Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 856152 times)

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #1500 on: July 10, 2011, 11:04:46 pm »

I'm not exactly sure how that would work in practice but meh. It's a start.

Same as everyone else; eye contact. I've been hit on by a male at work couple times, and you can see it in their eyes just the same as you can in a female. I just politely say something in lines with: "Wrong sex, sorry" and we continue our lives.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 10, 2011, 11:15:10 pm »

It's just weird relating to straight males, or even people in general, cause what we really need as a new sort of etiquette.

The gays need to figure out that the straight guys aren't worth hitting on due to the fact that they will never love you back, so why would you wanna.

The straight peoples need to figure out the gays should be able to show they are gay so that other gays will know who to hit on.

I'm not exactly sure how that would work in practice but meh. It's a start.

Truean, why do your posts always hurt my head, regardless of length?

I'm selling Advil on commission! Drumming up business can be fun, for me at least.... :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 10, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »

That's a... very good question, actually, although I'm wondering if you're asking the right person. Why do they hurt your head? I can't see any reason for them to be doing so. Are you commenting on his writing style, the content, or what? Because they generally seem pretty coherent to me.

Sometimes his ideas just don't make sense, and it takes me ages to wrap my head around them.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 10, 2011, 11:17:38 pm »

That's a... very good question, actually, although I'm wondering if you're asking the right person. Why do they hurt your head? I can't see any reason for them to be doing so. Are you commenting on his writing style, the content, or what? Because they generally seem pretty coherent to me.

Sometimes his ideas just don't make sense, and it takes me ages to wrap my head around them.

How so? The last one about a new way of dealing with gays in society basically makes it so gays know who to hit on (other gays) and that way we don't bother you straight guys. Everyone is happier. You don't get hit on; I get to be gay in peace; and other gay guys know to flirt with me instead of you. :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:21:16 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 10, 2011, 11:21:19 pm »

How so?

I don't know how to explain it, its almost like you post something, and it takes me multiple reads to be able to say "oh, that's what he meant".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 10, 2011, 11:23:42 pm »

How so?

I don't know how to explain it, its almost like you post something, and it takes me multiple reads to be able to say "oh, that's what he meant".

Cultural differences, side effect of legal training, different writing styles, who knows why. Incidentally, I find it funny as hell that lawyers in court never use the word, "car." They seem to go for "automobile...." I can't imagine why no one on the jury pays attention. :D

You probably want to stay away from my fiction then. If these posts make your head hurt, I hate to imagine what an entire book by me would do. [shivers] I don't mean that in a mean way at all, but just as a logical function: if some of something makes your head hurt, lots of something would really mess it up.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:31:27 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 10, 2011, 11:42:39 pm »

Yeah, but I do enjoy reading you posts, once I figure them out they're some of the most, how can I put this, is "mind-expanding" correct, or should I go for "enlightening"?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 11, 2011, 12:55:40 am »

You probably want to stay away from my fiction then. If these posts make your head hurt, I hate to imagine what an entire book by me would do.
I have gone all this time not actually knowing that you are a fellow writer of fiction.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 11, 2011, 02:05:43 am »

You probably want to stay away from my fiction then. If these posts make your head hurt, I hate to imagine what an entire book by me would do.
I have gone all this time not actually knowing that you are a fellow writer of fiction.

Not since before law school, but yeah. I typically used a more organic method. Organized characters had crisp, short lines. Disorganized... less so. Coler is the latter. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.msg1504808#msg1504808

Please don't quote me.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 11, 2011, 06:52:27 am »

I read it as Vector's Progressive Rape Thread.  I am disappoint, in more ways than one.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 11, 2011, 06:54:12 am »

I read it as Vector's Progressive Rape Thread.  I am disappoint, in more ways than one.

You stopped in here just for that? Shitpost is shitty.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 11, 2011, 06:56:17 am »

You stopped in here just for that? Shitpost is shitty.

Irony is a beautiful thing :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 11, 2011, 09:18:52 am »

. . .

I hope this is a really unfunny version of a "posting to watch" thinger, because otherwise the "rage" part of the title may have application.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 11, 2011, 12:58:40 pm »

Yeah... rape jokes, not funny....

Please don't quote me.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 11, 2011, 01:35:22 pm »

. . .

I hope this is a really unfunny version of a "posting to watch" thinger, because otherwise the "rage" part of the title may have application.

The main reason being that my mind saw that there ???
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 852