Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 855761 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #2895 on: August 08, 2011, 06:25:10 am »

And... so? Does that make any male likely to be a sexual predator, enough so to be considered a brute rapist?

As I said, carefulness is one thing, being a dickhead is another. I understand perfectly if a woman doesn't want to take a drink I offer her or want me to take her home. But the discrimination I talked about has nothing to do with sexual violence, as far as I know. It has something to do with their attitude - anything I say is likely to be wrong, and if I consider them to be wrong, it's because I'm male and "male gender will never understand" or "your gender's behind <evil thing X>".

That means that there is a culture of rape and misogyny in America. Your gender is behind evil things. Your gender is a intricate part of that culture who's criticism you're mocking with vague straw man argument. I'm not saying all men are brute rapists, I'm saying that you have a despicable culture and you are defending it by marginalizing feminists as vapid, discriminatory idiots.

There is something fucking wrong with the world. And if you can't see that, I relly don't know what to say.

So, you're honestly saying that you support discrimination, sexism, and hatred between the sexes? And what is the "culture" you call despicable? My culture? Or "male culture"?

EDIT: Also note - I do not consider all feminists to be idiots, for I am one myself. Read my post about it a few pages back. I consider the feminists who discriminate against males to be rude hypocrites.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:31:20 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: August 08, 2011, 06:31:18 am »

So, you're honestly saying that you support discrimination, sexism, and hatred between the sexes?

Where the hell are you getting this from? Are you saying that making reference to any of the amazing injustices that get posted frequently in this thread is discriminatory?

And what is the "culture" you call despicable? My culture? Or "male culture"?

Your culture, my culture, Western culture! Supporting gender inequality for hundreds of years!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: August 08, 2011, 06:43:39 am »

So, you're honestly saying that you support discrimination, sexism, and hatred between the sexes?

Where the hell are you getting this from? Are you saying that making reference to any of the amazing injustices that get posted frequently in this thread is discriminatory?

Why, that's exactly what you're saying. My gender is behind evil things, and if I'm defending myself against discrimination, I'm defending a culture of evil. Also, labelling the entire Western culture as supporting gender inequality is unfounded.

And what is the "culture" you call despicable? My culture? Or "male culture"?

Your culture, my culture, Western culture! Supporting gender inequality for hundreds of years!

Western culture? Rape is against our culture. That's why it's a punishable offense. You'll also note that rape is much more common in Africa, although arguably that's because of Western culture as well. Gender discrimination is also illegal in our culture, at least nominally. Back to what started this discussion: I'm just pissed off that people who claim to be in favor of gender equality reserve themselves the right to practice gender discrimination themselves. I'm not being taken seriously by some feminists because I'm male. Some chauvinists don't take women seriously. And there seem to be people who think women should be allowed to discriminate against men - again, I see that as sexist.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: August 08, 2011, 06:54:41 am »

I call troll. Stop that.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: August 08, 2011, 06:57:16 am »

Just, completely out of context and not being involved in this argument at all, that looks completely valid. Western culture has supported gender inequality for hundreds of years.

Also, even if he is being dumb, that doesn't mean he's being a troll. That word's bandied about so much its meaning is starting to become a bit muddled.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: August 08, 2011, 06:58:01 am »

There is something fucking wrong with the world. And if you can't see that, I relly don't know what to say.

And is it wrong because there are men, or is it wrong because there are people who do wrong things, who happen to also be men?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:47 am »

Just, completely out of context and not being involved in this argument at all, that looks completely valid. Western culture has supported gender inequality for hundreds of years.
In that case, Realmfighter, please name me another culture that has instituted women's suffrage, and made discrimination against race and religion illegal.
So yeah, either dumb or troll, but I deleted the "or really stupid" from my post because ad hominems are not really constructive either.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:54 am »

On the other hand, we can consider Western culture to be slanted towards men. But even then, what could I, as a single person, do? Nothing I don't do already. I already do my best to treat male and female people equally. Then again, it's really hard to be tolerant when there's a group of people who don't tolerate you...

Eventually, I think anti-male feminism is about as effective in preventing gender inequality as a white supremacy gang is in preventing racial hatred.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: August 08, 2011, 07:05:04 am »

Anti-male sounds like an extreme point of view, and there's nothing good about that. Anti-particular males, I can see, but anti-male, well, I don't think anyone here's advocating that.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: August 08, 2011, 07:08:35 am »

You haven't been reading the last page?
Virex has been defending anti-male behaviour, and Realm just topped that by a tenfold, although I'm still waiting for a "I was being sarcastic didn't you guys see that?" kind of reply from him.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: August 08, 2011, 07:12:22 am »

Western culture? Rape is against our culture. That's why it's a punishable offense.

