Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 856941 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #8505 on: December 19, 2011, 12:34:42 am »

I honestly don't understand how these people manage to be alive, let alone possess large amounts of money and political clout.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #8506 on: December 19, 2011, 01:06:04 am »

You can just feel Wolf Blitzer's disbelief in what he's hearing, like he's about to either crack up laughing or lunge for Perry's throat.

I wonder if a child saying an Islamic prayer during school would still be an example of his "American ValuesTM".
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: December 19, 2011, 01:11:48 am »

I wonder if a child saying an Islamic prayer during school would still be an example of his "American ValuesTM".
[rickperry]No silly, that's the wrong kind of School Prayer! This is a christian nation and always has been, where majority rules and the 80% of christian americans will never bow to the demands of the liberal bias government media jacket bibletopia something grr gay people make me feel weird ban them.[/rickperry]

....Wow, that kind of imploded near the end.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: December 19, 2011, 01:14:03 am »

A humorous parody of that ad.

I honestly don't understand how these people manage to be alive, let alone possess large amounts of money and political clout.
You said it. I couldn't see him functioning in modern society sans politics.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: December 19, 2011, 01:27:21 am »

Freedom of religion to him means HIS religion. There are no others. The first commandment is the worst commandment, "Thou shalt have no other God before me." Other people have that right and choice, should they so desire....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: December 19, 2011, 01:35:41 am »

I consider myself outside of the Abrahamic God's sovereignty, so I don't care what Rick Parody has to say about how everyone should be like him. If he wants to dispute that, he can take me to court.

On the other hand, as an enemy combatant I don't think I would have to follow Rick's insane ramblings if he somehow became president and tried to arrest all those weird different people.

Sometimes I think that we live in the wacky alternate universe, and there's a sane reality somewhere. Not here! In this universe, George W. Bush won his re-election campaign! Universal healthcare is seen as a crime against freedom by many people! Instead of elections, we hold debates between morons!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: December 19, 2011, 01:40:27 am »

You know what's sad? With everything that's happened I almost kind of miss Bush now. I really do.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: December 19, 2011, 01:44:55 am »

You know what's sad? With everything that's happened I almost kind of miss Bush now. I really do.
If we're going for past presidents, T.R. was a pretty rad dude, what with his progressivism and his willingness to do whatever it took to actually get stuff done. The right stuff. (While not trampling over the Constitution.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: December 19, 2011, 04:02:41 am »

Sometimes I think that we live in the wacky alternate universe, and there's a sane reality somewhere. Not here! In this universe, George W. Bush won his re-election campaign! Universal healthcare is seen as a crime against freedom by many people! Instead of elections, we hold debates between morons!

This has become my current worldview.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: December 19, 2011, 04:27:59 am »

Could be worse, you could be North Korean. I mean, shits probably gonna hit the fan bigtime there now that the Glorious Leader has copped it.
This is a blank sig.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #8515 on: December 19, 2011, 04:57:12 am »

Instead of elections, we hold debates between morons!
What debates? All I see is a bunch of circlejerking Republicans.

Except for Ron Paul, really... How the fuck does he manage to stay sane surrounded with all that?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: December 19, 2011, 06:42:03 am »

Doesn't have to stay sane, just have to be slightly-less-insane to look sane by contrast.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: December 19, 2011, 08:33:20 am »

Doesn't have to stay sane, just have to be slightly-less-insane to look sane by contrast.

He also knows he doesn't really have a chance, or at least he's so used to losing at this point that it doesn't phase him.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8518 on: December 19, 2011, 09:27:40 am »

Instead of elections, we hold debates between morons!
What debates? All I see is a bunch of circlejerking Republicans.

Except for Ron Paul, really... How the fuck does he manage to stay sane surrounded with all that?
um... you have not really studied ron paul all that well have you? His politics are demonstably insane. His position as a radical christian theocrat is in conflict with his worship of ayn rand and objectivist nihilism. His claim of constitutional advocacy is in direct conflict with his attempts to destroy the bill of rights and other ammendments on the state level.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: December 19, 2011, 09:39:45 am »

I miss Bill Clinton. He made me laugh in a more innocent way, not with disbelief at the sort of mess your current crop of nutcases are turning your country into.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 852