Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress cruelty!  (Read 7614 times)

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress cruelty!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 12:57:52 pm »

My fortress is going to have a Sacrifice Chamber, to keep the heart machine beating, bringing life to the fort. If it should grow cold... the doors will be stuck, locked tight, bridges raised in all out defense mode. an irreparable lock down and slow death. if they allow it to go out, it'll be rigged to self destruct.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 01:48:01 pm »

I'd like to change my answer. I just saw a picture of a spaniel for the first time...I've been murdering these critters in huge groups.  :'(
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 01:48:16 pm »

With the undead stuff in the works. I want a alien vs predator set up - temple where elf captives are sacrificed guests are awarded the greatest honour and from their deaths come zombies that my military can hone their skills on.
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 02:07:31 pm »

A siege came; many of my dwarves were still outside, gathering chopped wood and moving things from temporary stores. I immediately closed the back entrance, and waited for the dwarves to come in through the main entrance. They took too long.

When goblins and dwarves approached, I started activating the traps. I had a drawbridge throwing them against a wall, and below that a pit of spikes. Everything was set on full repeat. Mercilessly murdering friend and foe alike, dwarves being impaled and crushed when in sight of safety and their loved ones.

I think this would be especially cruel to the dwarves on lever duty. I'm sure at least one of them killed several friends and family members. And the ones who had to clean up the blood afterwards...

All in all, just another season at the fortress.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 02:09:50 pm »

With the undead stuff in the works. I want a alien vs predator set up - temple where elf captives are sacrificed guests are awarded the greatest honour and from their deaths come zombies that my military can hone their skills on.
I'm definitely going to sacrifice captives to zombies.

All those goblin baby rapers snatchers that I catch with the one cage trap on the other side of the map deserve to be eaten alive. I mean, come on! If they're that damn stupid, they are asking for it.

Scraggletag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 02:59:36 pm »

I designed, tested and built this.

But it was really done in the name of efficiency, not cruelty.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 03:19:18 pm »

No beer Fortress

you cannot best me in the ways of cruelty

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 03:20:42 pm »

No beer Fortress

you cannot best me in the ways of cruelty
At least we still have wine and rum  :)

BlueOceans10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 03:40:35 pm »

With Vampires about to come out and all, I thought to myself, "Eh, might as well have a go at a cannibalist slaver society to prepare for the oncoming bloodbath ahead, teehee~"

So, I made a mock-up "eternals" race that weren't really different from humans other than having longer life spans, a special bite attack and a three tier caste system denoting the nobles, servants, and slave castes, the last of which had pet tags. Also made an associated entity entry that had ethics that reflected what I wanted to try out.

Tested an embark wth 'em, noting that the cattle were ridiculously cheap at 1 points (forgot to put up a pet value tag) and that they were pretty useless for anything other than food and leather (which I promptly tried out, to great success), unless they were part of the starting seven in which case I could assign points to them. So. All well and normal, didn't really think on what I was doing at a moralistic level.

Then I got a notification that a baby was born. Huh, alright, lets see who the lucky mother is. Was somewhat excited over how the caste system would work out. Went to announcements, zoomed in on the event, and looked.

It was one of the slaves. It was the last unused slave I had, since I butchered, tanned and cooked the male pair early on, and there were only two women in the original seven, and I was about to test out the animal trainer with the other free slave and-

At that point I just quit.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 03:48:16 pm »

I haven't done anything very cruel yet, but I am going to be using babies as snatcher bait.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 06:37:49 pm »

It was one of the slaves. It was the last unused slave I had, since I butchered, tanned and cooked the male pair early on, and there were only two women in the original seven, and I was about to test out the animal trainer with the other free slave and-

At that point I just quit.

What happened, FPS death? You could just butcher the baby if it was bothering you...
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 07:38:36 pm »

make a mine with a meeting hall air lock

migrants come in, get locked up, have to mine and make crafts/masonry/burial receptacles until they all die from starvation, last man buries the dead

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 10:26:03 pm »

make a mine with a meeting hall air lock

migrants come in, get locked up, have to mine and make crafts/masonry/burial receptacles until they all die from starvation, last man buries the dead
Does the last man standing get allowed entry?

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 10:37:37 pm »

Unhappiness is now a crime. Lost your pet? Starvation in the slave pit. Father died in siege? Carvern touring duty. Lost your baby? painful burning death as a sacrifice to Armok. Death of a friend due to Stalin reigme? Into the drowning pits with the elves and the master level cheesemaking immigrants.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 10:40:13 pm »

Unhappiness is now a crime. Lost your pet? Starvation in the slave pit. Father died in siege? Carvern touring duty. Lost your baby? painful burning death as a sacrifice to Armok. Death of a friend due to Stalin reigme? Into the drowning pits with the elves and the master level cheesemaking immigrants.
You... monster!

You lock your dwarves in a room with elves?
Pages: 1 [2] 3