Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 853841 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #10305 on: January 21, 2012, 05:22:09 pm »

* The Merchant Of Menace gives DrPoo a knife.

Thanks!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: January 21, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »

Also, wrong rage thread.
*Hugs*

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: January 21, 2012, 05:25:27 pm »

This is the Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread, which is generally about politics and such. It's pretty easy to tell them apart.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: January 21, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »

Young's principle of emergent individualization: everyone wants to peel his own banana
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: January 21, 2012, 05:47:27 pm »

I'm really suprised people are still surpised when people do barbaric religiously-motivated things in Muslim majority countries.

Their culture and belief system is not even remotely similar to western values. They are similarly shocked and awed by the way we do things here.

Assbackwards custom got nothing to do with the religion, though. Most Christians weren't much better 100-200 years ago (and certainly still aren't in many places). Our modern ways own their everything to the Enlightenment and the changes our cultures have undergone since. We're just lucky we haven't undergone a reactionary backslip the way the much of the "Muslim" world (and certainly the religious philosophy) did in the 30-70:s. Well, not as much of one, considering what happened in your USA in the 50:s and the current conservatory development everywhere.

edit: stupid phone autocorrection...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:53:11 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: January 21, 2012, 05:49:58 pm »

Clearly Chairman Poo outranks DrPoo unless of course they are the same person occupying different official capacities, in which case we should adjourn for Advil and gyros before untangling this.

Speaking of ranks, power, and official capacities I don't quite know how that Judge v. Obama thing will work itself out.... :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: January 21, 2012, 05:55:21 pm »

Y'know, out of everybody currently living in America, I don't think there's a single person who has more publically available evidence of having been born there than Barack Obama (well, except maybe people who were born on camera or something).  I don't think it's worth even beginning to talk to a birther until they can show you at least 2 different kinds of birth certificates and 3 newspapers from the date of their birth saying that they were born then.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: January 21, 2012, 07:37:09 pm »

Clearly Chairman Poo outranks DrPoo unless of course they are the same person occupying different official capacities, in which case we should adjourn for Advil and gyros before untangling this.

Judging from this and other threads, if they're the same person, DrPoo is Chairman Poo the day after drinking his weekly set of vodka-and-mercurochrome cocktails.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: January 21, 2012, 08:02:41 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/roy-speckhardt/voting-locations_b_1219734.html

Voting in Churches...?
It's like people don't understand the Establishment Cla-oh wait, somewhere around half of this country doesn't seem to understand the Establishment Clause. Stuff like this really drives me up the wall.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: January 21, 2012, 08:12:46 pm »

... I didn't even know you could vote outside of specifically government owned buildings, actually. Barring mailed in votes and suchlike, of course. Thought it had to be a public use building or something. I could see a church building being converted into one (They tend to be pretty spacious, after all), but an active church doesn't make much sense.

Uh, please, no one tell anyone in north florida about that being a possibility, by th'way. It might reach my own personal slice of hell. Folks around here apparently haven't cottoned on to it yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: January 21, 2012, 08:50:19 pm »

Lots of public non-religous events are held in churches - they are spacious, many of them rent out to whoever wants to rent them, and they're everywhere, meaning you can get prime locations, and they are usually very easy to identify from a distance, making them easier to locate.

There's definitely a possible problem here, sure, but I can see why it would be so appealing to hold them there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: January 21, 2012, 09:53:05 pm »

Ah, sorry, I was talking 'public' as in 'public park,' not 'open to the public for this event' kind of thing. Yanno', civic centers, town hall, stuff like that. M'well aware a lot of meeting type stuff is held in churches, just surprised that government related events were.

That surprisingly doesn't happen in the county I'm in, even though it's very small, inundated with churches, and about as bible thumping as they come.

Just color me surprised that was even allowed to happen, really. I'd've expected a bigger stink to have been raised about it before now. Separation o'church and state and all that rot. Which I guess is why someone was calling for it, yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: January 21, 2012, 09:56:27 pm »

Well, churches are allowed to rent themselves out as halls, and government events are allowed to rent halls. (In the US). The government is NOT allowed to hold religious events there (or anywhere), obviously.

Heck, even my theatre group had rented out a couple of churches though. And we put on some questionable stuff.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #10319 on: January 21, 2012, 10:02:53 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/broke-sick-lonely-stanford-heads-122429951.html

"The Free Market without regulations."

And they're all saying the government should've done more before this. My my, didn't they say smaller government is better? Except of course when it's your own personal ass on the line.... Good luck getting your life savings back if you invested with this guy.Regulations = good.
There's a difference between regulation and fraud prevention.
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 852