Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 858317 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 14, 2011, 02:55:37 am »

The above quote was a reply to my hypothetical party, so I'll have a go at a reply.

I'd never have a shot in hell of getting elected to anything. I'm not motivated enough to lie to the face of everyone I ever speak to. I'm not tall, and I don't generally have good hair. I don't like kissing hands and shaking babies. In short, all the campaign backing, old-money connections, and required education aside, I'm a shitty politician.

On a grander scale, people have tried to run on platforms like that. The problem is Independent isn't a viable platform in partisan politics, because popular support would require research into what that candidate represents/ has voted for in the past, etc. Instead, there's a very easy system in place where it's an "us" vs "them" dynamic that requires no research at all.

Most people I know who identify themselves with either party tend to do so because a) their parents/family told them to b) they have chosen one issue that is "more important" than the others and based on that (gun control, abortion, whatever) or c) we don't need a jew in the government.

I'm not kidding. C was the reason someone voted for Bush over Gore/Liebermann.

How does an Independent candidate survive in that system?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 14, 2011, 02:56:43 am »

I'll just put one here in a drunk state and know I'll regret it later:

Abortions should be legal until the foetus is fully grown.

That's around 21 years.  :-\

I hate to say this, but I laughed on, er, both counts.  Oh, maaaaaan...
I totally forgot I posted this. Ahwell, could've been worse.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 14, 2011, 03:16:57 am »

there's a very easy system in place where it's an "us" vs "them" dynamic that requires no research at all.

Most people I know who identify themselves with either party tend to do so because a) their parents/family told them to b) they have chosen one issue that is "more important" than the others and based on that (gun control, abortion, whatever) or c) we don't need a jew in the government.

Just by this I suddenly find that one of the most important things to change before others is education, and getting rid of (and then burning with scorching fire) "trends" and "fitting in" mentality that some parties are choosing to enforce (or rather the profiteers find lucrative to enforce), again it comes down to the country being dumbed down and brain washed to the point anything goes literally as sourced by nearly all news reports in the thread.

But going by this, it means change on a much grander scale than government reform, the change has to also come from the previously brainwashed populace that is only interested in their bread & circuses and would have to give that up in exchange for teaches their kids better, ie; "Son, drinking beer and watching sitcoms is fun, but don't let your entire life be just that".

The progression that people here want is only obtainable through a countries willingness to give up leisure time; most people don't really care enough about what happens to future generations and will just convince themselves things will get better whether they do something or not.

What is perhaps most concerning is that there is real history of the dark ages where science and progress was literally a crime and religion, and generally ignorance was enforced, and it's still happening now where people and kids are either undereducated and have to research for themselves what is really happening.

What I have noticed in all of the articles posted on this and similar threads is that the page views are minuscule compared to "What Justin Bieber's favourite colour is" web pages reaching mostly 100-10,000 views.

Real rage material; You could divine from this that there is an extremely small population of people who are both educated and wish to promote change all over the world, so things like abortions being murder and gay rights being completely taken away will be quite common for many years to come.

Hello.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 14, 2011, 03:19:26 am »

Yeah. I disagree with you so hard.

To say a meme almost certainly wrong. I have all the disagreements.

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 14, 2011, 03:24:02 am »

Yeah. I disagree with you so hard.

To say a meme almost certainly wrong. I have all the disagreements.

There was quite a bit to disagree with so I'm not sure it is me or even what you disagreed on in particular.
Hello.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 14, 2011, 03:27:12 am »

The lunatic 'ohhh man, the man is brainwashing you man! Here is your tin foil hat man! Make sure you know everything they say is a lie!'

Turns out that no. It's not a conspiracy. The general population is not a bunch of plebs. You do not have any special insight into the world. The world is not entering a new dark age.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 14, 2011, 03:37:11 am »

@ETV:

Spoiler: Sheeple (click to show/hide)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 14, 2011, 03:56:57 am »

The lunatic 'ohhh man, the man is brainwashing you man! Here is your tin foil hat man! Make sure you know everything they say is a lie!'

Turns out that no. It's not a conspiracy. The general population is not a bunch of plebs. You do not have any special insight into the world. The world is not entering a new dark age.

Oh so you threw it into a different perspective.

Well, http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/03/10-11

The "private corporate owners" I was referencing do no meet hooded in black robes and underground dungeons and such but are merely interested in personal profit, the organizations then work with each other for their profits calling up each other simply to "raise prices" so us common folk pay more for our commodities and eventually the people owning those companies realize just how much power they have.

If you have the power to take someone's house, their car, deny petrol by high costs, or buy political figures to pass bills then you sir, have power indeed!

The brainwashing was simply reference to our interest in frivolous things, blaming jews for stuff, racism, fascism in general just being fuelled by parties wishing to "support family traditions!"

If just strongly worded by calling it brainwashing.

You already expressed examples of general ignorance in the population by quoting that "because we don't need a jew in the government" as an actual vote reason for bush, and yet we do not receive improvements in education to try and weed out the hicks which have that mentality.

http://waketheherd.blogspot.com/2009/07/international-banking-cartel-is-new.html

The only reasons I can think that prejudice is still so massively prevalent in "civilized" countries is because it's been hammered in as traditional, as trendy, and as the acceptable thing to do.

Shit, you can see examples starting from page 1, and where do all of these trends originate from? "Terrorists shall be brought to swift justice; says Generic McPresident", where terrorists could pretty much be anyone or anything, followed by pictures of someone in a turban and taliban spattered in the news report, and the best part is the majority cares so little for politics that they accept it as truth, after all it's more convenient to hate some random individual for setting off a bomb somewhere without extensive proof than it is to research it and miss out on that next episode of American Idol.
Hello.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 14, 2011, 03:59:04 am »

Shit man am I good or what? I can see them from a mile away huh?

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 14, 2011, 03:59:42 am »

What?
Hello.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 14, 2011, 04:03:17 am »

No I can not explaining myself because such a thing would take time and I am going to bed.

Also explaining it would break the forum rules.

Short version, I insulted you.

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 14, 2011, 04:05:45 am »

Short version, I insulted you.

I do not feel very insulted, but I do feel a little confused.
Hello.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 14, 2011, 04:06:46 am »

If you want, you can send me a PM so that when I wake up I will remember and tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 14, 2011, 04:08:42 am »

That's not nice, Cript.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 14, 2011, 04:09:56 am »

Cript's not nice.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 852