Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 857325 times)

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #975 on: June 23, 2011, 01:44:08 am »

I lived in a small town... and one of my friends was told by a doctor that he would be sterile by the time he was 21 if he kept drinking mountain dew at the rate he was going at.
* MetalSlimeHunt stares at you in shocked silence

How....what.....it....

I......it...

Alright, anyone who has heard anything about Mountain Dew and birth control/sterility, speak up. I need to know how widespread this thing is now.
If it makes you feel better, we all laughed at how stupid an idea that was.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 23, 2011, 01:56:58 am »

I had a teacher who told us that circa 2002
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 23, 2011, 03:44:43 am »

Mountain dew as a contraceptive. What can't it do?

Kael, we'll need pictures of those outfits :)

I always wished I was bi, that would open up so many more possibilities, but alas. Up until now (now I'm still struggling with "monogamous", so the issue is moot) I've always regarded myself as "straight-until-I-meet-mr-Right". Too many stories about gay/bi people who fount out too late what their preferences were kept me anxiously open. Guys don't gross me out (when drunk I'll kiss them for fun and games), but I'm not attracted to them (us?) at all.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 23, 2011, 07:13:30 am »

Alright, anyone who has heard anything about Mountain Dew and birth control/sterility, speak up. I need to know how widespread this thing is now.

The doctor can't be that badly informed. I think he was using scare-tactics to get the friend to lay off the soda. "Diabetes" doesn't have the same ring to it as "sterility", something young men take much more seriously (assault on manhood etc). I've seen videos the size of soda cups you can get in America and it's scary.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:20:24 am by Reelyanoob »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 23, 2011, 07:43:02 am »

I've seen videos the size of soda cups you can get in America and it's scary.
DON'T BE DISSIN THE 64oz BRO! (I'm kidding.)

Really, the soda cups are a strange issue. They just sort of grew exponentially over the years. Most people don't acutally use the crazy large ones, at least not usually. I remember when I drank a 64oz cup of Suicide (a term I only learned recently, that being the mixing of multiple sodas in a single drink). Buying it wasn't my idea, really, and at one point I stopped and took note of the fact that this cup at least appeared to be of a greater volume than my stomach. It took me three hours to drink all of it, and I'm fairly certain that trying to drink it all at once would have had horrible consequences for the arrangement of my internal organs.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 23, 2011, 07:44:42 am »

I've seen videos the size of soda cups you can get in America and it's scary.
DON'T BE DISSIN THE 64oz BRO! (I'm kidding.)

Really, the soda cups are a strange issue. They just sort of grew exponentially over the years. Most people don't acutally use the crazy large ones, at least not usually. I remember when I drank a 64oz cup of Suicide (a term I only learned recently, that being the mixing of multiple sodas in a single drink). Buying it wasn't my idea, really, and at one point I stopped and took note of the fact that this cup at least appeared to be of a greater volume than my stomach. It took me three hours to drink all of it, and I'm fairly certain that trying to drink it all at once would have had horrible consequences for the arrangement of my internal organs.

I thought that was called a 'Round the World.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 23, 2011, 07:51:44 am »

At least where I live they're called Suicides. Round the World would probably either be another region's term or an attempt to give it a name that sounds less morbid. I would have to imagine that the name Suicide came about from some stupid people believing that mixing different sodas and drinking them is fatal, only to find out that this is not the case. People have thought a lot of of things were fatally toxic over the years untill every time some daredevil eats them anyway and promptly does not die.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 23, 2011, 07:57:42 am »

I think I'll stick to cups rather than buckets.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 23, 2011, 08:03:00 am »

only to find out that this is not the case. People have thought a lot of of things were fatally toxic over the years untill every time some daredevil eats them anyway and promptly does not die.
Well, not instantly.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 23, 2011, 08:08:17 am »

Yeah, just because you can eat it and not die doesn't make it non-toxic...or non-bad-for-you. I lost my stomach for soda to the point that a 12-oz can is about all I can drink at a time and that, rarely. A 64-oz...holy hell.

I call urban legend on the Mountain Dew contraceptive thing though. It's just too good/ridiculous of a story. Then again, I'm sure equally absurd things have happened.

I don't get "wishing you were bi." Do you have any idea how much more complicated life would be? EVERY SINGLE PERSON you met would be a potential hookup or date or partner. All the touchy dynamics of male-female platonic friendships would be part of EVERY relationship. I think it'd be a headache...
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 23, 2011, 08:10:43 am »

I lost my stomach for soda to the point that a 12-oz can is about all I can drink at a time and that, rarely. A 64-oz...holy hell.
It was glorious. (Also, my pancreas stabbed me in retaliation to this clear act of war afterwards.)
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 23, 2011, 08:18:59 am »

I think the Mountain Dew thing is about a myth relating to the yellow dye used in the stuff (which is that it causes testicular damage over long periods of exposure), if that helps. Completely unsubstantiated, but hell, I used to believe it back in high school (and Wikipedia backs me up on the myth's existence). And then the thought of using it as a contraceptive stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of how that myth would work if it were true.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 23, 2011, 09:22:18 am »

I lived in a small town... and one of my friends was told by a doctor that he would be sterile by the time he was 21 if he kept drinking mountain dew at the rate he was going at.
* MetalSlimeHunt stares at you in shocked silence

How....what.....it....

I......it...

It also causes a  ton of kidney stones. Have fun with the entire mountain (whit a little dew) leaving your urinary tract. :p

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 23, 2011, 10:41:41 am »

64 oz, hmm... 
Google says 1.9 litres. You can't even get bottles that size around here (1.5 is usually the largest).

Isn't Mountain Dew the stereotypical nerd drink? Maybe being observed drinking it has a prophylactic effect.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 23, 2011, 10:46:56 am »

Isn't Mountain Dew the stereotypical nerd drink?
I find that it's being rather quickly replaced with ironic hipster energy drinks. Now, how many of you just cringed and looked down at your ironic hipster energy drink?
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 852