Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 857232 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #990 on: June 23, 2011, 10:50:05 am »

Isn't Mountain Dew the stereotypical nerd drink?
I find that it's being rather quickly replaced with ironic hipster energy drinks. Now, how many of you just cringed and looked down at your ironic hipster energy drink?

MY HIPSTER DRINK IS NOT IRONIC THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 23, 2011, 10:51:32 am »

I don't even know what counts as a hipster drink and what not.

And unless it happens to be tea or funny drink, chances are I haven't drunk anything of the sort in ages :V

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 23, 2011, 10:53:17 am »

Isn't Mountain Dew the stereotypical nerd drink?
I find that it's being rather quickly replaced with ironic hipster energy drinks. Now, how many of you just cringed and looked down at your ironic hipster energy drink?

MY HIPSTER DRINK IS NOT IRONIC THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
STEP ONE IS DENIAL, YOU'RE RIGHT ON TRACK.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 23, 2011, 11:54:52 am »

Is Cherry Coke an ironic energy drink? If so, I have a 2 liter bottle in the fridge. It'll be drunk over a period of 3 days, though.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 23, 2011, 12:12:54 pm »

Kinda wish that education on it was more common, but it would also be really, really embarrassing.
We had a demonstration (then someone was invited up to have a go at it while wearing bear goggles... they managed to knock the model onto the floor.  Possibly not reassuring).  It wasn't actually hugely embarassing, although it was quite funny.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 23, 2011, 12:16:24 pm »

Wouldn't it only be ironic if you drank it because it was a hipster drink but didn't like it?  If you actually like it, I don't think you can drink it ironically, unless going against irony is the exact purpose of drinking something you like that some people might drink ironically.  As for what counts as hipster... idk, whatever hipsters are drinking.  I don't even know what counts as a hipster, except that it apparently involves liking stuff that you aren't supposed to like, either because you're not supposed to or because it genuinely is cool.

If 64oz is 1.9 liters, why would anybody even buy it, except to mix obscene amounts of soda.  A 2 liter bottle is almost certainly cheaper.  At least, with certain kinds of soda.  Which are probably the kinds you can't get in fountains anyway.  And there isn't the feeling that you have to drink it all in one sitting.  Which kind of makes me think that if I bought a 64 oz soda, it'd take me no more than an hour to drink it, and I can't begin to figure out how I could draw it out for 3 hours short of forgetting that I have it and leaving it somewhere.  When I buy 44 oz ones, which is much less frequent now, it's still gone within 30 minutes.  I'm amazed by the fact that I would sometimes drink two of those a day.

The bisexuality thing, for me at least, is because I think I'd probably feel more comfortable around guys if I had some sort of attraction to them.  And also because I consider sex and sexuality to be completely appropriate ways for two people to express how they feel about each other.

Responses while typing too much:
I don't think Cherry Coke is ironic, and it certainly isn't an energy drink.  I do worry that my intense love for Cream Soda may be ironic though.
Ok, I'D be embarrassed by it, but I'm kind of sensitive about that kind of thing.  I'm almost certainly just projecting my own personality on others.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 23, 2011, 12:22:18 pm »

Well, I'd understand finding it embarassing, but surely it's worth 10 minutes of embarassment if you get taught something important, right?

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 23, 2011, 12:25:09 pm »

Well, I'd understand finding it embarassing, but surely it's worth 10 minutes of embarassment if you get taught something important, right?

Objectively, yes.  Subjectively, for those 10 minutes... I wouldn't be so certain.
That's why I'm in favor of the idea, but would be slightly nervous if it was something I had to experience with a group of people I know.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:28:11 pm by Interus »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 23, 2011, 12:32:14 pm »

I managed to be ill on the day we had our condom lesson (and the followup, Condom Olympics! Who can put a condom on their model the fastest?), so I'm fairly clueless, too. I've tried it once or twice just in case, however, and I did it pretty much how the website posted earlier said.

Cream Soda can't be ironic, it's far too tasty.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 23, 2011, 01:03:00 pm »

Someone called me a hipster for liking real ale and being a member of CAMRA. Words fail me.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 23, 2011, 02:25:30 pm »

Does this drink that came in a glass bottle that cost me 50 cents and that I can't read a single word on count? It seems to be a pretty good lemonade.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 23, 2011, 02:35:11 pm »

In my neighborhood, there is a section of blocks full of stores specifically catering to people wanting to feel "artsy".  One of these stores sells pre-ragged flannels and ironic tee-shirts, those miniature plaid fedoras, and sunglasses of all shapes and sizes.  It is directly across the street from a store that sells nothing but overpriced sodas of every origin and description and a selection of faux-vintage candy brands.  I love going there, because spending two dollars on a bottle of cream soda makes me feel like a boss, and it is goddamn Grand Hipster Station.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 23, 2011, 02:37:29 pm »

it is goddamn Grand Hipster Station.
I wonder if there is a Grand Hipster somewhere in the world?
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 23, 2011, 03:05:35 pm »

it is goddamn Grand Hipster Station.
I wonder if there is a Grand Hipster somewhere in the world?
It's called New Jersey. Or perhaps California. Either way, MTV must die.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 23, 2011, 03:16:40 pm »

NYC has way more hipsters than even SF, and that's saying something.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 852