Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New to raw editing, or "I want to be a draconic terror"  (Read 966 times)

Zakoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New to raw editing, or "I want to be a draconic terror"
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:07:43 am »

Greetings all, after trying to add the indiv_controllable token to a the green dragon raw in the Genesis mod, I found I still could not control them as an outsider. Could someone please help me out and tell me what I actually need to do to get this working? I have revenge to exact on a certain colony of brook-trolls.

Thanks in advance for any help!

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New to raw editing, or "I want to be a draconic terror"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 10:14:34 am »

You need to create a new entity definition in the entities file, with [CREATURE:DRAGON_GREEN] or whatever, and the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag. However, you won't be able to spew the poisonous gas that the npc dragons can. Also, you won't be able to hold things, and probably be incapable of opening doors too. I don't even know if wyverns can learn. Oh and you'll probably have to regen the world.

Zakoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:20:14 am »

That's woefully unfortunate. I'm imagining there's no way to make a forgotten beast or a titan individually controllable either?

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:35:49 am »

That's woefully unfortunate. I'm imagining there's no way to make a forgotten beast or a titan individually controllable either?

FB's and Titans are Procedurally Generated
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 12:27:45 pm »

FB's and Titans are Procedurally Generated
Although they all have names like [TITAN_1], IIRC.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 12:47:29 pm »

Indeed. That makes playing them in adventure mode quite possible, if you create an entity for adventure mode (it won't work to create civilizations of them, though).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 12:52:28 pm »

Indeed. That makes playing them in adventure mode quite possible, if you create an entity for adventure mode (it won't work to create civilizations of them, though).

Better yet: if you want a REAL randomly generated adventurer, it seems that certain titan/FB/demon numbers yield creatures that are almost always humanoid. For example, from my testing, DEMON_7 is always twisted into humanoid form. Finding out which ones these will let you have all of the advantages of a humanoid adventurer, with all of the advantages of a random creature.