Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ability to type names in when assigning a room!  (Read 697 times)

Hoooooooar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ability to type names in when assigning a room!
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:49:55 pm »

Don't know if that's been suggested but that would be glorious.  especially when you have a barracks with room attached and you want to assign them (or anyone really) without going through a list of 300 to find the one person, or alphabetical order or something along those lines.  Don't know if that has been suggested before but im just dropping it in.  Thanks.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Ability to type names in when assigning a room!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:06:55 am »

That'd be nice. Actually, just make an list like that sortable / searchable. Theoretically, they're all using the same codebase so it wouldn't be terribly difficult Abd there are a number of other places it'd be helpful as well.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

aepurniet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 12:24:47 pm »

UI suggestions? I'll be over here on my space ship heading to my moon ranch by the anything like this gets implemented.  I (and everyone else) would love a concentrated effort by toady to increase the usability of the UI, but he doesn't seem interested.  I for one would bet something like that would greatly increase the install base of DF, and in turn help him with donations.  But first the dead shall walk the earth.  Also it seems toady is ignoring dwarf mode for a little while.  Pastures, eggs, and bees are nice, but they are unbalanced and uneeded.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 07:01:15 pm »

Don't know if that's been suggested but that would be glorious.  especially when you have a barracks with room attached and you want to assign them (or anyone really) without going through a list of 300 to find the one person, or alphabetical order or something along those lines.  Don't know if that has been suggested before but im just dropping it in.  Thanks.

This is a good idea. And the alphabetical order version should only require a simple sorting algorithm.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

greenskye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:33:19 am »

UI suggestions? I'll be over here on my space ship heading to my moon ranch by the anything like this gets implemented.  I (and everyone else) would love a concentrated effort by toady to increase the usability of the UI, but he doesn't seem interested.  I for one would bet something like that would greatly increase the install base of DF, and in turn help him with donations.  But first the dead shall walk the earth.  Also it seems toady is ignoring dwarf mode for a little while.  Pastures, eggs, and bees are nice, but they are unbalanced and uneeded.

Didn't you hear? Necromancers and re-vamped undead are coming in the next release! Lol

I would love to see a general rewrite/redesign of rooms. The game has progressed so far that we have 3 different types of rooms (workshops/zones/furniture). It would be nice if he would schedule a time to think about them and decide what makes sense for what DF is now rather than what DF was whenever he added each of these features.

I bet a lot of this gets looked at when he puts in Dwarf Mode Inns though.