Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 858463 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2011, 09:38:58 pm »

2- Being gay is a choice. I think it is bullshit that people think it is genetic, but that's another argument.
Apart from the fact that you arbitrarily dismiss a possibility without evidence (which seems to be becoming a pattern) and that you disregard the possibility that it could be nurture based... let's say it is completely a choice.  So what?  Why the heck should gay people care about your interpretation of Christianity (especially if they're not Christian, or not part of the anti-gay denomination you're part of)?  This is only valid if you're saying that this is the only correct way to view the world, and if you're saying this is true, you better have some damn good evidence for it.

As for gay people merely "rebelling against god"... ugh.  What makes you think you're qualified to make such a proclamation, especially since some gay people do not believe in god, some gay people spend years coming to terms with their sexuality and some gay people are pious?  Everything about your viewpoint seems, once again, to be extremely arrogant.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:40:35 pm by Leafsnail »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2011, 09:43:21 pm »

So, it's okay that you "just understand" tons of things that let you rant on against others, but they can't "just understand" themselves and think you're in error?

Since I'm not a post modernist, someone has the right viewpoint.

Also, when did I say that noone can think I'm wrong?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2011, 09:45:02 pm »

When you said that gay people should not be allowed various rights/ are deviants/ shouldn't "flaunt homosexuality in public" based on your interpretation of Christianity (and also when you said that you were angry that anyone disagreed with you on any issue, and that the answers to all of them were obvious, but I guess you've distanced yourself from that one now).

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2011, 09:45:31 pm »

Anybody else about ready to call Bingo on stereotypical religious conservative viewpoints?
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2011, 09:46:46 pm »

Anybody else about ready to call Bingo on stereotypical religious conservative viewpoints?

Yes.  I'm writing a post, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2011, 09:47:46 pm »

So, it's okay that you "just understand" tons of things that let you rant on against others, but they can't "just understand" themselves and think you're in error?

But you obviously do care enough about others' opinions of your beliefs to be here, asking them not to judge you for them. Right after judging a ton of people for what they believe. No, this isn't a reference to any religious comments it's about the comments you just made about sexual orientation. They believe what they are doing is right for them. You believe your system is right for you. The difference is you believe your system is also right for them, otherwise why would you even take an interest in what they do?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2011, 09:52:03 pm »

2- Being gay is a choice. I think it is bullshit that people think it is genetic, but that's another argument.
Apart from the fact that you arbitrarily dismiss a possibility without evidence (which seems to be becoming a pattern) and that you disregard the possibility that it could be nurture based... let's say it is completely a choice.  So what?  Why the heck should gay people care about your interpretation of Christianity (especially if they're not Christian, or not part of the anti-gay denomination you're part of)?  This is only valid if you're saying that this is the only correct way to view the world, and if you're saying this is true, you better have some damn good evidence for it.

As for gay people merely "rebelling against god"... ugh.  What makes you think you're qualified to make such a proclamation, especially since some gay people do not believe in god, some gay people spend years coming to terms with their sexuality and some gay people are pious?  Everything about your viewpoint seems, once again, to be extremely arrogant.

Okay, smartass, why the fuck do you think that every single damn word out of my mouth is fucking arrogant? I am sorry that I did not know the nature v nurture argument, and frankly, I already asked politely to not debase me based on belief. I already fucking said I'm not a post modernist, and even though you want to be a stubborn asshole about it, yes, I think god is right. Is that such an immoral belief?

What makes me qualified?

What makes me qualified to make claims about a religion I am a part of, or about gay people?

see, I already SAID something about it. Maybe if you didn't think that I, automatically, too the most arrogant stance, you would have your head out of your ass long enough to read this:

And then there is the whole point of me NOT being gay. I guess I'm automatically debased there, but this is the way I see it.

I know i'm not in a position to talk about this! Just because I'm not gay, doesn't make my argument invalid. Furthermore, how are YOU qualified to make statements about God's decisions? Are you Jesus, come down to take all christians to heaven?

No. You are not.

I think I a qualified because I believe that God knows the answer. He has alrready SAID the answer.

Who's the arrogant one if you cannot get off your fucking high horse long enough to see my point of view?

OH BOY, TIME TO ANSWER ANOTHER ONE.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2011, 09:54:21 pm »

Your Arrogant because Your Calling a Segment of Humanity Evil and Unnatural Because of your Beliefs.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2011, 10:00:18 pm »

When you said that gay people should not be allowed various rights/

blah blah irrelevant

I never said that.

be my guest.

