Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 855135 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #1725 on: July 15, 2011, 06:31:51 pm »

What's it say about a daughter, who is supposed to be touchy-feely and warm and nurturing and shit, who doesn't like hugs or pleasing her father?
You know, there are places you can get help with that. You don't have to put up with this kind of abuse. It may be hard to let go as hes your father, but your own life is more important. GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM.

Get your mind out of the gutter, I'm sure she didn't mean it that way

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 15, 2011, 06:35:32 pm »

Being different does not excuse others from driving you to the point that you're hitting yourself. There may be a few bad feelings associated with telling people to back the fuck off, but that's only a few times, where if you don't say anything you're going to keep getting yourself in a knot.

What's it say about a daughter, who is supposed to be touchy-feely and warm and nurturing and shit, who doesn't like hugs or pleasing her father?
You know, there are places you can get help with that. You don't have to put up with this kind of abuse. It may be hard to let go as hes your father, but your own life is more important. GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM.

I didn't mean it that way, sheesh.

I meant it in the "serving him food and stuff" way.  My father has never abused me.

And seriously, dude, people are surprisingly un-nice about certain kinds of problems.  You tell someone to stop ringing the fucking gong, they keep doing it.  And doing it.  And doing it.  And you tell them that it's unbearable, and they say it's their house and they can do what they want.

Around there is where my mom comes in and helps me out.  The trick is to complain, accept the judgment, and then stop complaining and just take care of it my own way.  Then they'll fix it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 15, 2011, 06:38:47 pm »

Vector, do you mind if I post links to other stuff I saw that's related to this thread?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 15, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »

I didn't mean it that way, sheesh.
In that case I think an apology is in order.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 15, 2011, 06:43:27 pm »

Vector, do you mind if I post links to other stuff I saw that's related to this thread?

Go for it.  Links are more than welcome.

In that case I think an apology is in order.

Yeah, haha.  I apologize for confusing you =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 15, 2011, 06:48:03 pm »

Now imagine it were a woman robbing to store.

I don't think that there was any expressed gender disparity there.  What occurred was disgusting, but there was no indicator that the article came down on the side of the rapist.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 15, 2011, 06:49:54 pm »

Now imagine it were a woman robbing to store.

I don't think that there was any expressed gender disparity there.  What occurred was disgusting, but there was no indicator that the article came down on the side of the rapist.
He's probably trying to bait people on on how they treat rape differently when the rapist is female and the victim is male.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 15, 2011, 07:06:58 pm »

The story seems pretty damn made up.  As in, The Daily Mail suddenly ran with the story on the 12th of July and a bunch of other newspapers followed suit.  Apparently their source was a 2 year old Russian story (although since the Daily Mail is the Daily Mail they report it as breaking news) which questioned the existance of the event and links a now dead site.  The second names of the people mentioned in the Daily Mail article seem to be pulled out of nowhere since they weren't mentioned in the original article.

So... yeah, I'm more disgusted by the Daily Mail once again having crap journalistic standards (I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it's not a newspaper and you can't trust its stories at all) and how everyone ran with it than by the fanciful scenario copied straight out of Pulp Fiction.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 07:08:43 pm by Leafsnail »

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 15, 2011, 07:28:12 pm »

Yep. Trusting The Daily Mail for accurate international journalism, especially when they don't even fully disclose sources, is like trusting chain e-mails for political advice.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 16, 2011, 11:55:56 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/military-members-march-san-diego-gay-pride-000617150.html

Holy shit.

I dunno how I feel about the idea of a pride parade. I personally don't go for the outlandish things and don't like them myself. I guess technically there's nothing "wrong with it per se" but it is ... a little out there. I think I would just rather dress more conservatively, though perhaps in female attire due to being trans?

I suppose the counterpoint would be that if society doesn't like what is there, it is because society pushed the people there out of society and this is what they are now? So deal with it?

*confused*

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 17, 2011, 12:00:17 am »

Tears in my eyes.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 17, 2011, 01:27:49 pm »

Yeah, the military is all about parades so you'd think....

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 852