Before I respond to everything else, one in six. Just sayin'.

I call troll. Stop that.
Yes sir. (In light of other shit, I will stop making witty, slight inane one liners sir yes sir)

Why, that's exactly what you're saying. My gender is behind evil things, and if I'm defending myself against discrimination, I'm defending a culture of evil. Also, labelling the entire Western culture as supporting gender inequality is unfounded.

So, saying that Western Civilization doesn't have the best record in terms of gender equality is discrimination?

Western culture? Rape is against our culture. That's why it's a punishable offense. You'll also note that rape is much more common in Africa, although arguably that's because of Western culture as well. Gender discrimination is also illegal in our culture, at least nominally. Back to what started this discussion: I'm just pissed off that people who claim to be in favor of gender equality reserve themselves the right to practice gender discrimination themselves. I'm not being taken seriously by some feminists because I'm male. Some chauvinists don't take women seriously. And there seem to be people who think women should be allowed to discriminate against men - again, I see that as sexist.

Africa-Just because we're not the worst doesn't mean we're good
Gender Discrimination-Your entire argument has been that (Some) Feminists Discriminate against you.
Feminist- I only consider people feminist if they're arguing for gender equality.

And is it wrong because there are men, or is it wrong because there are people who do wrong things, who happen to also be men?

It's wrong because there are men and women who accept wrongness as right

In that case, Realmfighter, please name me another culture that has instituted women's suffrage, and made discrimination against race and religion illegal.
So yeah, either dumb or troll, but I deleted the "or really stupid" from my post because ad hominems are not really constructive either.

I was saying it support gender inequality. Just because there's worse doesn't make us perfect.

On the other hand, we can consider Western culture to be slanted towards men. But even then, what could I, as a single person, do?

Debate on the internet?

Eventually, I think anti-male feminism is about as effective in preventing gender inequality as a white supremacy gang is in preventing racial hatred.

Anti-male sounds like an extreme point of view, and there's nothing good about that. Anti-particular males, I can see, but anti-male, well, I don't think anyone here's advocating that.

Jackrabbit seems to have wrapped that last point up nicely! now if you could all stop posting....

You haven't been reading the last page?
Virex has been defending anti-male behaviour, and Realm just topped that by a tenfold, although I'm still waiting for a "I was being sarcastic didn't you guys see that?" kind of reply from him.

So that's what the insane levels of victimization was about!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: August 08, 2011, 07:14:01 am »

Um, actually, the entire debate started with me lamenting about feminism containing two subsets I don't like, one of them being the anti-male, and Virex responded that he has no problem with anti-male discrimination. So, not necessarily "advocating", but at least "approval" is present in this thread.

And Realmfighter... the "one in six" argument is flawed. First, I haven't seen any statistical data about it yet, so you could just be making it up. Secondly, it has no bearing to culture whatsoever - we have relatively many drunken stabbings here in Finland but they are not culturally acceptable. So try harder.

And yes, labeling people and cultures evil is discrimination.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:19:10 am by Kay12 »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: August 08, 2011, 07:15:45 am »

Western culture? Rape is against our culture. That's why it's a punishable offense.

Before I respond to everything else, one in six. Just sayin'.

I... don't get what you're saying. Are you saying because it's so common, it is part of our culture? Because if so, that's fucking ridiculous. Rape is completely socially unacceptable, nobody advocates it except rapists.

If not I don't get why you brought it up.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: August 08, 2011, 07:19:13 am »

Your gender is behind evil things.
So that's what the insane levels of victimization was about!
Yeah, weird, huh?  ::)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: August 08, 2011, 07:21:14 am »

I... don't get what you're saying. Are you saying because it's so common, it is part of our culture? Because if so, that's fucking ridiculous. Rape is completely socially unacceptable, nobody advocates it except rapists.

If not I don't get why you brought it up.

The point is if rape was completely unacceptable then there wouldn't be those statistics, there would only be scattered cases of rape quickly cracked down upon because the only ones who would rape would be those who were truly sick and unable to stop themselves or unable to care.

Your gender is behind evil things.
Yeah, weird, huh?  ::)

Well to be fair, my broad generalization of your X does evil things works with just about anything ::)
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 852