Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Third Party Mafia 3 - Game Over: Assassinated  (Read 36439 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party Mafia 3 - Day 1: Royal Meet-Up
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2011, 05:16:56 am »

Wouldn't you be a prime candidate for the cult then?

So your asking people to comment on their potential usefulness to the cult?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2011, 05:22:36 am »

No, I'm asking whether it's a good idea to rely on the townie to be unlynchable, since cult would definitely want to recruit somebody who won't be lynched or killed.

Why are you so fixated on cult anyway?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2011, 05:25:17 am »

Because honestly, the idea of a parasitic role that consumes all scares the crap out of me. If they get to day 3 with ideal conditions, they are already four people strong.

Why so defensive on the issue?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2011, 06:33:02 am »

Wouldn't you be a prime candidate for the cult then?

Yep. The primest.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2011, 06:39:16 am »

Of course I'm not scumhunting. I'm too busy rolefishing, because that's how this game works.

If you're playing this like a traditional "Informed minority vs. Uninformed majority," you're doin' it wrong. That's not how 3rd Party Mafia works. By which I mean I'm mostly trying to protect my role while figuring out others', which is what I imagine we all should be doing.

But I need to sleep now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: FULL] Third Party Mafia 3
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2011, 06:53:18 am »

BD:
Max White: I unvoted because when I voted before my mind seemed to have blanked and I forgot, the reason for the quick unvote is I have this thread in a different tab while im doing other stuff on the internet.
And what does the fact that you're 'doing other stuff on the internet' have to do with almost immediate unvote under pressure? How should the Ally progress through the game?

Darvi:
Dariush. You want to kill me dontcha?
Of course I do. Too bad I can't. [/joke]

Why did you ask this question? What would you have gotten from my answer? Why aren't you doing anything other than proposing everyone to stick together and asking random noncommital questions? Who do you think will be killed tonight?

Jim:
Town would be pretty interesting, too. You're basically protected from nightkill and lynching so long as the Assassin and Lyncher are alive.
Why is town protected from nightkill and lynching?..

Max White:
Why aren't you doing anything other than throwing around jokes, attempting cartoonish rolefishing and answering questions with questions? How will the NK picks differ between mafia and SK?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2011, 07:18:47 am »

Still sort of new to this, and anyway, Pandarsenic seems to think rolefishing is the aim of the game, rather than scum hunting, and I guess it makes sense to me. If it is cartoonish, then I guess that is just me.  :P I like to throw in a joke every now and then, is that so bad? No really, that was not a rhetorical question, do we normally keep a more sombre tone in these games?

Also, NK?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2011, 07:35:58 am »

*After checking the common terms*
Ooh, night kill.
Well I don't see how they will, nor why it really matters. Both mafia and SK are similar enough roles that if you want to lynch one, chances are you want to lynch both. Unless you are an ally or brother, but then you know who your friend is, don't you?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2011, 08:20:25 am »

Of course I'm not scumhunting. I'm too busy rolefishing, because that's how this game works.

If you're playing this like a traditional "Informed minority vs. Uninformed majority," you're doin' it wrong. That's not how 3rd Party Mafia works. By which I mean I'm mostly trying to protect my role while figuring out others', which is what I imagine we all should be doing.

But I need to sleep now.

But you didn't do any rolefishing either...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2011, 08:31:02 am »

If In were Jester, I'd try to... I'd try to act normally Day 1, but later in the game start acting as if I have cult, judging by the lynch sentiment here.
If I were lyncher, I would attempt to point out late in the game, using fake evidence, that someone was a cultist or mafia, or serial killer.
Max White why are you so interested in NKs?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: FULL] Third Party Mafia 3
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2011, 02:09:41 pm »

Jim:
Town would be pretty interesting, too. You're basically protected from nightkill and lynching so long as the Assassin and Lyncher are alive.
Why is town protected from nightkill and lynching?..

While the Lyncher and Assassin remain alive, the game ends when the Town is either nightkilled or lynched. For most everybody else this wouldn't be a very good thing to happen.

Assuming they know who the Town is, of course, they'll avoid killing or lynching him to avoid instalosing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2011, 04:23:08 pm »

Max White why are you so interested in NKs?

Dariush asked me how I would tell a mafia NK from a SK NK, and I wasn't exactly sure what an NK was. And I should have remembered that, as if I recall we went over that last game I was in, but regardless, I decided to look it up in the wiki.

Just trying to answer the questions given to me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2011, 05:08:10 pm »

But I need to sleep now.

But you didn't do any rolefishing either...

So?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2011, 05:12:22 pm »

Bluh bluh no hunting

Supercharazad, what do you think of your fellow players?
Toaster, how do you feel about the game? Have you seen anything of note yet?
Pandarsenic, lurky lurk? Who would you be the most suspicious of as players?
Jim Groovester, if you were scum, what faction would you want to eliminate first? The last?
Dariush, who here is the most dangerous?
Powder Miner, who would you want the most as a scumpartner and why? Who would you want the least?
Darvi, who have you picked to lynch tonight? How would you spot scum?
TolyK, will you find anyone hard to read or investigate? Why?
Think0028, will the setup be difficult for you at all? How do you intend to treat your fellows?
Max White, how much have you gathered about the players so far? What scumtells would be the most obvious to you?
Bdthemag, are you going to scumhunt this game? What do you intend on doing?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2011, 05:16:11 pm »

Define 'scum'.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21