Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 854335 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #9165 on: January 01, 2012, 02:40:29 pm »

Caught an interview with the author of this article on Weekend Edition this morning. The author admitted that the title was simply for the eyecatch, but it's certainly a disturbing trend. Especially since Egypt had been slowly crawling back towards progressivism.

Is the Arab Spring Bad for Women
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: January 03, 2012, 03:29:55 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-black-church-rightful-owner-kkk-store-174103559.html

Ah, hello restrictive covenant/ de facto life estate leasehold clause. So I don't imagine the black church will allow the store to continue operation after the guy dies and / or will charge an insane amount of rent/find some way to get them out. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: January 03, 2012, 03:49:01 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-black-church-rightful-owner-kkk-store-174103559.html

Ah, hello restrictive covenant/ de facto life estate leasehold clause. So I don't imagine the black church will allow the store to continue operation after the guy dies and / or will charge an insane amount of rent/find some way to get them out. :)
Oh lord....I'm not surprised this is in Laurens. Used to support an ISP down there called "Backroads Internet" (no lie). The name pretty much said it all. Dude was running his telco router out of a woodshed. And the customers were....well, let's just say they were representative of upstate South Carolina.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #9168 on: January 03, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »

On a somewhat lighter note than some of our recent topics: http://news.yahoo.com/us-supreme-court-asked-ponder-drug-dogs-sniff-164204608.html

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: January 03, 2012, 08:21:43 pm »

An interesting piece on the way violence targeting abortion clinics is rhetorically discussed.

Come one, come all, into 1984.... There is no "bad" there is only good (bad) and "good good" (good)....

Fact is, these people are not only purposefully harming  a human being but they think it's right to do so.

And for double irony points, they're screaming "PRO LIFE" while taking life....

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:52 pm »

An interesting piece on the way violence targeting abortion clinics is rhetorically discussed.

Come one, come all, into 1984.... There is no "bad" there is only good (bad) and "good good" (good)....

Fact is, these people are not only purposefully harming  a human being but they think it's right to do so.

Is there a reason why we can't have abortion just for emergencies?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: January 03, 2012, 09:25:52 pm »

Is there a reason why you would want to limit people's rights in that way?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: January 03, 2012, 09:31:26 pm »

Reason why would be this isn't shouldn't be a choice if you can't care for the child. just wondering why nobody would consider having abortions for worst-case scenarios.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: January 03, 2012, 09:33:04 pm »

Reason why would be this isn't shouldn't be a choice if you can't care for the child. just wondering why nobody would consider having abortions for worst-case scenarios.

Ah, good, my word trickery and making those sentences apply equally to both sides worked to spur debate. :D

Please don't quote me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: January 03, 2012, 09:37:19 pm »

Telle, every abortion is done in emergency. Well, emergency might not cover what I mean as well as the Swedish word for it, but what I mean is, it's done as a last resort. Nobody wants to have an abortion. A lot of people suffer lasting psychological damage from it (especially from late abortions, I believe). Yet children isn't a small thing, it's not something you can just "live with" like it's no big deal when it happens at a bad time - it will change your life forever. Not making abortions available to those who need it (and this is the big thing - nobody who believes abortion is wrong needs to have one) ruins peoples lives, dreams and hopes. Both for the parents and the children that would be born from it. Even for people who hold dear the "sanctity of life" it should at the very least be considered a necessary evil.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: January 03, 2012, 09:41:51 pm »

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: January 03, 2012, 09:42:38 pm »

... Maybe I'm just tired, but I have -no- idea what you just said, Chairman.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: January 03, 2012, 09:43:15 pm »

I'm also going to add that pregnancy and birth tend to take a permanent, serious toll on your body (not to mention the serious financial costs involved!).  It's not "Oh, ladedah, carry the child to term!  That's easy!"  Hahahahahaha no.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: January 03, 2012, 09:46:29 pm »

Ḿaybe the article gives an altogether too-negative interpretation to the posting of that woman's comment at the end of the news report. Maybe it was thrown in meaning to imply that even anti-abortionists are against such shows of violence, as to discourage teenage vandals willing to engage in a crusade (just musing)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 852