Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 855311 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Chill and Relaxed Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #4545 on: August 29, 2011, 08:31:00 pm »

Yeah, damn the U.S. for doing the same goddamn thing it's always done when there's a large immigration! America belongs to Native Americans! Oh wait...

the blog glyph gryph linked also has a great article on the bayonneta series, which is worth checking out (the article, not the stupid hair shit).

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: August 29, 2011, 08:35:23 pm »

Man, it would be nice to live in a country where blackouts were uncommon enough to argue about. Nice indeed.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: August 29, 2011, 08:42:32 pm »

Actually, bringing up India (is that where Japa lives? From pictures it seemed vaguely like India, but I could be wrong), one thing I do think is stupid is the OUTSOURCING of jobs, but I can't for the life of me think of a way to regulate it. I agree the U.S. could stand to lower some more absurd union standard stuff (prevailing wage in major cities for contracting approaches 50 dollars/hour. Encouraging small, non-union business? Maybe not.), but you simply can't do that in the U.S. economy because it's too expensive to live here. Telecommunications are essential to getting a job here, while in other countries (okay, this mostly applies to african nations that receive no outsourcing, but it's an example), it's not necessary or available (which, don't get me wrong, should be fixed). That's a small example (and a quick one).

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: August 29, 2011, 08:56:26 pm »

I admit that chainmail bikinis are a problem (Along with cloth ones) in fantasy settings, but really, that blog was getting a little bit nitpicky with some of those pictures. Just from that one article, the author gives me the feeling that they don't want anything that could be easily identified as female in a game/fantasy setting. In fact, the one picture on that article that was approved of was identified in the comments to actually be male. 

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #4549 on: August 29, 2011, 08:57:19 pm »

Actually, bringing up India (is that where Japa lives? From pictures it seemed vaguely like India, but I could be wrong), one thing I do think is stupid is the OUTSOURCING of jobs, but I can't for the life of me think of a way to regulate it. I agree the U.S. could stand to lower some more absurd union standard stuff (prevailing wage in major cities for contracting approaches 50 dollars/hour. Encouraging small, non-union business? Maybe not.), but you simply can't do that in the U.S. economy because it's too expensive to live here. Telecommunications are essential to getting a job here, while in other countries (okay, this mostly applies to african nations that receive no outsourcing, but it's an example), it's not necessary or available (which, don't get me wrong, should be fixed). That's a small example (and a quick one).
Tariffs on importing. Protectionism, basically.

Also, no corporate taxes and no minimum wage could work well to encourage corporations to be in the US.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: August 29, 2011, 09:01:51 pm »

Also, no corporate taxes and no minimum wage could work well to encourage corporations to be in the US.
Or, we see to it that every other nation in the world becomes unionized and gets comparable corporate laws, taxes, and minimum wage rates as us.
Nothing important here, move along.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: August 29, 2011, 09:03:42 pm »

*chokes on tongue in rage* Unions were made for a reason!

Fake Edit: ninja'd

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: August 29, 2011, 09:05:46 pm »

Just from that one article, the author gives me the feeling that they don't want anything that could be easily identified as female in a game/fantasy setting. In fact, the one picture on that article that was approved of was identified in the comments to actually be male.

If you need enormous spherical tits to recognize a woman, I suspect some issues are at hand.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #4553 on: August 29, 2011, 09:08:29 pm »

Yeah, and? I don't see where you're going. Unions exist to negotiate wages and other worker conditions.

Also, changing the world to fit your needs never worked in the past, and it won't work now.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: August 29, 2011, 09:08:52 pm »

Just from that one article, the author gives me the feeling that they don't want anything that could be easily identified as female in a game/fantasy setting. In fact, the one picture on that article that was approved of was identified in the comments to actually be male.

If you need enormous spherical tits to recognize a woman, I suspect some issues are at hand.

If you feel it's wrong for any curve or skin of a woman to show, I've got some property in the middle east I'd like to sell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: August 29, 2011, 09:09:57 pm »

Middle ground.

Also, it'd be great to see a woman fully clothed in clothing that doesn't look like it's painted on once in a while.  Not always.  Sometimes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: August 29, 2011, 09:11:43 pm »

Personally, I find fully clothed girls more attractive than ones in slut-wear.

maybe I'm weird like that.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: August 29, 2011, 09:13:53 pm »

Yeah, and? I don't see where you're going. Unions exist to negotiate wages and other worker conditions.

Also, changing the world to fit your needs never worked in the past, and it won't work now.

Yes, but back in the day before unions corporations would pay their works pennies on the hour because they could. They do not need incentives, that's what governments have been trying to do for the past 12 years and big business has still screwed them over every chance they get. They need to have the screws taken to them.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #4558 on: August 29, 2011, 09:18:48 pm »

Yes, but back in the day before unions corporations would pay their works pennies on the hour because they could. They do not need incentives, that's what governments have been trying to do for the past 12 years and big business has still screwed them over every chance they get. They need to have the screws taken to them.
I still don't see any disagreement you may have with me. I fully support unions.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: August 29, 2011, 09:19:08 pm »

I don't mind middle ground, but with that article the only picture of a female she actually approved of was actually a male. A very androgynous looking male, admittedly, but still.

I actually like seeing realistic clothes as well. But showing skin just isn't necessarily bad. I very rarely see anyone complain when you have a male character in similar states of undress. It happens a lot less though.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 852