Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Third Party Mafia 3 - Game Over: Assassinated  (Read 36463 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party Mafia 3 - Day 1: Royal Meet-Up
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2011, 12:40:00 am »

Jim Groovester: When you question people, do you use a randomiser, or do you hand pick people?

I question people if I have questions about their play. There's nothing random about it.

If I don't have anything to talk about, I'll start the conversation mostly randomly, yes.

Was this at all a useful question? What were you trying to get out of it?

Okay, this is all fun and great and everything, but absolutely jack shit is happening. Everybody, should we lynch somebody today, and if we should, what third party should we be trying to hit?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2011, 12:56:02 am »

If we lynch someone today, I'd think we aim for Cult, SK, or Mafia if possible, while avoiding Jester (duh), Town (so we don't have lyncher win), and Survivor (that'd waste the lynch). The rest is pretty much a crapshoot. That said, on Day 1, I'm pretty sure Cult and Survivor tells would be identical, and roleflips would be very helpful and unlikely to end the game, barring a surprise Martyr. I vote No Lynch.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2011, 01:00:47 am »

You forgot about watcher. They don't get any powers that can disrupt other roles, and they can still win after death. Killing the survivor and the watcher is just a waste of a lynch. I'm thinking it would be easier to find somebody lynchable, then figure out what role we first want out then try to find that person, right?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2011, 03:32:28 am »

sorry, I was away from internet for several days  :'(

let me start by answering questions:

TolyK: Let's say you're the poor pitiful bastard who rolled Town. Would you try to hide and let the third parties explode against eachother, or would you try to drive lynches, knowing that multiple win conditions could center around people getting you out?
Well that would suck.
If someone's out to kill you, I think you're toast. It's too easy to drive against one person. Also, I sent a PM to Wuba about this and other stuff, but that might make you the target of two wanna-kill-but-cant roles (luncher and assasin)

TolyK, will you find anyone hard to read or investigate? Why?
I'm not sure. Darvi and BDtheMag are always hard to read for me  :P. I think Pandar, Toaster, LNCP, Jim might be harder to get as they're most experienced (and I suck at hunting :-\). It also depends on who I am, since it's easier to just stay passive for some roles while others will need to get you involved.

Tolyk: If you are the Assassin, what's your strategy?
It's probably best to try to stay alive and wait for the target to get NK'd, while defending the target at day and making them look town to get Mafia NK.

Gonna doublepost in a bit.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2011, 04:20:05 am »

Bluh bluh no hunting

Supercharazad, what do you think of your fellow players?

I think Pandar is suspicious.
I think Max is... well, Max. He's dicking around and using scumhunting techniques that obviously won't work.

Of course I'm not scumhunting. I'm too busy rolefishing, because that's how this game works.

If you're playing this like a traditional "Informed minority vs. Uninformed majority," you're doin' it wrong. That's not how 3rd Party Mafia works. By which I mean I'm mostly trying to protect my role while figuring out others', which is what I imagine we all should be doing.

But I need to sleep now.

But you didn't do any rolefishing either...

So?

You just said you were too busy rolefishing to scumhunt. You're not rolefishing either. What the hell.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2011, 05:10:08 am »

Bluh bluh no hunting

Supercharazad, what do you think of your fellow players?

I think Pandar is suspicious.
I think Max is... well, Max. He's dicking around and using scumhunting techniques that obviously won't work.

Of course I'm not scumhunting. I'm too busy rolefishing, because that's how this game works.

If you're playing this like a traditional "Informed minority vs. Uninformed majority," you're doin' it wrong. That's not how 3rd Party Mafia works. By which I mean I'm mostly trying to protect my role while figuring out others', which is what I imagine we all should be doing.

But I need to sleep now.

But you didn't do any rolefishing either...

So?

You just said you were too busy rolefishing to scumhunt. You're not rolefishing either. What the hell.

What a shame.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2011, 05:31:02 am »

What a shame.
I think we just found ourselves a jester.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2011, 05:46:50 am »

What a shame.

Sir, I do agree.

Though if he is a jester, he's a newjester, because he's obviously never played the role before.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2011, 05:57:48 am »

What a shame.
Is Pandarsenic generally seen as one of the better players? Because that could be either a poor jester, or a good anything 'else that doesn't want to be lynched'.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2011, 06:27:10 am »

What a shame.
Is Pandarsenic generally seen as one of the better players? Because that could be either a poor jester, or a good anything 'else that doesn't want to be lynched'.

WIFOM is bad. Don't do it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2011, 06:27:21 am »

Yo dawg I heard you like WIFOM.

Not worth your time to try to figure out what I am. Especially not from that.

Why? Simple.

I'm not being helpful, yes, but... really. Why should I be? Nobody trusts anyone else here. Two factions are murdering each night, one faction is wanted dead by everyone, one faction is wanted dead by everyone but only without triggering anyone else's wincon, and every faction but the cult wants everyone else to die, possibly with one or two exceptions for allies and such.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2011, 06:47:00 am »

I'm not being helpful, yes, but... really. Why should I be? Nobody trusts anyone else here. Two factions are murdering each night, one faction is wanted dead by everyone, one faction is wanted dead by everyone but only without triggering anyone else's wincon, and every faction but the cult wants everyone else to die, possibly with one or two exceptions for allies and such.

Well, not exactly. I'm not looking for the jester or the martyr to die in their respective manners and trigger win conditions, but that is just details. So what you are saying is we should all just sit around and do nothing each day until the mafia or SK kill everybody, or the cult takes over, or day six comes?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2011, 07:11:54 am »

Nope.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2011, 07:13:21 am »

Fuck WIFOM. There's only 1/6 chance of instalose if we lynch Pandar, so there goes my vote.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2011, 07:16:24 am »

Fuck WIFOM. There's only 1/6 chance of instalose if we lynch Pandar, so there goes my vote.
I don't understand your reasoning. People say there is a good chance he is the jester, but you point out that from a pure statistical point of view the chances of him being an instalose are exactly the same as the rest of us.

What makes him a better target than anybody else?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21