Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20714 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (Warhammer 40k meets Vietnam) - Sign-ups!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 01:42:45 pm »

Name: Lemartes Arnam
Personality: Nervous, but decisive. Is scared to death of dying.
Bio: Lemartes was born into a noble family, but had the unfortunate pleasure of being the middle boy. As such he was expected to join the officers of the Imperial Guard. While initially hating the responsibilities he has recently come to realize that he needs to make the best of his situation if he wants to survive in this hellish universe.
Apply for Platoon Lead: yes, though his personality means he may end up cracking under pressure (ie my schedule gets too crazy for participating in depth)

My activity will be severely cut down on the weekends as I tend to be away from my computer a lot during that time. Especially Sundays as I'm frequently out of the house for the entire day. This is balanced by normally being able to post very frequently during the weekdays.

(hrm. I hope i get in as it appears Ahra beat me to the post button)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 01:46:08 pm »

I will be hardly able to post today due to the fact that Front Mission Evolved (Xbox 360) is addicting

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 01:51:00 pm »

"Warning - while you were checking the name generator website two new characters have been posted"

Anyway, I see this has a lot of interest, so I'll gladly let someone else take my place. After all, everything I know from the 40k universe is from Dawn of War   ;D
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 01:59:49 pm »

"Warning - while you were checking the name generator website two new characters have been posted"

Anyway, I see this has a lot of interest, so I'll gladly let someone else take my place. After all, everything I know from the 40k universe is from Dawn of War   ;D

Well you did post interest first, so it's up to you! I'll let you take a supporting role later on if you'd prefer, but a squad is available for those who "pre-ordered" :)

I will be hardly able to post today due to the fact that Front Mission Evolved (Xbox 360) is addicting

Don't worry, we've all been there! I doubt this will get underway tonight anyways. Maybe Squad assignments. But I'm probably getting ahead of myself!

Name: Lemartes Arnam
Personality: Nervous, but decisive. Is scared to death of dying.
Bio: Lemartes was born into a noble family, but had the unfortunate pleasure of being the middle boy. As such he was expected to join the officers of the Imperial Guard. While initially hating the responsibilities he has recently come to realize that he needs to make the best of his situation if he wants to survive in this hellish universe.
Apply for Platoon Lead: yes, though his personality means he may end up cracking under pressure (ie my schedule gets too crazy for participating in depth)

My activity will be severely cut down on the weekends as I tend to be away from my computer a lot during that time. Especially Sundays as I'm frequently out of the house for the entire day. This is balanced by normally being able to post very frequently during the weekdays.

(hrm. I hope i get in as it appears Ahra beat me to the post button)

Good to see someone is willing to try for platoon lead, I was worried I scared everyone off! :)

EDIT: added a small blurb on enemy forces in the area.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:03:07 pm by Knave »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 02:48:15 pm »

Well you did post interest first, so it's up to you! I'll let you take a supporting role later on if you'd prefer, but a squad is available for those who "pre-ordered" :)

I'll watch, might join in as support if there's an opportunity.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 02:52:20 pm »

Name: Adeon Loken
Personality: Adeon is a rarity in the Imperial Guard. Optimistic, bright-eyed and naive, Adeon believes that the Emperor's will cannot be stopped, and that in the end everything will turn out okay. He's quick to show anyone (whether they want to or not) pictures of his girlfriend, and tells them how he'll marry her when he returns from the Imperial Guard.

Most of the other troopers give him a wide berth.

Bio: Adeon is far too bright-eyed and naive to have a complicated back story. He grew up in a quiet farming planet in the Segmentum Pacificus (Yes, they do exist). Besides having a girlfriend, nothing else of note happened to him. Officially, Adeon became part of the 4th Darryiel Guard due to a bureaucratic error. Unofficially, the commander of the Guard had some gambling debts to pay off.
Apply for Platoon Lead: N

Is this good?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:02:23 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 02:55:00 pm »

I'll watch, might join in as support if there's an opportunity.

Okay! I'll keep you in mind!

Personality: Adeon is a rarity in the Imperial Guard. Optimistic, bright-eyed and naive, Adeon believes that the Emperor's will cannot be stopped, and that in the end everything will turn out okay. He's quick to show anyone (whether they want to or not) pictures of his girlfriend, and tells them how he'll marry her when he returns from the Imperial Guard.

Bio: Adeon is far too bright-eyed and naive to have a complicated back story. He grew up in a quiet farming planet in the Segmentum Pacificus (Yes, they do exist). Besides having a girlfriend, nothing else of note happened to him.

Is this good?

Yep! Might have to explain how he ended up in a hiveworld division (bureaucracy error? :P) But otherwise it's great!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 02:59:01 pm »

Bio: Adeon is far too bright-eyed and naive to have a complicated back story. He grew up in a quiet farming planet in the Segmentum Pacificus (Yes, they do exist). Besides having a girlfriend, nothing else of note happened to him.

Is this good?

Yep! Might have to explain how he ended up in a hiveworld division (bureaucracy error? :P) But otherwise it's great!

I imagine that the division was tricked into taking him, as everyone in the guard seems genre-savvy enough to realize what a giant target he is.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 03:14:17 pm »

He will be an interesting NCO!

in other news:

Here be the composition of 1st Platoon, "C"harlie Company.

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 04:28:58 pm »

Name: Carneas Rook (true surname: Daramis)
Personality: Carneas is a taciturn man, whose every interaction with others seems awkward and strained despite his polite words, as if he is forcing himself to speak with his fellows. He prefers to revert to military formalities whenever possible. Some have joked that he's married to his gear, as he strives to keep it impeccably maintained, even in the most trying circumstances. When in combat, however, he can be courageous to the point of recklessness, as if trying to prove himself to his companions.
Bio: Carneas' father was drafted into the 4th Darryiel when he was a young lad. Despite missing him sorely, he actually took pride in the fact his father was serving the Emperor in the best possible way. That is, until news came of a mutiny inside the regiment. The planet's pic-casts displayed the execution of the mutineers' leader, his father. From that day on, he became ashamed of showing himself before those closest to him, the ones who knew the relationship between him and the traitor. Once he became of age to join the guard, he adopted the surname "Rook" as a way to distance himself from his parentage, and strove to become the finest soldier the regiment had ever seen.
Apply for platoon lead: No, there are better candidates. :p

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 04:31:04 pm »

Question: May I be a Commissar Cadet?

Question 2: Err, wouldn't something vaguely Catachan be more fitting for this setting?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 04:36:50 pm »

May I take Squad 1 as my unit?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 04:52:30 pm »

Question: May I be a Commissar Cadet?

Question 2: Err, wouldn't something vaguely Catachan be more fitting for this setting?

1) I'll put you down on the list in waiting. If the platoon suffers from 'discipline' issues (or just for fun in a future mission) I'll add you in to ensure morale is high! (Will make for fun situations)

2) I'll be using catachan figures as the OpFor, representing the Viet Cong.

May I take Squad 1 as my unit?

I was going to randomly assign squads, but if the other players don't have anything against it...

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 05:03:34 pm »

I'll take Platoon HQ since I seem to be the only officer candidate at this point... I don't have any arguments against choosing squads.

I'm willing to take Knave on as a commissar in the command unit if you want to add him in now. Of course he'll have to pretty much stay out of the chain of command or he might be asked nervously to mind his own business eronsecondthoughtmaybenotpleasedon'tshootmecommissarsir....

But in seriousness since he doesn't have any command rights per se having him act as an independent character wouldn't complicate things too much I think.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 05:05:30 pm »

I'd say no Imperial Guard platoon is complete without the bloke in the funny hat. :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23