Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20737 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - SNAFU T5
« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2011, 12:43:40 am »

Hey all, I'm going to be out of town for a few days with no access to cell coverage or internet. This sucks for games, but is great for escaping from the work e-mails. In any case, I'll do my best to get on and post on Saturday in the evening (PST). Failing that I'll definitely do it on Sunday.

For now, my squad will focus on holing up in the foxtrot shack, and creating a command center. Medic should grab the wounded and try to drag him behind the shack to provide cover while he's working on the wounds.

Other than that standing orders are to engage and try to minimize losses. I'm going to assume someone is going to notify me of the stiffer resistance of the PDF troopers and as such I'll be asking the artillery squad to focus on them. See you all in a few days!
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2011, 05:42:21 am »

Commanders AWOL! We're all gonna die! D:
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2011, 11:16:53 am »

Have a good trip!

I'll be posting today's turn sometime this afternoon!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2011, 12:59:15 pm »

Character Name: Jerrik Lisk

Squad: Forward Observers
 FO Sgt. Jerrik Lisk
 Radio Private Curtis Sil

Formation: none

Stance: patrol
Action: Stay in the foliage and send artillery on the orange squad aswell as the southern green squad preferably Napalm or something which is horribly morale breaking....

WENDIGO COME IN! WENDIGO COME IN! EMPEROR BE DAMNED JIRTS IF YOURE NOT ON YOUR FUCKING POSITION I WILL FIRE YOUR HEAD ON THE ENEMIES IF I SURVIVE THIS! I WANT FLAMING SHIT ON POSITION BETA-TWO-ONE AND DELTA-TWO-THREE I REPEAT FLAMING SHIT ON POSITION BETA-TWO-ONE AND DELTA-TWO-THREE!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2011, 02:37:43 pm »

Character Name: Jerrik Lisk

Squad: Forward Observers
 FO Sgt. Jerrik Lisk
 Radio Private Curtis Sil

Formation: none

Stance: patrol
Action: Stay in the foliage and send artillery on the orange squad aswell as the southern green squad preferably Napalm or something which is horribly morale breaking....

WENDIGO COME IN! WENDIGO COME IN! EMPEROR BE DAMNED JIRTS IF YOURE NOT ON YOUR FUCKING POSITION I WILL FIRE YOUR HEAD ON THE ENEMIES IF I SURVIVE THIS! I WANT FLAMING SHIT ON POSITION BETA-TWO-ONE AND DELTA-TWO-THREE I REPEAT FLAMING SHIT ON POSITION BETA-TWO-ONE AND DELTA-TWO-THREE!

'

Will you be calling a spotting round? Or would you like them to drop wildfire?

Spotting round will give you a more accurate barrage, but it'll take a turn for the spot to show and then next turn the fire works will show up.

Wildfire shows up on the first turn, but has a much greater chance to miss target.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2011, 08:24:01 pm »

Given the panic he is exhibiting, I'd say wildfire is coming :)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2011, 07:02:25 am »

gmm i forgot the ASAP to signalize now...yes Wildfire...collateral damage is what makes the imperial army great...XD

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2011, 08:53:18 am »

Out of curiosity, how many people that are not playing an active role in this game have voted in the poll? :p

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2011, 11:08:37 am »

Turn 5 Results

14:41 Earth Standard

As battle is joined, most of the platoon form up and find what cover they can, hoping to save their brothers in the line of fire.

Squad 2 and Sgt. Tacitus line up and open fire on the newly found enemy. Ezekiel relishes the moment as he lets hot death fly with his melta gun. The thick jungle prevents them from really seeing their target, but they do notice a slight decrease in the amount of fire coming from the North.

HQ Squad is in a dire place at the moment, The medic sprints to grab the wounded radioman and pulls him behind the shack to try and save his life. (Roll: 4) It will take 4 minutes to stabilize the soldier, who (Roll: 5) is still coherent, but obviously in a lot of pain.

Inside The platoon Sergeant and the other radioman add their lasgun fire to that of Squad 2's while Lt. Arnam speaks on the radio to try and rally his men.

Leader under fire: d6+1
Sgt Tacitus: 4+1 = 5
Gunner Ezekiel : 3+1 = 4

Fire results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the left flank, 1st and third squads form up and do their best to pour fire onto the unknown assailants in front of them. The enemy returns fire, but you can tell the results are devastating, you hear several wounded cries and the fire from the bushes ceases.

(roll: ?) The medic and grenadier, seeing several wounded in Weapons squad dash off to go assist them instead.

Leader under fire: d6+1
Sgt. Carneas: 5+1 = 6

Fire Results:

By the road, Weapons Squad has little luck in their attempt to return fire, as most of the squad is too busy trying to find whatever cover they can. Luckily they are more prepared for an attack now and they can take advantage of the terrain. Unfortunately, several shots hit their mark.

Fire Results:

As the firefight continues, Sgt. Lisk calls down wildfire on the heads of the PDF troops.
“ This is Wendigo, copy. Fire for effect, coordinates Beta Two-One. Hold onto your hats boys and girls.”
 (Roll: 2 = fail) The rounds is off by quite a bit, landing too far North, in the middle of the village. The giant basilisk rounds make short work of the frail wooden huts, sending splinters everywhere.

((Wow, another very bloody round! I think I may reduce the lethality of weapons in general.))

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - OPEN FIRE! T6
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2011, 11:13:31 am »

Nah, High lethality will have a rapid turnover and lots of fun wounds. Maybe give a bit better of a chance to survive from wounded though.

(By survive, I mean actually live, not be combat effective.)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2011, 11:22:56 am »

so ... liutenant are we going to send more red hot kisses of death on them or check in what shape they are?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - "MEDIC!" T4
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2011, 11:27:14 am »

The sounds of fire were increasing all over the battlefield. Carnus was agitated. He didn't like knowing if he was hitting anything or not.

"HQ Squad, report-whats the current status of your hostiles?"

OOC: Lethality is good though, I say keep it in as is :3

Okay, It's clear squad 2 has to push those guys off their hill and take the position. Can I get a quick update Knave, where someone from HQ squad peeks their head out and tells me if they see if we did any damage?

Edit: Also, I'm considering a sort of "bayonet charge"-how does this work in game terms? lol
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:29:12 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2011, 12:03:44 pm »

Carnus waited a moment and then received a rather panicked reply over the main radio from HQ's RTO, "Shit! They got the Sarge... I think you may got one, and they seem to be- Shit! They seem to keeping their heads down... I dunno man..."

((Close combat basically works like another round of combat for figures that are within 3" of each other. Pinned figures work at a reduction, and suppressed won't fight back. It can be deadly for both sides, but extra valorous for those who do it!))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - "MEDIC!" T4
« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2011, 03:03:23 pm »

Character name: Carnus Tacitus
Squad 2
Formation: Line, radioman behind
Stance:Combat, blind fire toward rebels
Action: Keep up the rate of fire
-------------------------------
Carnus scowled. He had to hope the increased fire would have an effect, eventually...

"Keep firing, and get your blades out..."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2011, 03:10:41 pm »

Character Name: Arghun Ezekiel
Squad: 2
Formation: squads formation
Stance: according to commander
Action: incinerate hostiles.

WARNING, GOING FLAMIN´ CRAZY
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23