Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 853693 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #10395 on: January 22, 2012, 09:09:33 pm »

kaijyuu, we have seen the future. And it is glorious. Dracula capes, and nothing but, for everyone.

When it gets cold, we can add a skirt/kilt.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: January 22, 2012, 09:10:59 pm »

Capes, kilts, and robes as the future?
Sounds rather comfy. Still would need a winter coat here though. Or perhaps just a thicker robe...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #10397 on: January 22, 2012, 09:11:58 pm »

Now we've just wrapped around back to wearing clothes again.

I guess we'll never escape the tyranny of pants.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: January 22, 2012, 09:13:02 pm »

More comfortable poofy clothes that make all the running people look slightly silly, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: January 22, 2012, 09:14:07 pm »

Also everyone is a Dungeon Master.

Re: animal testing, I have no real problem with it as long as it's done sensibly and, once it's determined to probably be safe on humans, tested on us as well.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: January 22, 2012, 09:17:16 pm »

Most of what I've seen about it on the internet that was sensible said something about bringing a towel with you if you're sitting somewhere that isn't explicitly your thing to sit on. So towels would be more important, that probably can't be too much of a bad thing, we already have towels you can wear as a poncho anyway.

So, we'd be back to clothes?
More back to robes than clothes. Robes are nice whether or not you have anything else on anyway, partly because of comfyness and partly because you can have an impromtu cape on demand if you run fast enough.

Not even robes. I van certainly see a clear difference between sitting on something and wearing it.

As for the time it takes to get over the sexuality of it - it took Sweden something like 30-50 years to go from nearly full body suits to topless women being no big deal what so ever? And that's including the time it took for the mood to change, the actual getting used to breasts on the beaches took what, just a few years? I can't imagine why getting used to our dangly bits on the city streets would be any better.
Also go feet naturalism! I'm barefoot most of the year as well (inside, at least, in winter) too. I dislike socks way more than I do shoes though, too damned warm. My feet needs to breath! They are people too you know.

And ninja'd, and that home became stupid because real animal rights were brought up.

I honestly don't think the s
tatistics don't really support you here, though. The people likely to rape someone are going to rape them whether they are naked or wearing a miniskirt, as far as the numbers I've seen say.

Even more so since even in today's culture people find bodies that are slightly covered up more enticing than naked ones, if one thinks the hornyness plays a role.
Love, scriver~

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: January 22, 2012, 09:23:23 pm »

Some people would not be uncomfortable with other random people around them being naked. Social expectations regarding nudity vary a lot from person to person and culture to culture. You can't really expect there to be no expectations at all.
People in public make me uncomfortable pretty much constantly and all the time. I don't see how that matters? Unless they're intentionally antagonising me, that's my problem, not theirs.

"Disgust" would mean I cared enough to be disgusted.
Considering you went out of your way to express your disgust several posts ago, to the point of insulting those who choose to forgo clothing in their own time, I doubt this is the case. Maybe you weren't disgusted then - I suppose you might simply have been repulsed, instead.

Speaking of regularly, I deal with criminals on a daily basis and sometimes am a little scared of them. Forget "mandatory," they will ruin it with just "optional," I think. So first you're going to let the criminals be all naked in public. Then there's other people (read: potential marks/victims)  who are also naked by choice. These come into the same place.... Hilarity will not ensue.
I honestly don't think the statistics don't really support you here, though. The people likely to rape someone are going to rape them whether they are naked or wearing a miniskirt, as far as the numbers I've seen say. Though it's been a while since the last time I looked into this issue - do you have any evidence this is actually something that is likely to happen?

Most, if not all places that are clothing optional, where you sit on things (couches, stools, bars, that kind of thing) have a mandatory rule of putting a towel under your butt. It's a simple fix.
Obviously the happy medium is capes. All the function, none of the confinement! :P

Meh? Whyfor art thou mad at me?

I said a lot of things, but I never insulted nudists who, "choose to forgo clothing in their own time." I t'was neither disgusted, nor repulsed. Let's look at the instant replay :).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I said weather makes nudity impractical. True. I said most people are horny. Sadly, also true. I also said that most nudists I've seen are ones nobody wants to see naked (notice the "I've seen" and the implied that "other people" don't wanna see naked. This relates solely to my personal experiences, which have not been good.

I cracked a joke in response to you not asking people to cover themselves up in public: with the bag on head thing. I thought the sarcasm was both funny and obvious. I then continued said joke with the "the stores are hurting for money/please buy pants, joke. I then did transition to a side of semi serious with pointing out how difficult an adjustment would be to a society that publicly accepted nudity from the puritanical thing we are now.
That awkwardness, would be there....

I then went on to jokingly compare myself to a dentist who gives out sugar in the hopes of drumming up business and then pointed out the problem of how people wouldn't adapt quickly while pointing out the chair problem which numerous people have sense solved via towels and/or robes.

I once again pointed out the, hereafter solved with towels or robes, chair problem. Said there was a difference between nudity and short skirts and finally made a joke that tested quite well with the 18-34 crowd about it becoming "robity" rather than nudity." This line was featured in the next post.

