Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 853847 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #2430 on: July 28, 2011, 04:18:24 am »

I own a lot of thier vinyl stuff. It is beautiful. Freddie Mercury singing about how much he loves women with fat bottoms is a joy (Bicicle race, and fat bottomed girls, unsuprisingly).

But yea, Seven Seas of Rhye for me is queen at thier best. That or '39 as the Physicist in me loves a song about relativistic time dilation.
This is a blank sig.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: July 28, 2011, 06:37:21 am »

Fighting the fight, and doing it WRONG:

Personal story from an author whose fiction I read (oh, and she was a he, and it's about a friend of hers, if anyone is confused): http://www.talesofmu.com/story/blog/an-important-and-personal-note

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: July 28, 2011, 07:41:00 am »

"We perceived, I mean, I think when it became obvious that Freddie was homosexual, we perceived a noticeable dropping of interest."
But... the band is called Queen.  I'm pretty sure Freddy Mercury was a gay icon from the moment the band rose to fame.  Just how slow are homophobes?

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: July 28, 2011, 07:51:30 am »

"We perceived, I mean, I think when it became obvious that Freddie was homosexual, we perceived a noticeable dropping of interest."
But... the band is called Queen.  I'm pretty sure Freddy Mercury was a gay icon from the moment the band rose to fame.  Just how slow are homophobes?
Well, they still haven't caught up with the rest of the 21st century, so I'd say pretty damn slow.

Also 70's Queen is the best, in my humble opinion - Queen II is actually one of my favourite albums thanks to the obvious prog influences.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: July 28, 2011, 08:18:13 am »

Tie your mother down, she aint no friend of mine.......
This is a blank sig.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: July 28, 2011, 08:45:41 am »

I own a lot of thier vinyl stuff. It is beautiful. Freddie Mercury singing about how much he loves women with fat bottoms is a joy (Bicicle race, and fat bottomed girls, unsuprisingly).

But yea, Seven Seas of Rhye for me is queen at thier best. That or '39 as the Physicist in me loves a song about relativistic time dilation.

That song is my favourite too. I've never met another person who liked it that much. (Seven Seas of Rhye, I mean.)

And back on to the topic, I didn't know any of the band were homosexuals until today. Didn't do anything other than remember the name, though. To be honest, though, I didn't really put voices to people. Just liked the song, couldn't really care less about the artists :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:47:18 am by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: July 28, 2011, 08:49:55 am »

I think I saw a TV special on the band when I was a little kid, and my mother identified them for me as gay ::)  I believe we than proceeded to have an extremely offensive conversation about gay men and promiscuity.  Go, mom, go...

And that article is horrible.  Thanks for sharing it, though, Siquo.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: July 28, 2011, 09:01:32 am »

You might like the fiction she writes, too, I was just looking for an excuse to promote my favourite transsexual author ;)
A bit explicit or soapy for some people's tastes, but the fantasy-setting, world, cultures, humour, and magic systems she created makes up for that.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: July 28, 2011, 09:34:35 am »

Yeah, I was actually hoping I'd be able to find some books by trans or gay people.  Math textbooks don't count for this purpose >_____________>

So, I'll probably read some of that in the next while.  Can't be much worse than the other stuff I read.  She publishes online, right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: July 28, 2011, 09:52:12 am »

Just start here. It's more like a webcomic-without-pictures, I guess. Or "crowdfunded web-lit". She did it the Toady One-way: quit her job, gives her product away for free, and lives off of donations.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: July 28, 2011, 10:49:10 am »

Yeah, I was actually hoping I'd be able to find some books by trans or gay people.  Math textbooks don't count for this purpose >_____________>

So, I'll probably read some of that in the next while.  Can't be much worse than the other stuff I read.  She publishes online, right?
The creator of Unicorn Jelly did some stuff, she made a website
http://transsexual.org/
She actually has a string of websites, and wrote a couple of pretty good books as well as a whole bunch of webcomics.
Her transition story can be read here.
It's real tear jerker stuff.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: July 28, 2011, 12:59:44 pm »

She actually has a string of websites, and wrote a couple of pretty good books as well as a whole bunch of webcomics.

The author's experience confiding in a teacher (also a nun):
"Her express advice was very straightforward. I was utterly consumed by evil, and was inherently a creature of Satan. However, she felt that I must have some slight degree of goodness left in me, and so I should follow her advice. I should quietly commit suicide instead of undergoing a sex change. This would prevent my very existence from acting as a corrupting spiritual influence that would certainly condemn innocent children yet unborn to hell. If I had any love or goodness in me at all, I would leave immediately and kill myself. Of course, she offered, I would burn in hell forever, but at least I would have made one noble sacrifice to protect future generations. God would have no mercy for one such as I, but at least it would be the right thing to do."

Yup.... I once sobbingly told a psychiatrist I was gay in a therapy session. Her response:

"You're such a nice boy.... I'm so sorry; I really wish you weren't going to hell...." ???
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: July 28, 2011, 01:03:28 pm »

I hope you got a new one.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: July 28, 2011, 01:16:12 pm »

Had they only put rational thinking before their faith... but people don't.
They put their feeling, faith, and instinct before their logic, and rather act on whim than wisdom.

They buy games before knowledge, favor actors and singers before scientist and mathematicians, and priests before teachers.

I hate priests with a passion. When you say something, you are to be held accountable for your word, and must be able to prove it.
Priest have been the wise-men when we knew little, but now that we know a lot their are fools.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: July 28, 2011, 02:08:29 pm »

The author's experience confiding in a teacher (also a nun):
"Her express advice was very straightforward. I was utterly consumed by evil, and was inherently a creature of Satan. However, she felt that I must have some slight degree of goodness left in me, and so I should follow her advice. I should quietly commit suicide instead of undergoing a sex change. This would prevent my very existence from acting as a corrupting spiritual influence that would certainly condemn innocent children yet unborn to hell. If I had any love or goodness in me at all, I would leave immediately and kill myself. Of course, she offered, I would burn in hell forever, but at least I would have made one noble sacrifice to protect future generations. God would have no mercy for one such as I, but at least it would be the right thing to do."

Yup.... I once sobbingly told a psychiatrist I was gay in a therapy session. Her response:

"You're such a nice boy.... I'm so sorry; I really wish you weren't going to hell...." ???
That's so utterly awful it's almost surreal. I honestly can't imagine anyone actually saying that with conviction.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 852