Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20722 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (Warhammer 40k meets Vietnam) - Roster Up!
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 06:28:05 am »

can i still join? If yes , can i lead the Basilisks?

If Yes

Name: Jerrik "Basil" Lisk
Personality: Jerrik like most people who served long in Artillery or Weapon Squads is loud, swears a lot, has a morbid kind of humor and is ill-disciplined. However he is loyal and tries to come to good terms with everybody of his company although this can sometimes be quite unnerving...

Bio: Jerrik has served in several Campaigns all over empire space and claims to "have fired a shell on every emperor damned Alien or bastard Heretic that creeps the Galaxy". For Artillerist standards he is fairly old and retained a surprisingly good hearing
Apply for Platoon Lead: Y

Preferably Basilisks otherwise Weapons Squad

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (Warhammer 40k meets Vietnam) - Roster Up!
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 10:38:53 am »

@adwarf

The amount of support you have is based on the scenario you're undertaking. If heavier resistance is expected than HQ will attach more off-board arty support. However if things get rough there's always some sort of asset that can be called in to lend a hand.

@Ghazkull

The Basilisks are going to be off-board most of the time, I could set you up with a Forward Observer group if you like though. Otherwise I'll keep you on the support list for replacements.

Briefing:

Alright! Listen up!

As you know we've arrived on world and are making good progress North. Our advanced units are in need of supply more and more everyday and we need your platoon to go sort it out and make sure the main road through this area is clear so our convoys can move through. Mark all mines found on the road.

Your Squad will be entering from the south (right) side of the map.

We doubt there will be much resistance other than a few booby traps but keep your eyes open. The road makes it's way through several villages where there is believed to be militia and pdf presence. We have reports of civilians in the nearby hamlet dubbed Alpha Bravo 34. It's flanked on the East by a dense forest on a hill, expect that to be rough going and a perfect sniper location.

On the West side are the villages numerous Swamp Rice paddies. The edge of the banks can conceal attackers, so again be careful.

Support wise we have a battery of basilisks hanging back as well as a pair of mortars in case you guys need extra firepower. Also Commisar Corran has deemed that your platoon will have a promising cadet attached. Keep in mind that just because he is a cadet, does not mean he will not complete his duty if he believes your morale is faltering. Watch your back...

Terrain.

Huts: There are a number of huts in the area, they will provide some cover for anyone using them.

Dense Forest: Move at ¼ speed. 3” visibility no vehicles (Walkers excluded) light cover

Light Forest: move at ½ speed. 9” visibility, light cover

Swamp Rice Paddie: ½ speed, edge of swamps provide concealment, light cover

I'll give you guys until tomorrow to think up a plan including your entry point for each squad and formations.

- Platoon Leader will have final say on deployment. You are also free to attach and detach men from all squads as you see fit.

Questions?

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

- There may be civvies operating in the area so be careful. Though it might be local militia trying to blend in with the crowd.
- HQ wants us to avoid any unnecessary damage to the people and the nearby village.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:11:25 pm by Knave »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (Warhammer 40k meets 'Nam) - Briefing time!
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 02:47:04 pm »

Well forward Observers would be awesome. I guess that the Platoon leader would stay with the basilisks and the Observer group would consist of other guys...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 02:56:41 pm »

HQ Squad - Stay back, and wait for an opening
Squad 1 - Move up the out in the open to draw out the rebels
Squad 2 - Advance through the Dense Forest, and Hills to discover any snipers, and to be in postion for a pincer attack if things int eh road get to rough
Squad 3 - Follow a little ways behind squad 1 to help with any hostiles that appear
Squad 4 - Head through the Swamp Rice Paddies to discover any rebels there, and to be position for a pincer attack
Squad 5 - Wait for Squads 1, and 2 to get a little ways ahead then follow behind them hiding in the hamlets, and light forests to allow for a suprise attack against any rebels that might appear

And that is my plan sound good?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 03:02:45 pm »

@ Ghazkull - Yes, I'll give you control of a Sgt. Forward Observer and his radio man for now attached to the platoon. This will give Lt. Arnam more time to focus on leading the men. FO's get a bonus to spotting rounds, so less fall on your heads!

@Adwarf - This is a good start to a battle plan. Squads should also state what formation they'll be in (Column, line, diamond, something else entirely) And there is no squad 5. Squad 4(Weapons Squad) Is more of a support element with it's Squad Automatic Stubbers.

I should also state the main objective is not to go kill rebels but to ensure that the road is clear from traps and surprises.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:07:26 pm by Knave »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 03:23:19 pm »

Squad 2 - Advance through the Dense Forest, and Hills to discover any snipers, and to be in postion for a pincer attack if things int

-Carnus is leading Squad 2-

Carnus took another drink from his mug. He wonderered if they would be polite enough to properly kill him this time.

"All right... Squad 2 can take that. Searching for rats through that rough, we'll be moving as slow as shit. You guys would have to make sure you don't get too far ahead of us. Also, I'd rather have squad 5 search with us-we could use the extra men to sweep up and down the hills, 'specially if we run into trouble.

Anyway, we'll see if command agrees, or if they decide to "improve" your plan... "
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:26:13 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 03:45:59 pm »

Okay, I believe I'll be off for the evening! Please feel free to post questions.

I hope that the planning will be done by tomorrow afternoon/evening and then we can get started on turn 1!

A few things to leave on:

- The more detail in the plan the better! It's easier to coordinate what your squad's duties are before the blaster fire starts flying. Especially if your squad doesn't have a Radio man.

- Feel free to mark terrain features with call signs for easier tracking by your support assets.

- There is still no squad 5. :D

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 04:15:58 pm »

We'll my first suggestion is for squad 2 to clear the hills, with maybe 2-3 extra soldiers. Position on the high ground is very important.
Also, if anyone trouble visualizing a basilisk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bang bang!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:28:49 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 04:48:16 pm »

This plan is meant to draw all the rebels fire at my squad, and squad three since we have a medic, and 4 grenade launchers we have the upperhand in fire power as well as having back up on both sides to help prevent snipers, adn ambushes. If I am right this plan should minimize risks as well as casualties since all troops have some form of backup.

Squad 5 Revised plan - Split your group in two, and procede down te main road keeping your two seperate groups as close to the rice paddies, and the hills as possible, so that all squads will have the advantage of support from another at all times.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 04:49:46 pm »

May the Cadet Commissar be attached to Squad 5? An extra man is always good, and should Squad 5 break morale...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 04:51:22 pm »

May the Cadet Commissar be attached to Squad 5? An extra man is always good, and should Squad 5 break morale...
They have Phantom's character to kick them in their crotches.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 04:54:57 pm »

And BLAM the traitors on his own!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 04:57:43 pm »

There is no squad 5! D:

Here's the list...

Headquarters Squad-radio/medic
1st Squad-lasguns/grenades
2nd Squad-lasguns/grenades/radio
3rd Squad-lasguns/grenades/medic
Weapons Squad-Meltas/Stubbers

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 05:01:04 pm »

I'll be helping 2nd Squad, then, those Vox Operators need all the protection they can get to call in the Basilisks effectively.

((EARTHSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAKERS!))

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 05:11:55 pm »

Posting to watch.

How reliable is equipment going to be? I know Assault Rifles and MGs in 'Nam weren't the most reliable of guns.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23