Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Third Party Mafia 3 - Game Over: Assassinated  (Read 36452 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party Mafia 3 - Day 1: Royal Meet-Up
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2011, 05:20:47 pm »

Max White, how much have you gathered about the players so far? What scumtells would be the most obvious to you?

Are you looking for logical reasoning, or just hunches? Because at this point I don't think I can provide the first.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2011, 05:23:16 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2011, 05:28:34 pm »

LNCP: Yes this setup will be difficult, as unless I'm culted, I won't really be able to rely on anyone else for help. Even as town, normally, there's the comfort of knowing that out there, there are innocent people with the same goal as you. Here, while we have similar short term goals (kill the Cultist, (probably) kill the SK), I have to try to progress those while actually working at a cross purpose to everyone else. As for questions, who would you lynch given a choice so far?

Powder Miner: What role are you, personally, worried about the most? Do you have any suspects for roles at the moment?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2011, 07:40:29 pm »

Jim:
Jim:  Who is most important to lynch D1?

Depends on your alignment. For most everybody, that'd be Cult, because a runaway cult will screw over the most win conditions. After that, it's mafia and SK, with the next most harmful win conditions to everybody else.

What's your opinion? Who should we all, with all our disparate win conditions, gun for, if anybody?

I was thinking the SK, but you make a good argument for Cult.

Max:
Hey everybody, it's ok, Think0028 is the jester! That is at least one vital roll identified. Anybody here the martyr?

What is this nonsense accomplishing?

Darvi:
Darvi:  What non-game-ending lynch would be worst D1?
Worst for whom exactly?

1.  Most people?
2.  You?

Think:
LNCP: Yes this setup will be difficult, as unless I'm culted, I won't really be able to rely on anyone else for help. Even as town, normally, there's the comfort of knowing that out there, there are innocent people with the same goal as you. Here, while we have similar short term goals (kill the Cultist, (probably) kill the SK), I have to try to progress those while actually working at a cross purpose to everyone else. As for questions, who would you lynch given a choice so far?

Why "probably" the SK?

LNCP:  It's a more cerebral game, since it's basically a Xanatos clusterfuck.  Everyone is trying to manipulate everyone else to determine who is for or against their objective.  For the second part of your question, see points to Think and Max.

Powder:  Would you rather lynch the SK or Mafia?

BD:  Let's say you're the Mafioso.  Which role would you most like dead?

Pandar:  Let's say you're the Cult Leader.  Which role would you most like to convert?

Dariush:  Let's say you're the Survivor.  Which role do you think would be best to help?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2011, 07:46:20 pm »

"Probably" because there's also the Ally, so there's two people who initially want the SK alive, versus 1 for the Cult. Also was wondering about SK killing possibly clearing out a problem role on N1 at least, like Jester or Cult.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2011, 07:47:48 pm »

What is this nonsense accomplishing?

He didn't seem to care that I was drawing attention to him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2011, 07:57:06 pm »

Why did you feel the need to draw attention to him?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2011, 07:58:32 pm »

To see what he did. He did nothing, so I am satisfied.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2011, 08:01:36 pm »

What would have been a bad reaction?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2011, 08:04:11 pm »

Responding as if it were some great big attack would have made me think he is paranoid about being attacked, and so most likely has a reason for people to attack him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2011, 08:15:36 pm »

Jim Groovester, if you were scum, what faction would you want to eliminate first? The last?

SK, then Cult. SK, because he might kill me, Cult because having a giant unanimous voting block at the end of the game would suck. It might be smart to shoot for the Cult first, so that they can't get the ball rolling. Even by Day 3, a three member cult can be pretty damaging.

Martyr, for obvious reasons.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »

Jim Groovester: When you question people, do you use a randomiser, or do you hand pick people?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2011, 10:42:31 pm »

Hmm. I'm most worried about the Cult, as they can start getting majorities fairly quickly, espcially when you think about mafia and sk... Left unhecked, a cult could effectively win in two or three days.
I think I'd lynch Mafia, because then the MAfia-lly (if he provides a threat like I think he does) would also be taken out of the equation, as would the brother.
As a scumpartner, I'd choose Toaster, as he's a very experienced player, and not as much of a kill magnet as Jim. least, to tell the truth, supercharazad, as- I hate to insult him- but he didn't leave a very good impression on me from last game.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2011, 11:11:04 pm »

Powder:
As a scumpartner, I'd choose Toaster, as he's a very experienced player, and not as much of a kill magnet as Jim.

I've picked up a bunch of N1 NKs lately, actually.

One for you:  If the cult was still around on D3, would you try to get recruited?

Same question to LNCP.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21