Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My fort is too... steady.  (Read 3445 times)

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
  • b.marley 'donsit on ur pride -just get hiiidodobdo
    • View Profile
    • grimmwold - rp server i play dwarf called Blig - uo
Re: My fort is too... steady.
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 10:36:57 am »

One of my speardwarves just punched a clown's head off. If he lives he shall be given an adamantine room, in honor of this achievement.

ugh this digust mi dorfself - why make a room he oughta be too busy to appreciate when he could be in adamatium armor, with adamatium shield and spear :O
my fortress is full of kitties

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 10:42:15 am »

Back in the day Clowns were very dangerous, but we've adapted and can handle them now. We're like a pernicious virus, they keep trying to kill us, and we adapt and overwhelm.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 10:46:41 am »

Back in the day Clowns were very dangerous, but we've adapted and can handle them now. We're like a pernicious virus, they keep trying to kill us, and we adapt and overwhelm.
Reminds me of Ants. We should trap Antmen and insert them into the Carnival. hehehe.....

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 11:00:07 am »

One of my speardwarves just punched a clown's head off. If he lives he shall be given an adamantine room, in honor of this achievement.

ugh this digust mi dorfself - why make a room he oughta be too busy to appreciate when he could be in adamatium armor, with adamatium shield and spear :O
A candy shield? worst idea ever. That'd make shieldbashing useless.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 01:17:51 pm »

Is it possible to mod the number of spawning clowns( of the ones in the first zerg rush at least) any way?

I hope we all wait for the time when they can DIG to get you!  ;)

durbu

• Bay Watcher
  • Halt! Hammerzeit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 02:27:46 pm »

I hope we all wait for the time when they can DIG to get you!  ;)

In Soviet Fortress, the fun comes to you.
"One of the seven just drowned while cleaning saltwater from the seabed."

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 03:10:37 pm »

I see this thread has already derailed but I just want to throw my two cents in about traps.

They are boring.

I put one single line of green glass serrated disc traps across my defenses just to keep the stupid wildlife out. Even then I probably don't need them because the military I have training at the door usually gets em if they get through but Ive had the random badger sneak through and end up in my booze stockpile scaring the little bastards hence the traps. Glass traps do nothing to armored opponents but they will keep the dumb wildlife out. Other than that you can ring your fort in weapon traps, have no wall, no military, and still be safe. That is assuming you don't mind traders getting killed of course.

So, that brings me back to my original point.

Traps are boring.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Sir Leonard III

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 03:53:53 pm »

I see this thread has already derailed but I just want to throw my two cents in about traps.

They are boring.

I put one single line of green glass serrated disc traps across my defenses just to keep the stupid wildlife out. Even then I probably don't need them because the military I have training at the door usually gets em if they get through but Ive had the random badger sneak through and end up in my booze stockpile scaring the little bastards hence the traps. Glass traps do nothing to armored opponents but they will keep the dumb wildlife out. Other than that you can ring your fort in weapon traps, have no wall, no military, and still be safe. That is assuming you don't mind traders getting killed of course.

So, that brings me back to my original point.

Traps are boring.

Only good the traps were in the end was for keeping the siege at bay as I proceeded to launch a final attack on the clowns.
Needless to say face-to-face combat is more appealing and I'm throwing traps into my magma pit. Metaphorically, I need the mechanisms of levers and whatnot.
Hush little baby, listen to my song,
Mamma's gonna tan you a troll leather thong.
And if that thong don't menace with spikes,
Mamma's gonna kill you whatever you like...

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 04:25:26 pm »

I put one single line of green glass serrated disc traps across my defenses just to keep the stupid wildlife out. Even then I probably don't need them because the military I have training at the door usually gets em if they get through but Ive had the random badger sneak through and end up in my booze stockpile scaring the little bastards hence the traps.
Well, interrupting training means lost demonstration or sparring time - either is better than the default Drills they get up to.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 05:08:03 pm »

Just download a mod or two. They keep things interesting. The fortress dedense one is amazing, tons of enemies nonstop for loads of carnage. I made a forces of chaos one with super deadly enemies that use weapons and armour made from a material more deadly than adamantine. You can't help but lose dwarf after dwarf in glorious combat using any self-respecting mod.
Pages: 1 2 [3]