Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 853533 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Chill and Relaxed Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #5325 on: September 27, 2011, 02:21:44 pm »

Unfortunately, it's the way the world works.

Ghandi (correct me if I'm wrong) said it best: "first, they ignore us, then, they laugh at us, then, they attack us, then we win."

It's interesting how quickly they've been moving to the attack part recently, though. It's a sign of deepening oppression.
Nothing important here, move along.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: September 27, 2011, 03:19:01 pm »

Seriously, what about mixed people?  Average across the two prices?  That could get dicey...
"Mixed people" (which sounds like they are mixed up, or not right in their minds, so I'm looking for a better word) belong to neither racial group and as a result are usualy stigmatized by both. If anything they should get better prices...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: September 27, 2011, 03:34:55 pm »

Watching Gasland. More incoherent RAAAEG!
Love, scriver~

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: September 27, 2011, 03:53:25 pm »

Seriously, what about mixed people?  Average across the two prices?  That could get dicey...
"Mixed people" (which sounds like they are mixed up, or not right in their minds, so I'm looking for a better word) belong to neither racial group and as a result are usualy stigmatized by both. If anything they should get better prices...
I've always preferred "hybrid" but that seems to have gotten many bad responses... (it works though!  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hybrid :: an offspring of two animals or plants of different races, breeds, varieties, species, or genera)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: September 27, 2011, 04:01:00 pm »

Chimera works with 3+ races!

...though I think we're getting worse, not better.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: September 27, 2011, 04:01:56 pm »

hybrid makes it sound even more abnormal, even more out of place, like a thing that should not be. "mixed people" is also strange, one can identify black features, caucasian features and asian features, but most people don't clearly fit in one category, and i doubt anyone can reasonably claim genetic purity

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: September 27, 2011, 04:21:38 pm »

"Multi-ethnic" might work. That's not negative, although its the kind of word that makes the person saying it sound like kind of a douche.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: September 27, 2011, 04:25:08 pm »

That it doesn't matter is what you think until you can't place someone.
I once met a guy who even introduced himself with his race because everyone was confused in what "box" to put him when you met him: A quarter each of danish, polish, jamaican and chinese. Personally I was very disappointed in myself, as I caught myself wondering about what he was, as well.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: September 27, 2011, 06:00:03 pm »

Vector, do you mind if I make a conservative version of this thread?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: September 27, 2011, 06:20:11 pm »

I don't think you need to ask Vector's permission for that. Not entirely sure how popular it would be, though. And then we could rage about your thread, good fun all around!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: September 27, 2011, 06:23:33 pm »

Hmm, OK then!
I'm blaming you if Vector yells at me though >.>
And meh, I'm sure there are a few other conservatives on the forums here who would enjoy a good rage and ensuing intellectual debate.

Oh! Yah, I forgot, I wanted to use Vector's rules.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: September 27, 2011, 09:45:03 pm »

You do know that conservatives are allowed to bring their arguments here as well, right?  "Progressive" mostly means that we're interested in deconstructing racism, sexism, etc., though of course that isn't everything.

But sure.  Start your thread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: September 27, 2011, 10:52:36 pm »

Sad I haven't had the time to participate in this thread in a while.  Shaking with rage right now and just need to share something.

http://gawker.com/5825010/police-beat-gentle-homeless-mentally-ill-man-to-death

I have a question to go along with it.

I have a really hard time dealing emotionally with the fact that so many people just stood around watching this happen.  If those murderers weren't wearing badges, intervening would be considered the right thing to do.  I've already argued with one friend about this.  Most people's attitude seems to be that just because they are wearing badges, standing nearby and shaking your head is the acceptable response.  Really?  Does no one else have a problem with this?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: September 27, 2011, 11:00:32 pm »

The police action at the Wall Street Protests makes me impossibly angry. I snapped my pen in half while I was reading that last link. There is no way in hell my countrymen are doing such things to innocent civilians without consequences. Time for me to help out with these protests in some way. I have to do something.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 852