But you obviously do care enough about others' opinions of your beliefs to be here, asking them not to judge you for them. Right after judging a ton of people for what they believe. No, this isn't a reference to any religious comments it's about the comments you just made about sexual orientation. They believe what they are doing is right for them. You believe your system is right for you. The difference is you believe your system is also right for them, otherwise why would you even take an interest in what they do?

Yes. I do care about other's viewpoints. I am trying to see if other people hold the same belief. Granted, I made a rather big mistake in posting like I did.

I take interest in what I do because as a Christian, It's my duty.

WHOO BOY CULTURE SHOCK

I know, right? The followers of a god who loves everybody actually caring about other people? who'da thought! I care about these people in sin because I'd really like to have some friends up in heaven.

As a Christian, I am supposed to convert people to christianity.

Now let's go ahead and end this flame wa-

Your Arrogant because Your Calling a Segment of Humanity Evil and Unnatural Because of your Beliefs.

wat

I dont even

what the fuck.

Please, quote where I said that a segment of humanity is evil. Educate me on my southern hick ways, realmfighter.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2011, 10:05:20 pm »

wat

I dont even

what the fuck.

Please, quote where I said that a segment of humanity is evil. Educate me on my southern hick ways, realmfighter.

You called Being Gay Rebelling Against God, As there is No way you can be Attracted to your own Sex without Sticking it to the All Seeing Eye in the Sky, something that is Considered a Generally Bad thing in most Forms of Christianity. And By Bad thing I mean Something Worth of Intense Hatred and general Negativity.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2011, 10:08:06 pm »

wat

I dont even

what the fuck.

You called Being Gay Rebelling Against God, As there is No way you can be Attracted to your own Sex without Sticking it to the All Seeing Eye in the Sky, something that is Considered a Generally Bad thing in most Forms of Christianity. And By Bad thing I mean Something Worth of Intense Hatred and general Negativity.

1- I'm not saying that gay people hate god. I am saying that it is built into our nature to rebel against god. That counts for all forms of sexual deviancy, not just homosexuality.

2- And yet he still forgives.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2011, 10:08:59 pm »

YELLING, telling people to fuck their mothers, and in general being an obnoxious dick, are not very Christian ways to behave, and definitely not how you convert people.  Non-Christians look at people like you and are reaffirmed that they're in the right because if Christians act the way you act, who the hell wants to be one?
Shoes...

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2011, 10:09:11 pm »

Wow, I turn around for a couple hours and GGamer went and declared war on the world.

Saying that we're "programed" to sin seems like you're saying that God designed us to sin, meaning that he's responsible for all sin.  I'm all for interpretation of the Bible, but it seems like you're saying God's responsible for homosexuality because he designed us to be that way, so at least be consistent.  Also check out "loving your neighbor", "turning the other cheek", and also the part about being condemned and justified by your words (I'm sure God doesn't swear).

Try casting out that beam before pulling motes out of peoples' eyes.  I'm certainly not perfect, but at least I'm not demanding people line up to my ideology.  If they want my honest opinion, I'll give it to them, but I'm not going to look down on them for choices they've made.  We're all sinners.

As for the whole public displays of affection bit, I'd be uncomfortable with anyone doing it, hetero-, homo-, or whatever, but not overly so.  Lesbians used to kiss in the middle of lunch at my old high school, and I just ignored it.  Straight people also used to kiss in the hallways, and I didn't react any differently.  Doesn't affect me, right?

(Holy frikkin' ninjas, 10 11 posts while I was writing that!  Where did you guys come from?!)
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2011, 10:09:29 pm »

ggamer while I may disagree with almost all of your opinions I would just like to say it takes some fortitude to stay under fire for so long, and while you're reacting without finesse or kindness to it all, the fact that you haven't ended yourself with catastrophic explosion yet is pretty impressive.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2011, 10:11:21 pm »

1- I'm not saying that gay people hate god. I am saying that it is built into our nature to rebel against god. That counts for all forms of sexual deviancy, not just homosexuality.

2- And yet he still forgives.
1- So, Homosexuality, and all Sexual Deviance is natural? It is in our Nature, after all.

2- People Tend not to, Exempting Forgive as a term for Violence.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 852