Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 858217 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #510 on: June 14, 2011, 09:49:28 pm »

We're growing too large to self-regulate. Like the humble cell, we must divide to ensure survival. Dibs on not having Nevada or Boston.
I propose we give Washington State to Canada.  As a resident of Washington, I also give my approval to be given to Canada.  We're pretty liberal, I think Canada would take us.  They'd certainly want everything west of the Rockies.

I also propose we give both of the Carolinas to Canada, if only because Canada gaining control of South Carolina would be hilarious.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 14, 2011, 10:08:51 pm »

I would be behind this if only to gain better access to Carolina BBQ. I want authentic Carolina BBQ pork so bad. You have no idea.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 14, 2011, 10:11:35 pm »

I would be behind this if only to gain better access to Carolina BBQ. I want authentic Carolina BBQ pork so bad. You have no idea.

You want authentic Carolina BBQ? Our BBQ is so authentic that we have a grill called the Roadkill Grill, where you'll have some of the best tasting barbecue you'll ever have. However, it's at the price of possibly taking stock in the rumors of how all that roadkill on the sharp left turn right nearby gets gone so fast.

You don't know what you're missing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 15, 2011, 01:33:13 am »

We're growing too large to self-regulate. Like the humble cell, we must divide to ensure survival. Dibs on not having Nevada or Boston.
I propose we give Washington State to Canada.  As a resident of Washington, I also give my approval to be given to Canada.  We're pretty liberal, I think Canada would take us.  They'd certainly want everything west of the Rockies.

I also propose we give both of the Carolinas to Canada, if only because Canada gaining control of South Carolina would be hilarious.

It's not a problem of size or anything. It's a problem with the amount of people you have. Down here in Oz we have far less people and roughly the same amount of land. Just find a way to get rid of your excess people and BAM! Problem solved for you lot.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 15, 2011, 06:23:05 am »

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. Although the notion of South Carolina being turned into a winter home for....well, ALL of Canada is fairly amusing. South Carolinians who resisted the plan could be used to colonize the Northwest Territories. Or transferred to Alberta.

Yeah, there's nothing like eating slow-roasted pig soaked in vinegar served out of a cinderblock building by a guy named "Jimbo". And while you wait, you're served baskets of fresh hushpuppies and tubs of butter to dip them in.

Damn, now I'm hungry. And lunch is 5 hours away.  :'(

Back on topic, the political goings-on in Wisconsin really are kind of mind-boggling. As Aqizzar pointed out, some of this is strictly Third World-level shit. At what point to we start referring to the state as Cheezistan?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 15, 2011, 06:40:45 am »

I guess considering something progressive is relative, since I always hated working for a union and thought of them as little more than industrial-aged guilds. We're post-industrial now, so why keep guilds?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 15, 2011, 06:46:55 am »

Let's see here, we should certainly give Minnesota and Michigan to Canada, as they love hockey enough to fit in (with the bonus of getting Michigan's problems out of the Union), North Dakota is (as my accent is often noted) practically Canada already. So that's Six states to the Canadians, that should be about enough, right?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 15, 2011, 08:35:21 am »

I guess considering something progressive is relative, since I always hated working for a union and thought of them as little more than industrial-aged guilds. We're post-industrial now, so why keep guilds?

Because this keeps happening: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110614/bs_yblog_thelookout/workers-share-of-national-income-plummets-to-record-low.

I LOVE the idea of guilds, as long as they are open about being an apprentice to someone. How many people graduate school with no idea what they're doing? This way you get practical experience, pass on knowledge, have succession plans for when people retire, and quality control.

Yes, like any organization it can get bad. Rather than, "everything is disposable, throw it out," maybe we could try to fix the problems instead of tossing babies out with bathwater?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 15, 2011, 11:50:50 am »

If we get the Carolinas... Our population would go up by a third. From two states.

... Damn, we are -small-. And yet large!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 15, 2011, 11:55:48 am »

The Carolinas left the Union once, and we could do it again. But not to join Canada. To get revenge on the rest of the Union for selling us out to Canada. In any case, Canadians couldn't survive in North Carolina. The air is water here.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 15, 2011, 11:56:23 am »

remember, northern countries, the map is a flat representation of a sphere, you're not as big as you think you are

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2011, 11:59:21 am »

If we get the Carolinas... Our population would go up by a third. From two states.

... Damn, we are -small-. And yet large!
Not to mention doubling the number of Stanley Cups won by Canada in the last 20 years  :P
(Pending the results of tonight's Game 7)

There actually used to be a fair number of Ontarioans (Ontarans? Ontarese?) in the Triangle, due to the presence of Nortel (who I actually worked for for a short time).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 15, 2011, 12:00:28 pm »

There actually used to be a fair number of Ontarioans (Ontarans? Ontarese?) in the Triangle, due to the presence of Nortel (who I actually worked for for a short time).
But suddenly, bankruptcy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2011, 12:05:49 pm »

I know that there's a lot of Canadians who winter near my grandparents trailer in Texas.

And Boston should totally win. Fuck Vancouver. I'm a Wild fan, so I'm contractually obligated to dislike the Canucks.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 852