Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20760 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Charge!..?! T3
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2011, 10:27:02 am »

Character Name: Lemartes
Squad: HQ
Formation: Skirmish line with at least 5 feet between each other.
Stance: Patrol
Action: Continue towards foxtrot.
----------------
Hearing the gunfire erupt from the road Lemartes started towards a radio operator, fully intent on chewing out the person responsible. Suddenly the gunfire went silent and he was left in the unenviable position of chewing someone out on the field, or dropping it and possibly having his authority on the matter reduced later. With a foul curse he turned and motioned the rest of his squad forward. They advanced in silence through the light underbrush of the forest section they were traveling through.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2011, 03:58:28 pm »

Okay, still waiting on Squad 3 and a couple support guys so I will process this turn tomorrow afternoon/evening. Luckily we have  nice platoon plan drawn up by the Lt. in case players miss a turn I can put them on auto-pilot.

Apologies if you're finding the first few turns tedious, promise it will pick up soon!:)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2011, 05:31:08 pm »

Tedious? Nah, we're doing this with realism. I could just charge my guys down through the center, yelling "BONES FOR THE BONE THRONE!", but then we would all die :P

Even if it's a bit slower paced, that's no problem for me.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2011, 06:20:34 pm »

Character name: Carneas
Squad: 3
Formation: Moving in line
Action: Carry on moving towards the next paddy.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:29 am »

Character Name: Jerrik Lisk

Squad: Forward Observers
 FO Sgt. Jerrik Lisk
 Radio Private Curtis Sil

Formation: none

Stance: patrol
Action: Stay with Lemartes and wait for any Orders he mgith give us

FREKKIN BASTARDS! Lisks Voice echoed through the woods propably giving away the position of the squad.

Sir? Shall i cover the huts in artillery?

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2011, 11:48:37 am »

Lemartes turned sharply at the sound of Lisk's voice rolling out. "Be quiet you frakking moron! Do you want to alert the entire village to our position?" he hissed. "And no, we won't be calling in the artillery yet. We still have the chance of getting through this village without causing any more permanent damage. Set up position on the edge of the woods just south-east of foxtrot, by the road, and get artillery range on Alpha and Bravo. No fire until I call for it, got it? If you're bored you can get me ranges to each of the huts at those objectives so I can level specific locations if need be." He turned and started moving forward towards Foxtrot again. His voice came floating back over his shoulder, "Now get going, and for the Emperor's sake keep quiet."
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2011, 02:00:24 pm »

Turn 3 Results

14:39 Earth Standard

Weapons Squad, having dispatched the unknown man, moved forward again. Once more another shot rings out from the Northeast ((This sniper really needs more training)), but once more no one was able to spot the starting point of the sniper.

As HQ gave orders for Sgt. Lisk and his RTO to detach, they edged themselves to the edge of the woods in from of objective Foxtrot. They could be occupying their new HQ in less than a minute now. (Roll: ?) The platoon Sergeant glances over at Lt. Arnam, "Did you hear that?"

On their right flank Squad Two makes progress through the thick woods. (Roll: ?) Was that a branch snapping? Behind you perhaps? It's hard to tell with the intermittent gunfire and shouts, not to mention the boots of your own troops.

Squad 3 makes it way to the next swamp rice paddy, boots now sufficiently soaked. (Roll: ?) This one pretty empty too.

Squad 1 continues to make good progress, now outdistancing the other squads. As they begin to clear the tree line before reaching Bravo,(Roll: 2,7 = 1 pass, 1 fail) Sgt. Wulfric narrowly avoids stepping on a sharpened stake before being distracted by a bone-crunching snap behind him followed by the screams of one of the privates. “My leg!” he shouts. It seems he's stepped in a crude bear-trap-like device, with large down-turned nails to keep the soldier firmly in place. The wound is bleeding profusely and something might be broken. The man beside him quickly yells “Medic!” at the top of his lungs. He is seriously wounded and needs attention.

