Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 854688 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #2130 on: July 23, 2011, 05:11:28 pm »

I'm an anarchist.  I'm believe in freedom to a much greater extent than most people.

I am sorta objecting to in the sense that I believe you should rather say you believe strongly in a different definition of freedom then most people.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: July 23, 2011, 05:29:28 pm »

I'm an anarchist.  I'm believe in freedom to a much greater extent than most people.

I am sorta objecting to in the sense that I believe you should rather say you believe strongly in a different definition of freedom then most people.

You may be right there.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: July 23, 2011, 05:47:53 pm »

The private member's bill was submitted by MP David Bahati in Uganda on 14 October 2009.[1] Homosexuality is currently illegal in Uganda—as it is in many sub-Saharan African countries—punishable by incarceration in prison for up to 14 years. The proposed legislation in Uganda, however, has been noted by several news agencies to be inspired by American evangelical Christians. A special motion to introduce the legislation was passed a month after a two-day conference was held in which three American Christians asserted that homosexuality was a direct threat to the cohesion of African families.

From wikipedia : Apparently the bill that have been passed in Uganda has been inspired, backed and pushed by American evangelical Christian.

Hmmmmm, yes, rage indeed.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: July 23, 2011, 05:50:21 pm »

Wow, I didn't think it was possible for my baseline anger level to increase this much.

But apparently it is.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: July 23, 2011, 05:53:19 pm »

Freedom for you or freedom for everyone?

One way or another, you're limiting yourself somehow. In the first case you're absolutely free to do whatever you want..  rape whoever you want, kill whoever you want. But it doesn't make the society work in any sense, thus limiting your freedom to fly to the moon (as a bad example :P).

Latter one is limiting your freedom to make gazillion dwarfbucks, or your freedom to destroy any country you want with nuclear missiles in exchange for general happiness in the society and more freedom for everyone (as people don't have to worry about survival all the time, thus having more freedom to pursue their hobbies, for example).

Freedom is such a flexible term, don't you think?

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: July 23, 2011, 06:05:37 pm »

If you follow this link, it may increase yet again, sadly.
A testimony by Westboro baptist church leader. Those people are living in hell.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: July 23, 2011, 06:09:11 pm »

There aren't enough bullets to properly deal with the WBC and the Phelps klan "family"....

Anyone who is anti gay should note they are on the same side as that church and their picketing of American Soldier's Funerals....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 23, 2011, 06:11:01 pm »

There aren't enough bullets to properly deal with the WBC and the Phelps klan "family"....
There is just the father to blame. Maybe a few accomplice, but mainly a obsessive madman with an ego problem.
A classic, regarding of dysfunctional group or familly.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: July 23, 2011, 06:12:28 pm »

Anyone who is anti gay should note they are on the same side as that church and their picketing of American Soldier's Funerals....
Ah, most people, when told that, pull a No True Scotsman, but it all boils down to the same thing. Using the Christian religion to claim a moral high ground over LGBTs implies your God demands you assume that high ground, and you shouldn't treat them equally.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: July 23, 2011, 06:13:13 pm »

There is just the father to blame. Maybe a few accomplice, but mainly a obsessive madman with an ego problem.
A classic, regarding of dysfunctional group or familly.

O no.... No.... The daughters are attorneys and they are experts and screwing everyone else over. They sue on behalf of the church.... I'd be envious of that skill level if they weren't such bastards about it. Gotta give the devil her due and all....

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: July 23, 2011, 06:15:46 pm »

hehehe... you've never seen me talk about my beliefs before, apparently

Disclaimer:  This post is to mitigate the likelihood of incidents such as this in the future.

Anarchy literally means "Without Rulers"

I believe in equal rights for everyone, which means absolute freedom for no one.  Note the distinction in terms here.  Rights = How society allows people to act, and acts that society promises to protect people against.  Freedom = The intrinsic ability of every person to act however they choose, even in the face of illegality and overwhelming consequences... the choice always remains.  This is too often forgotten.

We live in a society that is built on social hierarchies which grant small portions of the population greater rights than the rest, and even the ability to get away with acting outside of their supposed rights.  I am opposed to this.  That is the core of what I mean when I say that I'm an anarchist.  When I say that I believe in freedom to a greater extent than most, it's because the vast majority of people don't enjoy the rights that they deserve and often aren't even aware of what they're missing.  I believe that we should be exercising our freedoms to secure the rights that we deserve, which is only possible in a world with "no rulers".
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: July 23, 2011, 06:20:57 pm »

hehehe... you've never seen me talk about my beliefs before, apparently

Disclaimer:  This post is to mitigate the likelihood of incidents such as this in the future.

Anarchy literally means "Without Rulers"

I believe in equal rights for everyone, which means absolute freedom for no one.  Note the distinction in terms here.  Rights = How society allows people to act, and acts that society promises to protect people against.  Freedom = The intrinsic ability of every person to act however they choose, even in the face of illegality and overwhelming consequences... the choice always remains.  This is too often forgotten.

We live in a society that is built on social hierarchies which grant small portions of the population greater rights than the rest, and even the ability to get away with acting outside of their supposed rights.  I am opposed to this.  That is the core of what I mean when I say that I'm an anarchist.  When I say that I believe in freedom to a greater extent than most, it's because the vast majority of people don't enjoy the rights that they deserve and often aren't even aware of what they're missing.  I believe that we should be exercising our freedoms to secure the rights that we deserve, which is only possible in a world with "no rulers".

Eh, in an ideal society perhaps, but you know people are crazy right? We wouldn't have rules and rulers if we didn't need them.... I honestly don't think society can function without these things. Do you?

Take a look at Wall St./Banks right now and how they've screwed up the entire country. We need a lot more rules for those people... rather than less rules.

Please don't quote me.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: July 23, 2011, 06:22:21 pm »

So you're a Veternarist, SalmonGod?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: July 23, 2011, 06:22:55 pm »

Take a look at Wall St./Banks right now and how they've screwed up the entire country. We need a lot more rules for those people... rather than less rules.

Those are exactly the people I see as part of the ruling class...
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: July 23, 2011, 06:23:56 pm »

So you're a Veternarist, SalmonGod?

I'm unfamiliar with this term, and it didn't get me a single google result...

Edit:  Ack sorry careless double post
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 06:29:33 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 852