Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress cruelty!  (Read 7615 times)

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress cruelty!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »

Since when is that bad?

....Wait, without things to kill the elves? YOU MONSTER
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 10:48:22 pm »

I'm unusually nice to my Dwarfs, I treat the humans fairly, and honestly tend to treat the Elfs decentlyish too... kinda.  Sure I'll steal from the Elves for the first year or two, but I as long as they offer no violance I let them leave alive.  And once I'm rolling in useless trade crap, I sell it to the Elves for wooden bolts and the ocasional odd bit of food, drink, or animal.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 10:54:30 pm »

Yes, yes, it's all falling into place! We will bathe in the blood of the elves, and mix it with our own kind!
MUHAHAHAHA!!!
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 12:24:49 am »

Once accidentally started a forest fire, doing absolutely nothing (besides burning the grass away, some how leaving the trees standing, due to epic way things are in the dwarven world) but killing 15+ gorillas  :'(  poor apes.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 12:34:06 am »

Once accidentally started a forest fire, doing absolutely nothing (besides burning the grass away, some how leaving the trees standing, due to epic way things are in the dwarven world) but killing 15+ gorillas  :'(  poor apes.
You still feel empathy?

You have a lot to learn. You should be doing that on purpose for the Fun of it!

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 12:36:29 am »

There is not cruelty in Dwarf Fortress, only varying degrees of effeciency.

I think the only cruel thing I do is build a 10z high tower, add spikes on the side and a bridge on top.  Prisoners of War, and animals, get dropped off the top into the spikes and anyone nobles I don't let gets stationed on the burrow on the bridge... then catapaulted off. 
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 07:08:42 am »

I want to make a fort of "Doesn't care about anything due to the regularlity of cats being dropped from huge z levels onto spikes at the high traffic zones" dwarves but I have difficulty killing kitties (everything else is fine, I <3 kittays :3) and my atrocious fortress management abilities.

In adventure however I regularly devour everything and break bones for giggles. Most people I kill have been mutilated to stupid degrees, often by bite/shake.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 07:50:30 am »

Made dwarves butcherable and made cannibalism ok.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 08:26:52 am »

I love eating eyes and hearts in adventure... nothing quite like imagining a dwarf covered in dragon blood and vomit prancing back into town to report his success whilst munching on dragon eyes and other assorted organs.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 08:31:57 am »

I love eating eyes and hearts in adventure... nothing quite like imagining a dwarf covered in dragon blood and vomit prancing back into town to report his success whilst munching on dragon eyes and other assorted organs.

This is not cruelty, this is Bad Ass eating.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 10:33:13 am »

There is not cruelty in Dwarf Fortress, only varying degrees of effeciency.

Can I put that on my sig? Please?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 01:34:42 pm »

Ghosts have both made me more cruel and less cruel. On one hand, I try very hard to NOT kill dwarves anymore, since it results in permanently waisting space for coffins and/or plaques. On the other hand, I care far less about what dwarves think than I used to. You want dignity in death? screw you dwarf, you're ALL getting stuck in a coffin in an overcrowded room. you might work for me for part of your life, but you'll spend all of eternity annoying me. i'd atom-smash you, but that would require actually remembering your names to make plaques - and you're not that important.

So sadly, my cruelty is currently limited to how I kill goblins. 1 - catch them. 2 - store them on a medium tower. 3 - drop them onto spikes and poorly-made traps filled with dull weapons. 4 - let them suffer with most of their bones broken for a while. 5 - slaughter them for training purposes. Badgers are the same way (have to empty those cage traps somehow).
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 05:50:35 pm »

Fascist Fortress

Well trained fortress guard and purpously making sure that I never complete any of the noble mandates.
Free beatings for everyone!
Also no hospital.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange
Pages: 1 2 [3]