Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress cruelty!  (Read 7617 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress cruelty!
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:11:55 am »

This is a thread discussing your cruelest, vilest, most sadistic things you have done on fortress mode.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:18:14 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress video game cruelty potential...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:18:03 am »

Sent pistolmen against those poor defenseless Desert Devil hammerman ambushers outside the gates during an infected siege.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:19:40 am »

Um, I had one fort recently where I threw my prisoners into a pit and filled it to 1/7 magmosity, ensuring that they would see the flesh melt from their bones instead of drowning. That's the worst I've done, I'm probably a giant vagina compared to some of the people here.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 10:22:07 am »

The cruelest thing I have done (I don't usually get far enough to develop a cruelty machine nowadays) was drop useless migrants onto iron spikes and leave them there until they died of infection, starvation or dehydration. I'm pretty sure I drowned a few of them, too.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 10:35:18 am »

Um, I had one fort recently where I threw my prisoners into a pit and filled it to 1/7 magmosity, ensuring that they would see the flesh melt from their bones instead of drowning. That's the worst I've done, I'm probably a giant vagina compared to some of the people here.

Nah, if I remember correctly, way back someone built a giant stone vagina then collapsed a huge cast obsidian pillar into it...strike the earth has never meant the same thing to me since...
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress cruelty!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:36:38 am »

Mod these in and then design a kill zone where every now and then the floor disappears from them so invaders have to start from the beginning again. There's just something about watching 3 varieties of elves get their body parts severed from a ranged barrage that makes me keep coming back for more.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 10:37:49 am »

I just build dystopians states where everyone  "Doesn't really care about anything anymore" and randomly drag loved ones away for slaughter.

Soylent Ale is DWAAAAAAAAAAAAAARVVEESS
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 11:13:37 am »

Sometimes I trade with elves for cloth.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 11:22:40 am »

Sometimes I trade with elves for cloth.

Disgusting.

For me? Probably stripping POWs naked and beating them to death with blunt training weapons.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 11:52:01 am »

Lighting elves on fire with wood that was chopped up infront of them. Then shooting them with wooden bolts (Which caught fire on said elf), also chopped infront of them.

I don't know, I've probably done worse.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 12:12:13 pm »

Segregating and executing all males that come to the fortress.
If I'm feeling charitable I might just put them to work down in the slave pits, or use them to clean up forgotten beast extract
*Hugs*

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 12:13:27 pm »

Segregating and executing all males that come to the fortress.
If I'm feeling charitable I might just put them to work down in the slave pits, or use them to clean up forgotten beast extract
In dwarf fortress, those are all the same thing.

lol.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 12:16:30 pm »

Dropping a naked POW in a 1x1 pit with a weapon trap containing a single training spear. Sometimes, dorfs that are especially stupid get to be dropped into the pit, too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 12:34:52 pm »

Stripping elves and then killing them (though is that considered cruelty, seeing that everyone hates elves ?), drowning fellow dwarf caravans, killing poor migrants just because I did not want more, NOT saving a fortress or two on the edge of tantrum spirals, killing children willingly on danger rooms just because I wanted to harden the parents, slaughtering kittens (that one actually was slightly more difficult 'cause I really like cats IRL) for FPS's sake, laughing evilly at my first fell mood and therefore allowing the murder of a child to see what could the dwarf do with the child's corpse... what else...

Yeah. I also enjoyed games like Evil Genius, Black & White and Dungeon Keeper II.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 12:39:03 pm »

Stripping elves and then killing them (though is that considered cruelty, seeing that everyone hates elves ?), drowning fellow dwarf caravans, killing poor migrants just because I did not want more, NOT saving a fortress or two on the edge of tantrum spirals, killing children willingly on danger rooms just because I wanted to harden the parents, slaughtering kittens (that one actually was slightly more difficult 'cause I really like cats IRL) for FPS's sake, laughing evilly at my first fell mood and therefore allowing the murder of a child to see what could the dwarf do with the child's corpse... what else...

Yeah. I also enjoyed games like Evil Genius, Black & White and Dungeon Keeper II.
All of that is just...

Standard dwarf behavior. Everyone does all of that  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3