Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 856709 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #8595 on: December 19, 2011, 05:02:28 pm »

The movie also focused on the action and put any message way in the back. And even then it was mostly segments paroding propaganda. Didn't say much on fascism, good or bad.

The movies are horrid, and are an example of "for sale to the highest bidder." The book was great. The first movie was actually not that bad. The second movie, "Hero of the Federation," tried and failed to be a messed up version of Apoc Now, whereby the Bugs secretly farmed humanity for food, and the wars were basically their dinner buffet.

The third movie.... [shivers]. The rights were purchased by nutjob christian fundies who made the whole  thing into a Jesus allegory right down to Rico being executed between two theives and "coming back from the dead," via secretly being saved from execution. The bugs are wrong because they believe in the wrong religion and this is said in the movie itself. BELIEF IN GOD, in and of itself, saved the human race by uniting it. Literally crosses on space ships..... I mean that, google the ending of that movie.....

The novel, which is still on the USAF reading list, was actually about how democracy imploded when people wanted everything and voted for it, but with resource scarcity had no way to provide it. Everyone fought a massive war for "their rights." It nearly destroyed the human race. From the ashes came the Federation, whereby service meant citizenship and voting. The ideas was that the military knew what was really involved with running stuff.... The book is nothing like the movie and is told in field campaign style from the eyes of Rico a la more or less his journal.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:05:17 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: December 19, 2011, 05:05:12 pm »

There was only one movie, and an animated series. Both were good (if in a completely different way from the book).

I will not here any talk of any other fake ripoffs that don't even exist.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: December 19, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »

There was only one movie, and an animated series. Both were good (if in a completely different way from the book).

I will not here any talk of any other fake ripoffs that don't even exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers_2:_Hero_of_the_Federation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers_3
"Holly becomes a Federal chaplain. Dozens of peace protesters are hanged in connection to the purported terrorist attack. The new Sky Marshal Phid, impressed with the way that Sky Marshal Anoke was rendered servile by the Arachnids' religion, decides the Federation should adopt a religion, and a Christian-esque religion is embraced by the Federation."

I wish they didn't exist either.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: December 19, 2011, 05:07:27 pm »

Sorry kid, linking to fake wiki articles about your fake fan movies means nothing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: December 19, 2011, 05:08:18 pm »

Sorry kid, linking to fake wiki articles about your fake fan movies means nothing.

O, these aren't mine. Heck no. [vomits at the thought].

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: December 19, 2011, 05:08:49 pm »

Links? I don't see any links.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: December 19, 2011, 05:09:27 pm »

...There were more than one movie?
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: December 19, 2011, 05:09:44 pm »

No.

Come on people, we CAN assert out collective will on realities. BELIEVE!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8603 on: December 19, 2011, 05:11:22 pm »

what? more than one movie? no, i hoped they did a sequel but in the end they did not.
pity, it was such a wonderful film.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: December 19, 2011, 05:14:10 pm »

I was just about to edit in that I meant that in an honest way, too. I really didn't know abou them.

Fortunate that they didn't exist.

Also and then Glyph was a Liar.
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: December 19, 2011, 05:14:55 pm »

Simply have faith in the Evolving Truth, and you will find nothing I say to be a lie.

Amen. Praise to Truth.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: December 19, 2011, 05:15:38 pm »

I was just about to edit in that I meant that in an honest way, too. I really didn't know abou them.

Fortunate that they didn't exist.

Also and then Glyph was a Liar.

No no, they are so horrid and stupid that the world would be better off if they were entirely forgotten. It's not even "so bad it's good," but rather just plain ole' shitty writing.

It's like The Noid, Virgina Wolf, or Paul Riesner's "Couplehood." Poison with only one cure, amnesia.

Please don't quote me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: December 19, 2011, 05:23:00 pm »

Nonono, Glyph is a Liar and they will make way for the Shadows and my bug will be captured and bled by giant spikes and Darvi will go into a coma and BDtheMag will be all martial arts and stuff and then the island will sink when Glyph leaves and we will have to take a submarine tincan and then we have to face Turkish Strife and save the world because Glyph evolved a Lie.
Love, scriver~

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: December 19, 2011, 05:31:37 pm »

Lies are sometimes awesome. Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Liberty and Justice for All....

Anything that gives me presents, chocolate, money, or false patriotism is ok. :)

This gives me some way to forget the movies crap foisted upon my eyes by someone pretending to make a book into a movie while spewing whatever that was at me. It was a punisher, a punisher of eyes.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: December 19, 2011, 05:40:13 pm »

No.

Come on people, we CAN assert out collective will on realities. BELIEVE!
Your surname isn't O'Brien by some strange coincidence, is it?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 852