "Get inside!"

OOC: Well that wasn't the sort of force I was expecting to run in to. In hindsight I should have sent squad 2 to foxtrot instead of having them go up into the woods so soon.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2011, 01:50:06 pm »

Wulfric stood his ground, and returned fire towards the enemy as he screamed " ATTACK !!!!!!! SHOW THEM NO MERCY !!!!!!!! GRENADE LAUNCHERS FOCUS FIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ENEMY GROUP !!!!!!!!!!!!! " bullets flew around him as he stood there holding his ground against the rebels. His men began firing upon recieveing the order.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:16:32 pm by adwarf »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2011, 02:05:06 pm »

Character Name: Arghun Ezekiel
Squad: 2
Formation: squads formation
Stance: according to commander
Action: incinerate hostiles.

"vile traitors" he spat out between closed teeth looking at his officer
before raising his melta.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:01 pm »

OOC: Well that wasn't the sort of force I was expecting to run in to. In hindsight I should have sent squad 2 to foxtrot instead of having them go up into the woods so soon.

It probably looks scarier than it is! These citizen militia will probably run at the first sign of blood. The PDF covering them are a little trickier though and are much better armed, as Weapons Squad can attest to. You squad was actually pretty lucky that it avoided that mine as they can be pretty nasty. And that you were prepared in a combat stance. That halved the number of hits on you.

Wulfric stood his ground, and returned fire towards the enemy as he screamed " ATTACK !!!!!!! SHOW THEM NO MERCY !!!!!!!! GRENADE LAUNCHERS FOCUS FIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ENEMY GROUP !!!!!!!!!!!!! " bullets flew around him as he stood there holding his ground against the rebels. His men began firing upon recieveing the order, and two men pushed forward to pull Wulfric, and the wounded soldier back to the woods were they had atleast some cover.

Just to be clear, you have 2 privates out in the field, 1 suppressed and 1 wounded that would need to be pulled back. Sgt. Wulfric is pinned at the tree line. You currently have 3 soldiers who could potentially move to pull soldiers back, 2 grenadiers and 1 private who you left to tend the soldier who died in the trap. It may be best to leave them a while until you can suppress the enemy or get them to retreat, lest you suffer more casualties.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2011, 02:16:51 pm »

What are you talking about I see no such order  ;D

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2011, 02:20:42 pm »

What are you talking about I see no such order  ;D

The warp must be playing tricks on my eyes!  :o

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2011, 02:34:25 pm »

he rewrothe his post a minute after you said that it seems.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2011, 02:35:18 pm »

Character name: Carnus Tacitus
Squad 2
Formation: Hexagon-laz guns front and rear, grenade launchers on left and right flanks, melta+radioman inside. 10 ft distance.
Stance:  Charge
Action: Move in as close as possible to attack the nearest enemies, fire at will
-------------------------------
"Bullshit." Carnus swore aloud. I told them not to get to far ahead of me...he surveyed the clearing ahead. It was almost certainly trapped. He would have done it if he was setting this place up. Nothing to do about that now...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2011, 02:37:50 pm »

Character name: Carnus Tacitus
Squad 2
Formation: Hexagon-laz guns front and rear, grenade launchers on left and right flanks, melta+radioman inside. 10 ft distance.
Stance:  Charge
Action: Move in as close as possible to attack the nearest enemies, fire at will
-------------------------------
"Bullshit." Carnus swore aloud. I told them not to get to far ahead of me...he surveyed the clearing ahead. It was almost certainly trapped. He would have done it if he was setting this place up. Nothing to do about that now...

Blindfire is also an option, it'll reduce the amount of fire you can throw by about half, but it'll allow you to stay in cover.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2011, 02:38:57 pm »

Is the melta in range yet?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2011, 02:40:28 pm »

Is the melta in range yet?

Yeah, it should be close enough! Combat stance allows you to move a couple inches without losing firing ability.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23