Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elves starting weapons suck.  (Read 1045 times)

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elves starting weapons suck.
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:30:58 am »

That is all.

Greyejoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves starting weapons suck.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 09:33:26 am »

That's why you find some weak bandit with better weapons than you and beat him in the skull with your wood until he dies. Then you have a nice metal weapon combined with natural Elvish speed and agility.
If you had necromancy powers, this would be a pretty solid way to prank people.
A creepy old man runs up to you and suddenly the skin in your backpack tries to kill you? High Octane Nightmare Fuel much.

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 09:54:54 am »

Yes, i assaulted a dwarf bandit camp of 18. Ran for the swordsman, caved hes skull in with my leg, and slaughtered the others. But the starting weapons DO NOTHING. My fist is more effective than a Oaken battle axe.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:58:57 am »

Stealing others' weapons is half the fun anyway. But this is why elves would all die out in world gen if not for their numbers. Unless the weapons available to civs aren't taken into account.

Are they?
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 11:17:26 am »

I wonder if elfs not trying to attack the feared camel has anything to do with it
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 11:30:12 am »

Just buy some better weapons. Most shopkeeper will give you a bronze short sword or spear for your wooden toy plus one or two socks.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 03:57:47 pm »

If you're strong enough you should be able to just wrestle away an enemy's weapon. Grab it with an empty hand, then use advanced interactions (shift-I) to gain posession of it (it'll be highlighted in red).
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 05:54:50 pm »

Grab the first best body part at hand and go crazy.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 06:14:34 pm »

Kill a small creature with your bare hands, then use its corpse to kill everything you see.

You do extra damage that way.

Honest.
[Signature]

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 07:39:59 pm »

Kill a small creature whale with your bare hands, then use its corpse to kill everything you see.

FTFY.

Eye-gouging fluffy bunnies until Legendary +++ Wrestler so you can insta-disarm everyone is my typical game.