Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 857526 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #8250 on: December 13, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/illinois-teen-learns-bank-fees-hard-way-154654489.html

Actually no, older generation, we're ... teaching... you... about banks.... That's right kids, save what little money you have and be charged over 20x as much as you had. You only get the bank to waive the fees if you make a national case out of it.

Imagine all the people who don't/can't and just get stuck with the fees...?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8251 on: December 13, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »

and as my grandmother used to say:
"keep your money under your bed. keep it behind your drawings, keep it wherever you want, but for the love of god don't let the banks or the government get a sniff on it! they are the worst kind of thiefs: the legal ones"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: December 13, 2011, 04:11:34 pm »

x2 Debate Combo!!!

As long as we're going with the environment, Canada's out of the Kyoto Protocol business. Not exactly a shocking turn of events if you've been following Canadian politics, but I do believe this is rage worthy?

I think Stephen Harper should accept the protocol instead of backing out to make one that fits around what they are already doing. We may be a mineral mining country, but that doesn't mean that we can't change the way we extract materials to meet the protocol.

I think it's just to save money and make money in Canada. I understand that there is a market depression, but we accepted the protocol in the first place.

http://news.yahoo.com/illinois-teen-learns-bank-fees-hard-way-154654489.html

Actually no, older generation, we're ... teaching... you... about banks.... That's right kids, save what little money you have and be charged over 20x as much as you had. You only get the bank to waive the fees if you make a national case out of it.

Imagine all the people who don't/can't and just get stuck with the fees...?

I'm amazed that people haven't called them on that outrageous policy. Being put into overdraft by a machine, and being charged for it is stupid. They should have called him to let him know what was happening, even an automated message would have worked.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: December 13, 2011, 04:16:49 pm »

Actually, I'm pretty surprised this seems to be so common. I'm in a standard big bank, and since I'm still young (under 25) my bank doesn't charge me anything at all.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: December 13, 2011, 05:09:00 pm »

I have $15-ish in my credit union, and the only notices I get from them are telling me that I've gained a penny or two in interest.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: December 13, 2011, 05:21:05 pm »

As long as we're going with the environment, Canada's out of the Kyoto Protocol business. Not exactly a shocking turn of events if you've been following Canadian politics, but I do believe this is rage worthy?

I'd love to see some meme go viral featuring an anthropomorphic scrawny Canada saying  "We don't want to do it because kyoto is haaaaard." (whine)

I wish politicians could be humiliated into doing the right thing, but that would require them to have shame.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: December 13, 2011, 07:32:29 pm »

I'd love to see some meme go viral featuring an anthropomorphic scrawny Canada saying  "We don't want to do it because kyoto is haaaaard." (whine)

I wish politicians could be humiliated into doing the right thing, but that would require them to have shame fear of not being reelected.

Fixed that for you? :)

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: December 13, 2011, 07:35:13 pm »

I wish politicians could be humiliated into doing the right thing, but that would require them to have shame fear of losing the money from not being reelected.

Fixed that for you? :)

I also fixed that for you.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: December 13, 2011, 09:32:53 pm »

Yay for the above, boo for the below (not you next poster, I by definition don't know you you are, but I only mean this link I post).

http://unicornbooty.com/blog/2011/12/13/mitt-romney-adopts-ku-klux-klan-slogan-keep-america-american/

Please don't quote me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: December 13, 2011, 09:41:27 pm »

...He is not my favourite Republican candidate any more.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: December 13, 2011, 09:43:32 pm »

...He is not my favourite a Republican candidate any more.

Pretty sure shit like that is completely unrecoverable. Fellow's lost any chance he had.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: December 13, 2011, 10:27:40 pm »

Watch as he suddenly gains popularity.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: December 13, 2011, 10:30:56 pm »

Yay for the above, boo for the below (not you next poster, I by definition don't know you you are, but I only mean this link I post).

http://unicornbooty.com/blog/2011/12/13/mitt-romney-adopts-ku-klux-klan-slogan-keep-america-american/
Except that's not true. He says: "Keep America America" not "American". That makes a large difference, as what he actually said is a lame "good old days" fallacy instead of the motto of the KKK.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: December 13, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »

Hahahahaha in the video he claims "America a force for good in the world like no other". I have to give it to them that Iran-Contra was pretty unique all right.
Sad that people buy wholeheartedly into it, but still funny in a macabre way.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:34:34 am by Truean »

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 852