((The injured trooper will need medical attention to stabilize his wound. Every turn he doesn't receive attention there will be a chance that the soldier will die. Injured troops can be carried at half speed by 1 man, or full speed by 2. You can carry the man back yourself, or if you can get to a radio, or send a man to get a radio you can request the LT. To send for a med-evac.))

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - "MEDIC!" T4
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2011, 02:10:17 pm »

I'm wondering whether I should purge the weak right now to avoid being slowed down...

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2011, 02:12:44 pm »

im wondering if thismelta can start an forest fire ...
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2011, 02:21:50 pm »

I'm wondering whether I should purge the weak right now to avoid being slowed down...

Well as resident commisar you're free to go purging as you see fit. But keep in mind your character wouldn't know much about what is happening to Squad 1 other than someone called for a medic. You're free to detach to run over and investigate if you like though!

im wondering if thismelta can start an forest fire ...

Well I don't have any rules on forest fires per-say, but I'm sure I can 'cook' something up if it happens. At this point there would be little reason to intentionally starting a fire and I would expect both your squad leader and the Lt. to be rather cross if you started burning the forest that you're currently walking through. :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2011, 02:40:07 pm »

Character Name: Wulfric
Squad: 1
Formation: Arrow ( With the GLs on the inside of the formation )
Action: Continue to next objective

Wulfric turned around, and pointed at the man who yelled medic, and " You stay here with him until a medic arrives we need to keep moving. " after that Wulfric turned to the wounded private, and said " Don't die on me soldier you just got on this squad, and I don't need your death on my record. " with that Wulfric turned, and lead his men to the next objective tellins his remaining men " I wnat you to surrond the village up ahead stay in the woods, and surrond it as best you can. First I want two of you to scan the paddies behind the forest so we don't get ambushed once thats done go back to your positions, and wait for further orders. Now lets go."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:31:35 pm by adwarf »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2011, 02:46:32 pm »

Character name: Adeon Loken
Squad: Weapons Squad
Formation: Spread out. A privates with lazguns should be at the ends of both flanks, followed by Stubbers, then officers.
ie: P-S-C-A-S-P
P = Private
S = Stubber
C = Corporal
A = Adeon
Action:
- Move to Sierra.
-- Take cover under the trees/bushes, as far north as possible.
--- Establish lines of fire in case allied squads encounter the enemy.

RP: Can't think of anything right now.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2011, 02:49:15 pm »

Character Name: C. C. Seneca Hostilian
Squad: Weapons Squad
Formation: V Formation
Action: Continue down through the bottom/left side of the road. Through the treeline, and stop at the huts.

"...♬Heresy, Heresy!
Loyalty and truth is all I care to see!
Who can ask for more than doing service for our lord-
-Killing folks with a power sword!♬..."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:56:01 pm by Phantom »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2011, 02:54:39 pm »

Squad: The one I'm in?

Weapons Squad :)

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2011, 04:25:13 pm »

Character name: Carneas
Squad: 3
Formation: Moving in line
Action: -Move along the perimeter of next paddy
-Send grenadier and medic to assist squad 1

Carneas sank his bayonet into the mucky paddy for the last time, by now feeling that not even the rebels would be able to set up a trap in such an awful environment. He was in the middle of climbing out of the damn thing when he heard the yell for "Medic!" some feet to the northwest. "Men, we'll circumvent the next paddy. Keep close to the edge, shoot down anything that moves. Private Henselt!" He shouted back to one of the grenadiers, just out of the muck. "You and Corporal Yarpen are to detach from the squad and head towards Squad 1's current position. Offer medical assistance, then return to the squad.  We'll be along the edge of that damn bog. Emperor's speed."

(Henselt is the grenadier, while Yarpen is the medic. I'm going with the assumption that, if my men can hear me well enough at the end of the line, I can also hear a shout for help from someone closer in distance to me than some of my squad mates :p)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23