Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I messed around with the raws a teensy bit...  (Read 1184 times)

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I messed around with the raws a teensy bit...
« on: June 05, 2011, 12:44:20 am »

...and this shows up with the latest batch of migrants.

All of her labors seem to be toggleable. I'm thinking I should keep her around and turn her into the Morul Cattenmat of her race. Since she could possibly live for another 500 years, advancing every skill to legendary is certainly possible...

She has no material prefs, so I may elect her as my Mayor.

Does anybody else have any ideas?

Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: So I messed around with the raws a teensy bit...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:48:18 am »

There was one instance of a FB being a migrant.  The source seems to be that many migrants are actually pulled from the civ itself, not simply a number.  It would be possible to understand "this dwarven civ has 1,000 people, so generate 5 random migrants and leave the civ with 995."  But instead, most, if not all, migrants have existed before your fort, and are pulled straight from the civ itself.  Civs allow some migration, so rarely you get perfectly legit migrants of a different species, which were integrated into your civ (see Cacame).  This is very closely related to the infamous "Demon diplomat" that humans are prone to use.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 01:00:08 am »

What'd you change? And also, it's Morul time. DO EET
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 01:08:13 am »

Pfft, intelligent Gremlins?
I use enslaved troglodytes.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 01:13:44 am »

I gave dwarves [USE_ANY_PET_RACE]. This enabled gremlins in the Pets menu (both on embark and via the liaison), but I haven't requested any as of yet.

Even though all the labors are active, she's just wandering around like livestock with the job of "Tame". I don't think I'll be able to go the Morul route.

I checked to see if she was butcherable... Nope. (I also changed dorf ethics to allow for the butchering of sentients.)

(Only in DF... "Can we get her to haul clay?" "No." "Can we eat her?" "No." "Then what good is she?")
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*