Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 855993 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #12330 on: February 24, 2012, 07:09:35 pm »

*monocle pops off*

Deary me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: February 24, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »

*Sips tea*
*No really, I just sipped tea, in real life*

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: February 24, 2012, 08:01:42 pm »

I sipped something else.

Still tasty though. Acquired taste, I suppose...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: February 24, 2012, 10:33:15 pm »

I sipped something else.

Still tasty though. Acquired taste, I suppose...

Don't be cryptic. The internet needs to know what you were drinking.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: February 24, 2012, 11:05:06 pm »

Kind of salty. White.

... I put some salt in my milk accidentally. NOT going to do that again, despite it being drinkable. It was the last of the milk!
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: February 24, 2012, 11:11:08 pm »

How do you accidentally put salt in your milk? What were you trying to put in it? Do you put sugar in your milk?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:57 pm »

I've heard that it can actually be tasty. I've never tried it myself in a direct fashion, but I find that milk is a great drink to have while I'm eating eggs and chips, or potato omelettes.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:49 pm »

How do you accidentally put salt in your milk? What were you trying to put in it? Do you put sugar in your milk?

Strange, I know, but some people do put sugar in milk.

Myself, I put hot milk in my sugar, or have cold milk alone.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #12338 on: February 24, 2012, 11:25:19 pm »

I used to drink warm milk with vanilla and honey in it, just for the awesomeness of it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: February 25, 2012, 12:24:29 am »

Yeah, I tend to put sugar in my milk when I'm getting tired and need to stay awake a little longer. I don't drink coffee much.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #12340 on: February 25, 2012, 01:02:21 am »

Yeah, I tend to put sugar in my milk when I'm getting tired and need to stay awake a little longer. I don't drink coffee much.

Strangely, sugar never made me wake up.

Then again, I remember drinking two red bull for a gaming night and then sleeping 15 minutes later.

I think maybe I'm too used to sugar, like I'm too used to garlic. People think I'm mad when we talk about food. Apparently putting a full garlic thing in your food is considered a bit too much.

But I only think it's what necessary to taste it.

Of course, next day everyone stares. But they do that anyway.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:22:27 am by Lysabild »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: February 25, 2012, 02:01:41 am »

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/putin-lauds-thieves-of-us-nuke-intel/453523.html
woah Putin, thats the first strange article about you i ever seen, what happened?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: February 25, 2012, 02:11:39 am »

Twenty bucks says that if it was Russia who made the bomb first and we stole info, he'd condemn us for such an unerhanded tactic

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: February 25, 2012, 02:16:02 am »

Details:
http://ulife.com/az-house-pushes-through-tuition-bill/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=az-house-pushes-through-tuition-bill

Even veterans aren't exempt from the increase of $2000 per year.

Only athletes.

Choice quotes:
State Rep. John Kavanagh, R-Fountain Hills, said $2,000 wasn't really that much and insisted students could graduate with $14,000 debt after four years, "less than the cost of a Chevy Sonic. And I personally believe that degrees from our universities are worth far more than Chevy Sonics"

When students testified that they have more to pay for than just tuition, state Rep. Michelle Ugenti, R-Scottsdale, told them, "Welcome to life."
Ugenti said she paid for her own apartment, her car and her food, worked full time "and still having enough time in all of that, and with all of that responsibility, to play rugby for ASU."
Obviously this is the sort of student ethic they are trying to promote here. Work, sports, cars, that's clearly the most important bits of a college education!

Arizona, or I should say many of the politically influential parts, is populated largely by old rich people who moved to the sun belt and who don't feel like paying for anything. They are convinced leeches are ruining the government which needs to spend less. Don't you dare touch their social security, medicare, medicaid or any of their other benefits though, they'll vote to murder you publicly.... <--This is not far from the truth.

People don't want to pay for education (or infrastructure, or anything at all) in the cheapest way possible via taxes like we did traditionally and don't care that there is a looming student loan crisis, due to there being no jobs. "It's not my problem." Great.... So, old people, you got yours and you're just gonna ride this out as it implodes and blame the young people for it when in fact you got everything handed to you by the Greatest Generation?" Lovely. I don't care if that pissed old people off, and I kinda figured it would.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:19:22 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: February 25, 2012, 02:26:45 am »

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/putin-lauds-thieves-of-us-nuke-intel/453523.html
woah Putin, thats the first strange article about you i ever seen, what happened?
Particularly strange because the article title seems to insinuate he was lauding thieves that haven't been dead for a while. Incidentally, I'm kinda' down with the whole "so the states weren't the sole nuclear power" thing. Sucks that so many countries have nuclear weaponry, but it's better than just one having it :-\ But really, s'just a kind of, "Hey, dude's praising people that helped out his side of the fight." thing. Shouldn't surprise anyone, heh.

Anyway, bit of odd one, but understandable considering from whence it came. On the other paw, it's probably time we drop this whole cold war thing. US is going to get reigned in soon* enough, sure, but it innit' gonna' be Russia that does it.

*Note historical time frame. Probably still be big dog during out lifetimes, unless someone in charge does something even-more-phenomenally-stupid-than-normal.

@True: They're not all that bad...

... then again, I don't have much exposure to that particular type of dying-monkey. But yeah, hell, they can't take it with 'em, and it's not like American culture these days is putting much emphasis on giving-a-shit-about-what-happens-next-Tuesdaygeneration. Why should they give flip?

I mean, besides the thousand and one obvious reasons that come from thinking about it for like fiiive seconds but who has the time and energy for that kind of exertion when you're old!? Not that you do when you're young or in between, either.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 852