Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: workshop raws  (Read 547 times)

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
workshop raws
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:02:46 pm »

where are the raw files for non custom workshops like the masons shop?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: workshop raws
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 04:16:39 pm »

I believe that they are hardcoded.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:59:47 pm »

my goal is a workshop that gives free stone blocks with little or no delay and that allows me to choose what type of stone so i can make cool color patterns

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:04:47 am »

tips:
     - don't link it to a skill, then it will be instant.
     - don't have a reagent, just a product, e.g:

[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]

Search the raws for the names of other inorganic materials to use here

I'd suggest downloading or looking on the wiki for custom workshops. You can also just make some simple reactions and have them work at existing workshops. There's a list of allowed buildings in the "reactions" area of thw wiki, under "buildings" sub heading i think. You can use an existing building to prototypes stuff.

When starting a new workshop, I base them off existing custom workshops. Gotta learn to decorate them :(

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 06:58:53 pm »

sadly i looked at the wiki and every tutorial i can find however when i make the changes they never work.  the game acts as though i changed nothing, even with a new world gen.

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 08:42:16 pm »

You have to add the reaction to the entity file for your civ as well. Just take a look at the tokens already there and you should get the idea of how to do that.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 08:46:17 pm »

Test your reactions by replacing useless smelter reactions with your new ones. This does not require a regen. You can then make a new workshop, change entities and all that good stuff after you've debugged them.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »

whats a token? and how do i edit the reactions for an entire civ?

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 11:17:13 pm »

A token is anything in [] brackets. Like a tag in html. Everything you mod is tokens basically.

you have to add a line into the entity_default.txt entry for the civ like so:

[PERMITTED_REACTION:DO_SOMETHING]

For each new reaction you create. (DO_SOMETHING becomes whatever name you make up). The wiki contains a lot of good information for modding. Also, it's worthwhile looking through Modders Workshop or other threads in this forum to see what's been done before.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:18:53 pm by Reelyanoob »