Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 858395 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2011, 11:05:26 pm »

I didn't mean against the boyfriend? Why would anybody ever do that? O_o I meant against the company manufacturing the condoms/ BC pills.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2011, 11:06:19 pm »

Yeah, that's what I got from it; Vector interpreted it differently, it seems.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2011, 11:19:04 pm »

Blackmagechill suggested the legal action; Vector, AFAICT, just assumed it was against the boyfriend.
yes, i get that, and i, as a male and a boyfriend felt a bit hurt by Vector's default asumption that the male is the cause of the condom failure, or is evading his responsibilities, or is guilty of whatever vector thought he should be sued over unless otherwise stated.
don't get me wrong, i'm not grudgy or anything, i just felt i should point out that that comment could come off as a bit biased or unreasonable. we all make that kind of comments, if they don't reflect our true views being called out on them gives us the chance of regret them and retract them and come out with our reputation unharmed

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2011, 11:20:31 pm »

Do not use with oil should be printed on latex condoms. Really.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2011, 11:21:17 pm »

Uh... okay.  I didn't think of the possibility of suing the condom manufacturers--I was thinking of stuff like the Assange case, where some ladies ended up suing him for what ended up seeming like nothing more than a broken condom.

And, seriously, taking on a corporation seems far less plausible.  Especially given the country we live in.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2011, 11:22:45 pm »

How often do you stop to read your condoms? Really? Normally I am quite distracted.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2011, 11:24:09 pm »

How often do you stop to read your condoms? Really? Normally I am quite distracted.
...I don't own condoms, so I probably wouldn't know.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2011, 11:29:57 pm »

...I don't own condoms, so I probably wouldn't know.

I'll answer that. The amount of time spent reading anything on, about, or related to condoms is usually the 15 seconds it takes to find the brand/type you're looking for. That's pretty much the last conscious thought that's spent on them. Warnings like thus and such on the packaging won't help. Thinking about things far beforehand will, but given the avg pop segment, etc.

Oh, and don't use sheepskin.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2011, 11:38:30 pm »

well i don't live in the usa, but here suing a condom manufacturer for a condom rupture is possible and has happened, and lead to the removal of all the strawberry flavored condoms of a specific brand from the market and issued warnings on national television. condoms can break through misuse, and one can't sue for that obviously, and is also obvious that an undesired pregnancy is too harsh a punishment for not reading the tiny instructions on the back of the package. luckily for the women in this insignificant pinko commie european nation i live in abortion was legalized four years ago
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:52:31 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2011, 11:46:29 pm »

They do have warnings on them, but I just checked the one in my wallet, and all it said was to read the warnings on the carton before use.  And the only warning I remember from the carton was "Do not store in wallet or glovebox."  Of course, I never really planned on using that one.

I also seem to remember seeing expiration dates on some packaging, though it didn't appear on this particular wrapper, and I would assume they're on each one.  However, they wouldn't need to be when sold in a box, and it's been too long since I've needed to buy new ones.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 12, 2011, 11:51:41 pm »

I remember Trojans having expiration dates on the box but not on individual wrappers. The only other brand i used... name I don't even remember... didn't have anything. That's part of why I'd recommend being wary of any condoms you didn't buy. Oh, add those free handouts from any health department to the list of don't use. Better than nothing, but anything else is probably better than those.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 13, 2011, 04:02:25 am »

Insurance companies, Medicaide or straight private citizen's pocketbooks (if too wealthy for Medicaide) do. In fact, I did twice. It comes to about three grand each, which due to the quantity of blood was worth every penny. Did I mention that whole room smelled like pennies? During the C-section. Funniest thing. The British don't
...I'm just impressed by how the Daily Mail can so consistently misrepresent studies (never use it as a news source, incidentally - it's not a newspaper, and frankly I'd trust a literal interpretation of The Onion more).  On the other hand, a little thought will allow you to see through this particular deception - virtually all of these births happening in inconvenient places is because it's not always possible to predict exactly when it will happen and sometimes it takes you by surprise, not because of a lack of beds.  Unless there's a policy in America of putting all 7 months pregnant women constantly in hospital there'd probably be roughly similar statistics.  Sometimes you might have to go elsewhere in the hospital, but...well, the equipment's still there, it's not a tragedy.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 13, 2011, 04:59:27 am »

I once had a condom break.  This is why I understand that Plan B is the best fucking thing ever invented since the condom.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 13, 2011, 05:05:38 am »

Check out this B.S. http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Fracking

"Fracking" is a new thing where an oil company pumps a high pressure secret poison cocktail (very possibly including diesel fuel)  into the ground to fracture shale and release gas/oil. Dick Cheney created what is literally known as "the Halliburton Loophole," where the oil companies don't have to tell us what is in said secret poison cocktail, which they would otherwise have to do under the Safe Drinking Water Act. 800 Sites in New Mexico and Colorado have had drinking water contaminated this way.... and THERE IS A VIDEO ON SITE OF A GUY LIGHTING WATER FROM HIS FAUCET ON DAMN FIRE! The EPA can't do shit though....

The best part, "Matt Armstrong, a lawyer with the Washington firm Bracewell & Giuliani, which represents several oil and gas companies, told the New York Times: “Everyone understands that E.P.A. is at least interested in regulating fracking.” But: “Whether the E.P.A. has the chutzpah to try to impose retroactive liability for use of diesel in fracking, well, everyone is in a wait-and-see mode. I suspect it will have a significant fight on its hands if it tried it do that.”

Direct hatemail here: http://www.bracewellgiuliani.com/armstrong/

Seriously? The EPA shouldn't regulate a practice that makes drinking water ignite? Good job making bribery campaign contributions "Free Speech" Scalia.... "Strict legal textualism" can suck it, and can probably burp fire if it drinks the water if this keeps up....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 13, 2011, 05:16:35 am »

For a lawyer, I'm a little surprised you haven't heard about this sooner.  Especially since there was a pretty good movie about it.

I'm up to my neck in this stuff myself, now that the DFW metroplex has become a new front in the natural gas campaign.  Tarrant county, home of the private estate of the Bass Family known as "Fort Worth", is a-okay with gas drilling.  A lot of what used to be swampland and floodplains has been given over to natural gas storage and processing (because an area known for rare but major flooding is a great place to put tanks of natural gas), and there's drills popping up smack in the middle of neighborhoods, surrounded by 20 foot high "privacy walls" (or "non-disclosure walls", if you prefer), which do a crappy job of keeping out the noise and absolutely no job of keeping out the smell.  Dallas county, named for where all the cool people live, not only is totally not cool with gas drilling, but doesn't even trust their neighbors enough to rely on the local (shared) water table for our municipal water, choosing to treat the Hell out of it just in case.

Of course, we also have one of the most crooked real estate and development city-boards in the country, but at least they know the value of non-flammable tap water.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 852