Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 853438 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #9570 on: January 10, 2012, 12:59:00 am »

It was posted earlier in the thread, but I'll allow it:

"You know, something may be going down tonight, but it ain't going to be jobs, sweetheart." -Gov. Chris Christie to a female heckler. Because poor taste jokes about oral sex to a woman are okay because you were "misunderstood".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: January 10, 2012, 01:06:17 am »

Wait that actually was a really bad lewd remark? Goddamn it. I actually assumed he was trying to imply something like "You are going down, because I'm going to beat the everliving crap out of you". Welp.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: January 10, 2012, 01:14:25 am »

That's what he's trying to backtrack and say, but going down on someone is the most common and obvious euphemism for giving a blowjob. So even if he "didn't mean it that way" it's pretty inappropriate to not think about how he was wording it, not to mention his tone when he says "sweetheart".

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: January 10, 2012, 01:26:13 am »

I didn't take it as a sex joke, but it still shows him to be a complete jackass.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: January 10, 2012, 01:37:50 am »

What if he meant that he was the one going down?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: January 10, 2012, 02:08:07 am »

What if he meant that he was the one going down?
Only one of us will be walking away from here, and it won't be me!
Soaplent green is goblins!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: January 10, 2012, 06:16:18 am »

I didn't initially read it as a sex joke either. Yeah, stupid thing to say, and poorly worded, but I really don't think the sexual meaning was intended.

"Mr. Politician, do you think you'll win tonight?"
"Sure seems like it, just look at the poll."
*insert media circus over which poll/pole was meant.*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: January 10, 2012, 09:44:49 am »

It was posted earlier in the thread, but I'll allow it:

"You know, something may be going down tonight, but it ain't going to be jobs, sweetheart." -Gov. Chris Christie to a female heckler. Because poor taste jokes about oral sex to a woman are okay because you were "misunderstood".
You know Herman Cain gave him a long-distance fistbump for that one.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #9578 on: January 10, 2012, 11:07:50 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-marriage-threat-humanitys-future-pope-184113291.html

I really get frustrated sometimes. It seems like there is a competition on what world leaders can say the most ridiculous things.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:09:44 am by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: January 10, 2012, 11:11:38 am »

Well of course. If you allow gay marriage, then *everyone* will gay marry and won't have children, so humans will go extinct.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: January 10, 2012, 12:24:37 pm »

I really get frustrated sometimes. It seems like there is a competition on what world leaders can say the most ridiculous things.
Just when you think the Pope has learned to stop derping, he herps. >_<

This is why I'm always conflicted about the Catholic Church. On the one hand, they're a voice for peace and human rights in many areas and do a lot of good. On the other...yeah. It's like parts of the Church's doctrine are in the 21st century, and other parts are still in the 1st century.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: January 10, 2012, 12:28:40 pm »

I know they are a powerful force in uprooting and destroying native cultures, proselytizing, and getting involved in politics... but I'm not really all that confident in their being a voice for peace and human rights. At least, I've not really heard anything on the front.

Not to say Catholic individuals and organizations haven't been so (they are a large group of people who ostensibly follow the teachings of Jesus, it should be expected some portion of them would engage in this sort of thing), but I'm no so sure how responsible for that sort of stuff the actual Catholic Church is.

Might just be ignorance on my part though.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: January 10, 2012, 12:46:04 pm »

[facepalm]

I swear people have next to no idea how basic logic works, seemingly with those in power often having the least idea....

His given assumption is that his version of a traditional family is the cornerstone of human civilization and without that everything falls.... Moreover, the presence of any other type of family is so toxic to his version of a traditional family that it would kill said "traditional family." This forgets every other culture on earth that doesn't subscribe to his version.... Those cultures seem to do just fine without his religion and with their own or lack thereof.... They also have their own definitions of marriage that evolved independent of Christianity....

I love being a scapegoat for the fall of civilization.... WTF? Global pollution, terrorism, global economic instability, war, famine, disease.... Na, it's the gays.... We're screwing over the whole planet... ??? ? I somehow don't think he can make any kind of causal connection, at all, that amounts to anything close to gay -----> the end of the world....  ::)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:54:17 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: January 10, 2012, 12:56:20 pm »

Its us hetero's that are screwing up the planet anyway, what with continually reproducing and all that, stretching our natural resources and causing the exponential growth issue.
This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: January 10, 2012, 01:23:52 pm »

I guess we now know why priests aren't allowed to marry.

Its us hetero's that are screwing up the planet anyway, what with continually reproducing and all that, stretching our natural resources and causing the exponential growth issue.
But what about the gay people adopting Thai kids?
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 852