Lastly and speaking of the next post, I said the robity joke, which I have thoroughly beaten into the ground, disclosed my once again legendarily jaded and cynical nature, said many of my criminal defense clients would ruin it for everyone, and finally finished it off with yet more jadedness.

I'm Truean with the "I didn't insult anyone" recap and now to Ollie Williams with the weather.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Honestly, I'm not seeing why this is upsetting you. You do realize I dress as a woman at home pretty much every chance I get "on my own time," knowing that most of the world would be jerks about it, right? Why would I care if people don't dress at all on their own time? There's no disgust or repulsion.

What I'm saying and all I'm saying is that there would be issues to overcome. I think I had this same issue when people thought I was against Poligamy when really I was just pointing out the significant legal hurtles to making it work.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: January 22, 2012, 09:28:25 pm »

Having spent some time among nudists and hippies... I think it's great when people feel comfortable in their own bodies to be able to walk around naked. I'm not about to though. The actual issues with nudity have more to do with our current societal shaming and overt sexualisation/objectification of people rather than an innate "that's gross".

Europeans are much more progressive in these regards than Americans.

Pretty much. Yep. If people could be cool about it, then it'd work....

I don't know if I like the fairly judgmental implication that people not being okay with nudity means that they aren't "progressive". I'm totally fine with a culture that sees nudity as an okay thing in public, but a society seeing nudity as "private" isn't something I necessarily see as a regressive attitude.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: January 22, 2012, 09:31:54 pm »

Hey, Truean. I think a lot of the time, people think you're against these issues because it comes across, when you talk about the practicalities of these things, that you're saying "It's too hard to do it so let's not even try." which sounds like a flimsy excuse in any case.

That's just what I've picked up, I may be totally wrong. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: January 22, 2012, 09:36:45 pm »

Hey, Truean. I think a lot of the time, people think you're against these issues because it comes across, when you talk about the practicalities of these things, that you're saying "It's too hard to do it so let's not even try." which sounds like a flimsy excuse in any case.

That's just what I've picked up, I may be totally wrong. >_>

You're probably right actually.

I just see it as "if you wanna do this, then you're gonna have to deal with that other thing first to make it work well." Ironically, just like in my job, It's about advising the pros and cons of ... doing whatever the crap the person wants to do.

Once again, practical facilitation and advising gets mistaken for impediment because it asks someone to slow down for a second. [sigh].

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: January 22, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »

Quote from: Truean
and of course the seemingly all too true rule that most of the nudists I've seen are the people nobody wants to see naked. I already see wayyyy too many jumbo muffin tops. Yes, the problem unfortunately applies to guys as well. [shiver]. No thank you.

Honestly, that was the line that set me off. I know that it was "only a joke", but its one that encourages are already existing culture of body shame - that if other people don't see you as attractive, you should feel ashamed of your body and cover it up to spare their eyes.

You can't see how that would be insulting, or make it sound like you think it's disgusting? (Apparently the thought alone is enough to make you shiver, after all)

Hey, now! None of the clothing mentioned were pants!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: January 22, 2012, 09:48:37 pm »

Quote from: Truean
and of course the seemingly all too true rule that most of the nudists I've seen are the people nobody wants to see naked. I already see wayyyy too many jumbo muffin tops. Yes, the problem unfortunately applies to guys as well. [shiver]. No thank you.

Honestly, that was the line that set me off. I know that it was "only a joke", but its one that encourages are already existing culture of body shame - that if other people don't see you as attractive, you should feel ashamed of your body and cover it up to spare their eyes.

You can't see how that would be insulting, or make it sound like you think it's disgusting? (Apparently the thought alone is enough to make you shiver, after all)

Hey, now! None of the clothing mentioned were pants!

The "[shiver]" is basically my sense of humor. Kinda like: One flavor, 24819 names for it--plain, original, classic,  regular, ordinary, normal, unseasoned, natural, regular again, commonplace, typical, [etc].

However, I stand by my statement about how people should wear clothes that fit them and are appropriate. I'm not 16 years old anymore and haven't been for some time, so I don't dress like I am. Ironically, this is arguably about acceptance of yourself as you are to just buy the bigger sized clothes rather than squeeze into the smaller ones unsuccessfully.  I actually used to be a size freaking 4 or 6 (unfortunately it varies with brand).

I don't necessarily have to wear mom jeans, but I also don't go for skin tight stuff either. Clothes to fit me, not a sterotype of some twiggy kid L.A. is selling.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:02:03 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #10407 on: January 22, 2012, 10:24:32 pm »

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/man-faces-five-years-for-8216god-does-not-exist-facebook-post/7796

After posting the phrase "god does not exist" on his facebook, an angry crowd stormed the mans workplace and beat him nearly to death. He was sentenced to 5 years.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: January 22, 2012, 10:40:14 pm »

Six available religions, but 'no answer' is not an option? I don't even understand the rationale there.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: January 22, 2012, 10:44:51 pm »

Its a violation of principles according to that article.
Atheism is a violation of Indonesian law under the founding principles of the country. Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation, recognizes the right to practice six religions in total: Islam, Protestant, Catholic, Hindu, Buddhism and Confucianism. Atheism is, however, illegal. According to Indonesian criminal law, anyone who tries to stop others believing in a faith could face up to five years in jail for blasphemy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 852